The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Just now finding this thread.  Some really awesome pictures in here, i gotta take some time and go through the pages.

I'm using an old Canon Rebel XTi right now, i'm going to upgrade soon, but it gets the job done.

14152306643_297aa7a214_h.jpg

14111462225_f70f24d91f_h.jpg

14099108814_1f48faed2c_h.jpg

Last edited:
For those who think they can tell the difference between photographs taken by Full Frame, APS-C, or Micro 4/3 take this image test from http://www.guesstheformat.com . You'll be surprised by the results.
Yunno I actually did pretty well when it came to picking FF or APS-C/Micro 4/3. Full frame just has this extra something about it that looks better to me.

I agree, most people probably can't tell the difference between APS-C, Full Frame, whatever (online). But like Fong said, things are different when you're talking about varying/low lighting conditions or actually printing your work. The difference between the sensors is much more obvious.

[COLOR=#red]Everything you said was true...it was just something that showed that it's not always as easy to tell the difference between sensors due to a number of factors

As far as the concert comment...when I worked for Apple Corporate there was a employee there that was Steve Tyler's personal technology assistant. He had some truly freaking breathtaking photos from concerts he attended...all of us where in awe of the clarity and the color and how it popped out to us visually, we all thought he had this amazing camera setup...dude had a older ApS-C Canon with a really good 50mm prime lens.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Working on my final for my photo class. Assignment is to put together 3 composites, each at least 6 pictures. Here's my first. Sky is 4 separate exposures. Bleachers another, field another, and obviously the skyline is another. Been downsampled so lost some detail throughout. Yankee stadium/FiDi in case you were wondering.

Working on my final for my photo class. Assignment is to put together 3 composites, each at least 6 pictures. Here's my first. Sky is 4 separate exposures. Bleachers another, field another, and obviously the skyline is another. Been downsampled so lost some detail throughout. Yankee stadium/FiDi in case you were wondering.
pimp.gif

For those who think they can tell the difference between photographs taken by Full Frame, APS-C, or Micro 4/3 take this image test from http://www.guesstheformat.com . You'll be surprised by the results.

Yunno I actually did pretty well when it came to picking FF or APS-C/Micro 4/3. Full frame just has this extra something about it that looks better to me.

I agree, most people probably can't tell the difference between APS-C, Full Frame, whatever (online). But like Fong said, things are different when you're talking about varying/low lighting conditions or actually printing your work. The difference between the sensors is much more obvious.

I can't even front, I only slightly did better than 50/50 overall (I like to think I did better judging full-frame v. apsc/micro 4/3, but i wasn't taking note), I'm not all that surprised though...most cameras these days are really good especially in good lighting & with post processing but I may not have a good eye for that...

got a couple new lenses, hence randoms:

gone fishing by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

_DSC7598.jpg by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

B & W flower pic[emoji]8482[/emoji] by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

another standard flower pic[emoji]8482[/emoji] by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

_DSC7632.jpg by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Very impressive images. I am curious to know if you used any noise reduction tools in post for these results and were you using only natural light?

Thanks man. No noise reduction was used at all and yes, it was all with available natural light. I try and only carry my camera and one lens with me at all times so about 90% of the time I just use whatever light is available.

fuugghhh very glad and excited to see everyone uppin' their game up! last few pages of photos have been absolute fire. Good work fam!

Got to spend some time with the holy grail today. Wish I got to shoot it with the doors open and it wasn't in such a confined space.

^Try bringing down the highlights a bit in the first one. Might be able to see the lines on the car better since it's white.

Happy with the way this one came out for being inside with a bunch of lights. Should have brought my polarizer to cut out the reflections though.

^Try bringing down the highlights a bit in the first one. Might be able to see the lines on the car better since it's white.

Good call. I actually had it turned all the way down already. I had to save it and open it again in lightroom to lower it more.  

Better or too much? 

13955899770_76e25f5590_h.jpg
by Nelson4G63, on Flickr

^A lot better! I can totally tell the difference and now the sky pops a bit more. Sometimes when my highlights are all the way down and I want to bring it down some more I use the graduated filters to go over the areas or even the entire image, then bring the highlights down with a combo of bringing down the exposure/whites. Wish I had an Evo that I could shoot. I bet you have a lot of fun in that thing.

Actually took a few snaps of a white GT2RS today. Too bad it was cloudy and all those other cars were around it. :\

B&W just to see what it looked like. I'm feelin it.

Happy with this interior shot. If only I could open the door it would look better.

Original

Alright that's enough car photo's for the night :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom