The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Been researching, looking for my first camera ever. I'm thinking about copping a Nikon D3300 based on reviews. What do you guys think? Are there any other cameras I should consider around that price range?
I have it. Still learning it, love it

Seriously guys, I need help. Something is going on with my camera and idk what. 

At first I thought it was a lens issue, so I bought a new lens. 

But the same issue is going on and idk what to do.

I'm not sure what that is. I thought it was a crack in the lens but liek I said i replaced it. 

And I wiped down the inside of the body. What's going on? 
frown.gif

Seriously guys, I need help. Something is going on with my camera and idk what. 

At first I thought it was a lens issue, so I bought a new lens. 

But the same issue is going on and idk what to do.
Dang, wish I could help you out, but I have no clue what would cause that.

Upgraded my phone to an LG G4 earlier this week. gotta play around with the camera more, but I like what I've seen thus far.

@TBreeze that looks like a real nasty stain on your sensor to me. When you say you wiped the inside of the body.....did you attempt to clean the sensor on your own?

I'm looking into purchasing a couple flashes for my camera and I was wondering does anyone have any suggestions

I heard yongnuo was pretty solid for the price point

I'm looking into purchasing a couple flashes for my camera and I was wondering does anyone have any suggestions

I heard yongnuo was pretty solid for the price point

I have the Yongnuo YN-560II. I like it. I actually use it more than my other speedlight. Id be more concerned about my
Modifiers than my light.

I got the Yongnuo's as well. Still don't even know how to use them properly. Tried so many times to use them outdoors but just fail so bad. But they the version 2's have the internal signal that is nice. Don't need to had a transmitter to them. Really good for the price but I honestly couldn't compare it to anything else.

Nah. It randomly appeared. Tbh idek where my sensor is

Your sensor is behind the mirror. When it's flipped, you'll see it and it looks like this:

At times, the sensor will get dirty and you will have to clean it. It's a pain but everyone goes though it and it's more stuff to bye just to clean it. There should be a mode in you cam that will allow you to lock up you mirror:

From there, use a blower or even wipes to clean your sensor. Then you should be good.

^^^^No doubt. You'll eventually even go through cleaning your sensor and even getting it more dirty. I used those wipes and had crazy residue on my Mark 2 and when I did long exposures, everything looked horrible. I had to buy the blower to help things out. It's still out of wack for the most part.

Hey....you are from NY i see. Ever gone to the Irving Plaza venue? Are they hard up with security? I am trying to see if it is worth smuggling my camera to a show which is super hard since it's a Mark 3 with a 50mm. It's it's not worth it, then I'll just use my iPhone then.

^^^^No doubt. You'll eventually even go through cleaning your sensor and even getting it more dirty. I used those wipes and had crazy residue on my Mark 2 and when I did long exposures, everything looked horrible. I had to buy the blower to help things out. It's still out of wack for the most part.

Hey....you are from NY i see. Ever gone to the Irving Plaza venue? Are they hard up with security? I am trying to see if it is worth smuggling my camera to a show which is super hard since it's a Mark 3 with a 50mm. It's it's not worth it, then I'll just use my iPhone then.

Nah I've never been to Irving Plaza. But the area that its in isn't too uptight when it comes to concerts. I doubt you'll have a hard time.

But me being extra paranoid I would t bring it

^^^True. I am thinking it's a lose lose situation. I even contacted them on IG and they didn't give me any love back. I'll just leave my gear at the hotel then.

I got the Yongnuo's as well. Still don't even know how to use them properly. Tried so many times to use them outdoors but just fail so bad. But they the version 2's have the internal signal that is nice. Don't need to had a transmitter to them. Really good for the price but I honestly couldn't compare it to anything else.

What issues do you run into shooting outside with them

What issues do you run into shooting outside with them

Just doesn't look natural. Lighting looks all blue, over powered, pics come out blurry, etc. I have shot at dusk and at night and it's just so damn frustrating. I would think all you have to do is setup a flash on a stand and fire away but all my pics just look so damn horrible to the point where I just don't use them. The only time where I felt I had some control was shooting indoors in my small studio. I would use two flash off shoe and get some decent lighting on things. When I take them outside, it's like a whole different story for some reason. It just drives me nuts.

Yeah don't risk it bro. How long you gon be out here?

Out for the week but for work. Not sure if i am going to have tons of time to shoot but coming from west coast time, I might shoot stuff super late at night. Wanted to hit up some rooftops but have no idea how to do that. Plus my girl is going and she doesn't want me to just shoot photos on this business trip. You know how that goes.

Out for the week but for work. Not sure if i am going to have tons of time to shoot but coming from west coast time, I might shoot stuff super late at night. Wanted to hit up some rooftops but have no idea how to do that. Plus my girl is going and she doesn't want me to just shoot photos on this business trip. You know how that goes.

Ah I feel you bro. Enjoy the trip. Hit the PM if you find free time

I go to a lot of events (mostly outdoors in the summers.....EDC, Electric Zoo, etc.) Its a hit or miss sometimes. A friend purchased a mirrorless camera for this very reason (I believe he has a Sony A6000).....Ill be doing Electric Zoo here in NY Labor Day weekend, and EDC Orlando...I plan on purchasing one just for those.

Last year I used a Canon SX170IS at these sorts of events....plus at this point last year, I had no idea what i was doing....some of the pics were over saturated, etc. Because I was using a P&S I overcompensated I suppose :rofl:

Stuff shot with an SX170 well before I purchased my first DSLR! by Michael Rios, on Flickr

#nyc #edm #plur #ezoo2014 by Michael Rios, on Flickr

#nyc #edm #plur #ezoo2014 by Michael Rios, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just doesn't look natural. Lighting looks all blue, over powered, pics come out blurry, etc. I have shot at dusk and at night and it's just so damn frustrating. I would think all you have to do is setup a flash on a stand and fire away but all my pics just look so damn horrible to the point where I just don't use them. The only time where I felt I had some control was shooting indoors in my small studio. I would use two flash off shoe and get some decent lighting on things. When I take them outside, it's like a whole different story for some reason. It just drives me nuts.

That's why I was skeptical about starting to use flash

My main reason for wanting to is because eventuallyi want to move over to shooting people one day.
I've been watching videos on single light portraits and that one light made a big difference and saves time adjusting in lightroom.

I take many pics of my sneakers and now that I remember we spoke on yongnuo flashes my pics would turn out a lot better with a better light source

flash photography is an art in itself. im trying to learn it myself. my best guess as far as getting your images blue is caused by two things... your flash power and white balance. if youre shooting at night the color will be cooler than mid day because flashes are supposed to be balanced for daylight.

Back
Top Bottom