The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I just bought this camera while searching for a Polaroid 600se.
It's pretty bulky, but still awesome.

*photo courtesy of my friend*

finally took the cam out...its a major conversion for me from Canon to Nikon...still need to figure out how to work the AF better. Randoms 

Here's that video again.

bodhi-1a.jpg

And just some silly photo of me and my cat after one of his surgeries while testing my flashes for another photo. Out of no where he couldn't pee and had a block in his uterus. Over a week later with so many other complications and 2 surgeries cause by this initial block, I get him home tomorrow where I think he might have days to live. Dumb to even stress over I know.....but my dude Bodhi has been the best pet ever.

going to SF March 27th - March 31st

Would like to know some good places to shoot

I haven't really posted pix in here…just lurking but I hope to post some after my SF trip

Best wishes to your cat fong. And I'm so tempted by that X-T1, will probably pick one up when fuji drops the price.

Stixx, I've been to battery spencer and fort point to shoot the golden gate, both great spots.

some random shots from this summer of mine that I like

I'm shooting w/a Nikon D3100 18-200m | 50mm | SB 700 flash

Any & all feedback would be greatly appreciated

Best wishes to your cat fong. And I'm so tempted by that X-T1, will probably pick one up when fuji drops the price.

Stixx, I've been to battery spencer and fort point to shoot the golden gate, both great spots.
thanx a lot 

I need some help...

Im taking a trip at the end of the year to Florence, Paris, London, and Rome.

I currently shoot with a Nikon D3200 and a kit lens 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR NIKKOR Zoom Lens.

I need input on what lens to pick up.

I narrow it down to two lenses. 

Both around the $200-$300 range 

I feel like the fisheye lens would be more suitable for this trip.

What lens should i pick up?

1)Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon

Amazon product ASIN B001S2PPT0
2)Rokinon FE8M-N 8mm F3.5 Fisheye Lens for Nikon

Amazon product ASIN B006O7158O

going to SF March 27th - March 31st
Would like to know some good places to shoot
I haven't really posted pix in here…just lurking but I hope to post some after my SF trip

Like bjamez20 said those 2 spots are dope for shooting the gg. Twin peaks is cool, you can get some really nice shots at night.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=twin peaks sf

There's ocean beach, sutro baths for a dope sunset shot, lands end to get another angle of the golden gate, along the embarcadero you can shoot the bay bridge and the entire city, treasure island is cool also for the entire city.

On another note I went to pacific heights for the first time in my life and man I must say it sure would be nice to live there. Already got my house picked out for when I make my millions.

^^^^Nice Steezy. Saw that on Insta.

And nice Stixx. Love the graff one.

Yanky....thanks homie. I am trying to think positive.

Thinking a 85mm is gonna be next purchase. Right now I can't decide between the nikon 1.8g or the sigma 1.4.

Anyone with insight on either lens? Is the sigma worth twice the price?

I need some help...

Im taking a trip at the end of the year to Florence, Paris, London, and Rome.

I currently shoot with a Nikon D3200 and a kit lens 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR NIKKOR Zoom Lens.

I need input on what lens to pick up.

I narrow it down to two lenses. 

Both around the $200-$300 range 

I feel like the fisheye lens would be more suitable for this trip.

What lens should i pick up?

1)Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-35mm-1-8G-Digital-Cameras/dp/B001S2PPT0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393218146&sr=1-1&keywords=Nikon+35mm+f%2F1.8G+AF-S+DX+Lens+for+Nikon

2)Rokinon FE8M-N 8mm F3.5 Fisheye Lens for Nikon

http://www.amazon.com/Rokinon-Fisheye-Aperture-Exposure-AE8M-N/dp/B006O7158O/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393218063&sr=1-7&keywords=nikon+fisheye+lens

many look at fisheye lenses as a novelty because it definitely has a strong look to it, but fisheyes are very versatile especially if you can figure out how to de-fish lens w/ correction when editing. in the long run the 35mm is probably a better buy, however some things to consider are technically you have that focal length covered with your kit lens (albeit not as fast or probably not as sharp, definitely pluses) & on the other hand with the fisheye you can get pictures that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get, especially because it is a super wide angle lens

i have a copy of that rokinon 8mm, though it is a 2.8, pic i've taken with it:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom