The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Damn...those milk photos are awesome. Kudo to the people that took the time to shoot and edit it altogether.

A few friends and I were thinking of doing those milk photo shoots but the more we looked at it, the more you see that there is a lot of cloning being done. Yes I know it's a composite but I just don't think I'd have the patience of lining up photo after photo to get the right look/design of the milk dress. LOL

Props to the people who actually have tried it and were successful. 

A couple from the Dew Games here in SF:

dew-games-1.jpg
dew-games-2.png

Been a while since I've posted in here.

Ghost by Mayank4585, on Flickr

Not sure how I feel about this one. Originally I left everything B&W until the reflection of the grass was on the right door. Then I said F it and colored in the grass.

Just getting into the photography. Just wondering if this is a good deal http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-Rebel...300-16GB-Flash-Battery-Case-USA-/290789149076

I want to get into shooting vidz documentaries and photography. Have to start somewhere I guess. A camera and a few good reads should keep me busy. Any good book suggestions?

For shooting documentaries I'm not sure if the 70-300mm will be of much use to you. The rebel is a good camera for starters but I'd definitely look into other lenses. Not sure if a prime would help in this situation.

Last edited:
Anyone have the Nikon 17-55 2.8? How do you like it?

Can't decide between the Sigma 18-35 1.8 and the Nikon 17-55.

Anyone have the Nikon 17-55 2.8? How do you like it?

Can't decide between the Sigma 18-35 1.8 and the Nikon 17-55.
I had the canon 17_55 2.8 and I must say it was amazing. It just collected dust a bit to much. So of the Nikon is anything close to it , then it should be great as well.

Nice pictures everyone.

I am finally actually thinking about getting a zoom after all this talk about loving primes. When I was at that skateboard event, I had the worst time getting shots and switching lenses from a 24mm, 50mm and a 135mm and even from all those lenses, I didn't get solid shots. I might have to look into the 24-70mm.

I am finally actually thinking about getting a zoom after all this talk about loving primes. When I was at that skateboard event, I had the worst time getting shots and switching lenses from a 24mm, 50mm and a 135mm and even from all those lenses, I didn't get solid shots. I might have to look into the 24-70mm.
is the 24 an L? 

is the 24 an L? 

Yup. I just want the zoom for range I guess. It was just a pain going from prime to prime when moving around and for those shots, I didn't need to go any lower then F/4. Perhaps if I rented the 85mm I would have been in a better focal range cause from 50mm to 135mm, I had to get back pretty far or get pretty close.

Can anyone suggest any websites or blogs that have tutorials on how to learn about shooting and understanding editing of photos? 

^^^Try youtube. Literally just put it in the search bar and there is tons of stuff how to teach you how to shoot. If that still seems difficult, try and go out shooting with people. I find reading about photography is way harder then it is. Maybe cause I am an idiot.

is the 24L good? I have the 24-105L and it's a good walk around IMHO for the price ....

I was actually looking into the 14L - want it for landscape .....

^Looks fun! That second to last pic with the sun setting is perfect timing

Can anyone suggest any websites or blogs that have tutorials on how to learn about shooting and understanding editing of photos? 

Yup like Fong suggested Youtube. That's how I figured out everything I know about CS4 and LR4. Google helps also. Free info FTW!

Last edited:
You guys don't understand how happy I am.

Picked this up for a pretty damn good price. A little less than 3 years old and almost NO signs of use which is crazy. Even on the mount. Barely anything. Seems too good to be true...

Anyways, I highly recommend this lens. If you can, scoop one up!!

10302539504_c7d33d6243_c.jpg

[COLOR=#red]Newly announced Sony Alpha 7R Full Frame Mirrorless Cam :smokin

[/COLOR]

24.3 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with OLPF [A7]
36.3 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with no OLPF [A7R]
E-mount with support for FE, E, and A-mount lenses (with adapter)
Bionz X image processor
Hybrid AF system with 25 contrast-detect and 117 phase-detect points [A7 only]
Weather-sealed magnesium alloy body
3-inch tilting LCD with 1.23 million dots
XGA (2.4 million dot) electronic viewfinder
Diffraction correction technology
Full HD video recording at 1080/60p and 24p; uncompressed HDMI output
Wi-Fi with NFC capability and downloadable apps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom