The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

It's only a matter of time before Nikon and Canon produce something similar. But Sony is def turning heads. I switched in May from Canon to Sony at its has been an amazing ride. I currently own the A6000 and the A7ii which I love. I would suggest testing them out via a rental or at a local Best Buy.

[COLOR=#red]Maybe or maybe not. Even though they aren't at full strength right now, Sony is an overall more powerful company and has a huge R&D budget for them to take risks and develop new technology. Sony been innovating since back in the days...without the original Walkman we may not have ever seen an iPod, Sony created CD's which of course helped to influence DVD's and other optical media. Not to mention they changed the video gaming market with the OG Playstation. They are accustomed to taking on incumbent technologies and eventually winning out. Video game wise Nintendo and Sega were the incumbent video game tech companies with cartridge based media...then slowly buy surely the Playstation changed the game with optical media even though 3DO and Sega Saturn had disc based gaming.

All that to say, now that SOny has put their muscle behind imaging, don't be surprised to see the imaging market turn into a "triumvirate" instead of a dual hegemony. [/COLOR]

Sony and Nikon are fine. Their lenses alone will keep them a float and there are those that still like getting entry level DSLRs like the Rebels and D5000s. I think this really hurts those other mirrorless companies like Fuji and Olympus that seemed to have been back in the market again only cause of their mirrorless cameras. I am all for evolution though. One of my initial cameras was the Nikon D90 cause it was the first camera to shoot video and now look how common it is. I am sure everyone is going to make adjustments considering the popularity of the Sonys. Or Canon will just leave that market alone since they still haven't made a proper mirrorless camera. Haha.

Thanks for the suggestions. I still have a month to decide if I will pick up a P&S before a concert in July. Will try and take a look at the RX line in person. My GS5 does take pretty good pics, just worried about low light situations.

I'm planning on bringing my 6D to At&t park for a Giants game. Will they let me bring in the 24-105?

It's only a matter of time before Nikon and Canon produce something similar. But Sony is def turning heads. I switched in May from Canon to Sony at its has been an amazing ride. I currently own the A6000 and the A7ii which I love. I would suggest testing them out via a rental or at a local Best Buy.

Any regrets moving on from an SLR?

Honestly not 1. I love that I can throw them in my camera bag and not be weighted down. The imaging pops fresh out of the camera. Post processing is now at a minimum. I plan to invest in a couple more lenses this summer such as the 85mm and 70-200.

Thanks for the suggestions. I still have a month to decide if I will pick up a P&S before a concert in July. Will try and take a look at the RX line in person. My GS5 does take pretty good pics, just worried about low light situations.

I'm planning on bringing my 6D to At&t park for a Giants game. Will they let me bring in the 24-105?

If you don't want to go as far as the A6000 there is the A5100 which has been called the A6000 without the electronic viewfinder. I think you can land it for 400. Take a look into it.

From the other day

I was surprised the Ferrari parked that close to the entrance. A Rolls Royce pulled in a few minutes after and parked literally as far as he could from any other cars lol

[COLOR=#red]Just copped the 50mm 1.8 with optical steady shot lens for $160 brand new. The Sony store in Houston Galleria is going out of business and I haggled %40 off. I'll post pics, it's a really sharp and fast lens with "buttery " bokeh and gets crazy good reviews.[/COLOR]

Sold my old cam on Amazon. The buyer sends me an email claiming it was damaged in shipping and he wanted to return it. I went ahead and authorized it, and this guy sent me his old water damaged camera back :smh:

Money's still in my account, but gotta see what Amazon has to say. Some slimy dudes out there...

That's effing ridiculous. I hope you had proof of serial number as that would just straighten things out immediately.

When it comes to uploading to forums/tumblr/flickr im always too lazy 
mean.gif
 i need to change that and participate more lol. You guys have been killing it 

http://www.instagram.com/menvce/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom