The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Quick question guys , if you guys can chime in , I have the chance to get either camera just wanting to see which is better . Either the Nixon coolpix p90, or cannon powershot sx130 IS. Thanks for any help .

Quick question guys , if you guys can chime in , I have the chance to get either camera just wanting to see which is better . Either the Nixon coolpix p90, or cannon powershot sx130 IS. Thanks for any help .

the nikon seems to have the better specs though the canon can do hd video (720p), are you planning on buying one of these or would onf of these be given to you? i don't really know much of anything about either camera other than they are both largish point & shoot cameras, that being the case the step up in quality from smartphones is relatively small...you do get more dedicated controls & optical zoom but you also now have the larger camera to carry around for not much gain in image quality from the phone in your pocket.

the nikon seems to have the better specs though the canon can do hd video (720p), are you planning on buying one of these or would onf of these be given to you? i don't really know much of anything about either camera other than they are both largish point & shoot cameras, that being the case the step up in quality from smartphones is relatively small...you do get more dedicated controls & optical zoom but you also now have the larger camera to carry around for not much gain in image quality from the phone in your pocket.

Thanks for the info , Whichever one I choose will be free thanks to the lost and found at my work lol.

I haven't been shooting much lately, but I managed to open a studio.

isohigh.com

It's in Santa Rosa, a little out of reach for most but if you're around let me know and you can check it out. I might make it available for rental depending on the demand.

I haven't been shooting much lately, but I managed to open a studio.

isohigh.com

It's in Santa Rosa, a little out of reach for most but if you're around let me know and you can check it out. I might make it available for rental depending on the demand.
Repped for having the stones to leave college and commit to a passion. 

nthat.gif
 Studio looks great man. Best of luck

So about a month ago when I discovered this thread and got interested in this, I was thinking going all out for a DSLR, but lately it doesn't seem like it's necessary for me.

Could someone recommend me a good point a shoot option? Somewhere around $150-$200? Just want something to take higher quality shots than my phone whenever I'm walking the city or taking a couple sneaker shots or something like that.

I've always been a photoshop head but i got the lightroom trial yesterday and i'm amazed how easy it is to use!!!!!!

copping after my trial period.

Straightening the lens, proportions, and horizon levels with one click... :wow:

Anyways.. here's the shot.

So about a month ago when I discovered this thread and got interested in this, I was thinking going all out for a DSLR, but lately it doesn't seem like it's necessary for me.

Could someone recommend me a good point a shoot option? Somewhere around $150-$200? Just want something to take higher quality shots than my phone whenever I'm walking the city or taking a couple sneaker shots or something like that.

if you can bump up your budget to $250-$350 you can get a much better camera that will undoubtedly give you MUCH better image quality in a used sony rx100 ( a used mark/version 1) or even a sony nex-3n (this has interchangeable lenses but the body is pretty tiny, it is ever so slightly bigger than the rx100, though this is without a lens) and combine it with cheap, older manual lenses for a pretty compact setup for sub $300...otherwise, you might just be better off using your phone, most point & shoots in that price range aren't going to be that much better than your phone; you also could try buying/downloading a camera app that gives you more manual control over your smartphone camera?

randoms from the past few weeks:

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

here's lookin' at you by a0, on Flickr

walks in the pahhhhk by a0, on Flickr

wait for it... by a0, on Flickr

Last edited:

might as well just spend a tiny bit more and get an entry level DSLR. You can get one with a kit lens for under $350 brand new. Gonna be a lot better image quality than a point & shoot.

Last edited:
^^^^Tokina 11-16mm. Not only does it have a better aperture at f/2.8, it's only $400 right now. Get it at B&H cause it's free ship and no tax. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/882236-REG/Tokina_atx116prodxn_ii_AT_X_116_PRO_DX_II.html

Saw this review on the A7R2, Definitely a real advancement from the past A7's but still hardly perfect. As far as the autofocus, it performed insanely well in sunlight but it seemed almost impossible to do in indoor light. I find that somewhat a ball breaker but that is just me. Plus using 3rd party lenses hardly did well but when the Sony had a native lens, it did just as well as the Sony and Nikon. Overall if you love Sony and lenses, this thing is the thing to get.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom