The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

photographed my niece for her 1 year old photos
Reported.

kidding

Last edited:
I believe you are being sarcastic but if you guys are really reporting cats for posting harmless pictures ... SMH .. Im going to stop posting.

Need alittle help, whats a good tripod for under $70? Only had mine for a few weeks and it was a piece of trash, easily broke.
BUMP! I was actually going to ask for recommendations on a tripod as well. I was looking into the MeFOTO Roadtrip but that thing is almost $200; I dont really mind the price because of the size, sturdiness, ball head mount, and it converts to a monopod. If others could chime in it would be greatly appreciated!

Still standing by this.

http://www.costco.com/Dolica-Prolin...-with-Ball-Head-Bundle-.product.11746472.html

Under $100, can't be beat.

Some reviews from PotN.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1144054

Last edited:
I believe you are being sarcastic but if you guys are really reporting cats for posting harmless pictures ... SMH .. Im going to stop posting.
Lmao. It was a joke.

to some extent i can understand the paranoia expressed about the posting of children, we are in paranoid times, i do find a little bit weird that so many do put pictures/vids of heir kids online, as benign as it may be, moreso because it unnecessarily puts that stuff out into the world without the regard to how it will be used/seen and in what context; not sure any generation has had to deal with the sheer ubiquity of images being created as now, i would image it being kind of weird if your 10 year-old self found out that your baby picture/video existed as an internet meme at one point...that being said, i kind of think as general rule if it isn't your kid and you don't have the explicit permission/understanding of the parent(s) you probably shouldn't post pictures of someone else's child...

anyone shooting film ?
I've got a Canon T-50 that i picked up from a thrift store
I've been playin it with for a while now
Love shooting with it just need some lenses and a few pointers.

Last edited:
Kanye shoots with a 6D. I was in the market for a 6D. Hypebeast stay away!

Source? If Kanye somehow turns every "sneakerhead" into a photographer, I'll be dambed. Though I must admit that sneakers are what really got me interested.
My fault, it was a joke. There was a pic of MasterWilliams on IG that looked like Kanye shooting with a 6D. Everyone kept saying it was him.

anyone shooting film ?
I've got a Canon T-50 that i picked up from a thrift store
I've been playin it with for a while now
Love shooting with it just need some lenses and a few pointers.

I have a Canonet Rangefinder but haven't shot with it in a while. From my experience, shooting film is no different than digital but of course with the film camera, you have to nail that shot. I remember when my DLSR broke, I took out my Canonet as a replacement shooter and shot a full roll at a Talib Kweli in store concert and shot the same pose for almost each picture. Got one out of the 24 that was good.

Sometimes I see you guys' pics and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. I know most are edited but it's the shot. Some of you guys take pics that are basic that I wouldn't think to take and with the editing they turn out great. Just a random thought.

Sometimes I see you guys' pics and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. I know most are edited but it's the shot. Some of you guys take pics that are basic that I wouldn't think to take and with the editing they turn out great. Just a random thought.

It's kind of the nature of the beast and why this hobby is so widely accepted now. Even with IG photos, a lot of people are used to editing something into a photo that it is not. I say just run with it. I am a firm believer that editing is just part of digital photography and more so now than ever. Filters were never even a part of it not too long ago and at most, it was contrast, brightness, color balance etc. Just learn those tools and see what you come up with. Maybe some of the photos you have can be pushed that much farther. Of course the substance of the shot is still the key thing but editing can push the photo that much farther.

Back
Top Bottom