The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Looks better smaller. I used to tag my photos as well but also grew out of it.

I'd suggest maybe moving it from the bottom-center to the bottom-right/left?

Watermarks is really a design thing. The better the logo, the better the water mark. Also you have to put it in areas that won't distract the image which is also more of a design thing. Compliment the photo and don't have it distract the image.

Some samples of effective watermarks. I would perfect a better logo first if you know how.

0115.jpg
JD0884.jpg
How-to-watermark-a-photo.jpg
ela-006906bw(pp_w710_h473).jpg

Recent stuff.

The images above are VSCO's Film Presets. Messed around with a few. Still haven't found one that I like, too many to choose from really.

--

On another note, didn't post it here but a new lens/toy was added. Used it plenty of times before but always used a 50mm. Homie hooked it up, always liked older lens than newer ones. Just felt they were built better in terms of color, contrast, and quality. Photo was edited using another VSCO Film Preset also.

More on the blog.

IG - @dunksrnice
www.dunksrnice.net

To be Honest I don't even use VSCO ... I adjust to my liking and if I see something I like, I'll find out it was achieved. To many people using VSCO have people using those presets on perfectly beautiful pictures w/o them ...

Can anyone here recommend a good memory card reader? I've been researching and it seems like most have their flaws and eventually have problems with not reading cards or just dying. I'd appreciate any help :D

Spent the weekend shooting mostly with the 10-18mm again. I think my next purchase will likely be an 85mm 1.8. The 1.2 is way outta my budget for the time being. A few co-workers have asked me about doing some portrait work of their families....so thats on tap starting in May. I did a birthday party for a a friend (his sons 1st birthday), and starting to get inquiries about doing a few for his co-workers. In all, I'm just enjoying everything I'm shooting lately.

Weekend Randoms! by iammikerios, on Flickr

To be Honest I don't even use VSCO ... I adjust to my liking and if I see something I like, I'll find out it was achieved. To many people using VSCO have people using those presets on perfectly beautiful pictures w/o them ...
Yeah, I've been doing that for many years now. Just trying something new since I never or rarely use presets. I'm not even going to lie though, it works well with some photos especially the ones were the warmer tones work best.

dunksrnice dunksrnice is that the D700 or D800?
D800. I still shoot with my D700.

I'm definitely enjoying my new camera. Crazy how some of the pictures have little noise even at a high ISO. I rented some LED lights from my school yesterday to test out. It's my first time using any lights other than natural light, but the pictures turned out better than I expected. I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of aliasing.

IMG_7831 by Moses Kinnah, on Flickr

IMG_7792-2 by Moses Kinnah, on Flickr

IMG_7746-2 by Moses Kinnah, on Flickr

ANY D750 SHOOTERS IN HERE? PROS/CONS

I THINK IM READY FOR A FULL FRAME.

MY D5200 JUST ISNT GIVING ME THE CLARITY THAT I AM LOOKING FOR/EXPECTING. I LOVE IT FOR ITS NUMEROUS FEATURES BUT THE CLARITY JUST ISNT THERE.

My Sony A6000 comes Tuesday, can't wait.

I got the 16-50mm and the 55-210mm lens with it, a 32 gig memory card, and a case for 680 shipped.

Good stuff in here. Congrats on the pickups as well. I need to slow down on shoes so I can get the gear I have been planning to get.

Been lurking for the past week here, awesome shots everyone. Just got my D3200 and Its great. It's a lot to learn but each day I get more and more comfortable with it. @dunksarenice you got a great site and love your pics. Any advice for a newbie would be great. Keep up the good work homie.

I'm looking into getting a new lense. Going to Bali in August so hopefully by then I'm a better photographer and I could post some stuff here.

Good stuff in here. Congrats on the pickups as well. I need to slow down on shoes so I can get the gear I have been planning to get.

I feel like I tell myself I'll slow down on kicks every other month...

Been lurking for the past week here, awesome shots everyone. Just got my D3200 and Its great. It's a lot to learn but each day I get more and more comfortable with it. @dunksarenice you got a great site and love your pics. Any advice for a newbie would be great. Keep up the good work homie.

I'm looking into getting a new lense. Going to Bali in August so hopefully by then I'm a better photographer and I could post some stuff here.

Congrats on the pickup! I've been shooting with a D3200 for the past year or so and it's been awesome.

As for tips, do you have an understanding of the Exposure Triangle yet? I feel like that's one of the first things a new photographer should get a grasp on. Once you start teaching yourself about it just go out and shoot. In my opinion no amount of reading can replace actually going out and using your camera.

There are TONS of articles around the web, just look around and you'll definitely find some helpful ones.

Here's a good place to start.
http://digital-photography-school.com/learning-exposure-in-digital-photography/

I feel like I tell myself I'll slow down on kicks every other month...
Congrats on the pickup! I've been shooting with a D3200 for the past year or so and it's been awesome.

As for tips, do you have an understanding of the Exposure Triangle yet? I feel like that's one of the first things a new photographer should get a grasp on. Once you start teaching yourself about it just go out and shoot. In my opinion no amount of reading can replace actually going out and using your camera.

There are TONS of articles around the web, just look around and you'll definitely find some helpful ones.

Here's a good place to start.
http://digital-photography-school.com/learning-exposure-in-digital-photography/

Yeah I read up on it but not much. I've been busy with work so I haven't had the chance to go out and shoot much. I totally agree with going out and shoot. I feel like this camera will actually make me go out and shoot around now that the weather is getting better. Thanks on the link I will definitely apply it when I pick up my camera.

My Sony A6000 comes Tuesday, can't wait.

I got the 16-50mm and the 55-210mm lens with it, a 32 gig memory card, and a case for 680 shipped.

That's a great deal. Found a kit lens on CL for $115. I love the but I know I'll be using the kit lens more.

Testing the lens.

Can I get an opinion on this watermark?

It's clean, not in the way of the pic

I don't post much I don't feel I'm at where i wanna be before i post here.
But, i'll honestly say this is one of my favorite threads. There is sooo much useful information here because everyone's helpful. A lot of great shots too if I ever make it big I won't for y'all lol

ANY D750 SHOOTERS IN HERE? PROS/CONS

I THINK IM READY FOR A FULL FRAME.

MY D5200 JUST ISNT GIVING ME THE CLARITY THAT I AM LOOKING FOR/EXPECTING. I LOVE IT FOR ITS NUMEROUS FEATURES BUT THE CLARITY JUST ISNT THERE.

How? That's not a bad camera at all. Full frame will help a lot as it lets you shoot at higher ISO's. Regardless, go for a less expensive FF camera and get some good glass. Maybe a D610 or D800 and some glass :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom