The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I learn a lot every time I got out and do the steel wool thing. I guess this stuff really can't be done near any kind sun even if it is on the way down. Also you can really only leave the camera open for 30 seconds. Any longer and you start losing the brightness of the steel wool. Also you can't really be in a pitch black area cause your camera will need to be open for more then 30 seconds so you almost have to do this stuff with ambient light around whether that is some lights or even the moon. Anyways...I shot probably 12 things yesterday and only 2 came out okay.

Last edited:
Currently own a Nikon D3100...need some advice from you guys. Should I buy a d7100 or just continue to save up for d300s?

Currently own a Nikon D3100...need some advice from you guys. Should I buy a d7100 or just continue to save up for d300s?

Depends on what you want to shoot in the future. I own a D3100 right now and I'm trying to sell it to get a MKii. I want to upgrade to full frame and canon lenses are a little cheaper than nikon in the long run

LA08NATIVE - Great series of street smokers. Do you shoot from the hip or do you aim and shoot?
Thanks!

From the hip...

I gotta work on getting closer to the subject.

Doing things like looking the opposite way from the subject while shooting...

Acting like your daydreaming while the shutter is going off...

I'm working on these things as there's no such thing as being "stealth" when you're 6'5'' lol!

Back
Top Bottom