The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

This may have been discussed, but are Van and 13th legit photographers or are they the equivalent of a IG Fitness/Squat chicks in photographer form?

They out there testing out Leica gear before it drops, they are photogs....I know 13th been rolling with NYonAir for a while, Van just shoots hot chicks, these dudes are living the life....I hate them... :rofl:

Where did you take those first 3 shots at? I recognize sutro baths but have never seen those other spots, unless they're not in SF.
1st photo is from the Philippines. 2nd is on top of a hill somewhere in SF, unfortunately I forgot what the area was called :frown:. 3rd is a beach over here in Aptos/Capitola area. 

Beer Belly LA

I think 13th is an exceptional photographer. Even his edits are really good. Van seems like a niche photographer but is good at it too. You can tell when he's outside of his element when he shoots other things. I think both are good though and most of all, even just humble at being where they are at. I met Van for like a millie second and he seemed really down to earth was never shot down people asking to take photos of him.

I was just going to say......I thought I could afford the Leica T since I still have my 5D that I have yet to sell but I just saw that it was for the body. The god damn 23mm lens is more than the camera! And the electronic viewfinder is almost $600. Nuts.

Yeah the body is somewhat attainable, the lenses tho :rofl: talmbout 7k for the 23mm I believe :x

as awesome as the leica t is to look at & I imagine it would feel quite nice to hold/use one, even if I had it to spend i couldn't see rocking one; maybe if i had owned another leica camera body & already had a few leica lenses...even then I don't think I could do it...haven't heard/read much about after the initial press drop, is it available?

What's everyone's take on UV filters? I currently has one on 2 of the 3 lenses I use, but 1. they are cheap filters from Best Buy or came free with the lens at purchase and 2. I now find myself removing them whenever I shoot. I just find the refractions to be so bad. Debating on if I should invest in a quality UV so I don't have to keep taking it off and putting it back on, or if I should just give up on them and take my chances with my lenses.

^ I used to buy them starting out. Now I never use them, don't want cheap glass in front of my expensive glass.

Still lenseless at the moment. The second I have cash all mediums (that I use) that have a plethora of lenses dry up.

Might have to grab the 40 mm STM to hold me over. Outside of Ebay, craiglist and POTN, are there any high traffic forums with sell sections?

Edit: spoke too soon, just scooped a 17-40L and 85 1.8. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I think 13th is an exceptional photographer. Even his edits are really good. Van seems like a niche photographer but is good at it too. You can tell when he's outside of his element when he shoots other things. I think both are good though and most of all, even just humble at being where they are at. I met Van for like a millie second and he seemed really down to earth was never shot down people asking to take photos of him.
met 13th at an apple clinic a few backs. such a great dude and has a really deep insight into photography and editing. brilliant dude. IMO though I still think Trashhand is much more fundamentally sound in pretty much all aspects of photography whether it be minimal, architectural, landscape, portrait. Van is a beast though at portrait photography though...dude just KILLS it when it comes to photoshoots. 

Last edited:
Still lenseless at the moment. The second I have cash all mediums (that I use) that have a plethora of lenses dry up.

Might have to grab the 40 mm STM to hold me over. Outside of Ebay, craiglist and POTN, are there any high traffic forums with sell sections?

Edit: spoke too soon, just scooped a 17-40L and 85 1.8. :pimp:

fredmiranda.

Random shot before my fantasy draft yesterday

Photographed my towns 5k/10k run last week, hopefully i can build a relationship with the city to do future events

Back
Top Bottom