The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Rolo.....have you ever had your sensor crap out yet? I've only done that on my D90 but I shot like a mad man with that. Lately I have been more gentle with my shooting.
Naw I haven't. I only have camera bodies for about 3 years but since I free lance, I get the latest camera bodies for free. The longest I had my camera body was my D700 for about 3 years. Still use it but not anymore, just sitting in my camera office area.

I would check every life span/shutter count before it dies out. The D90 is up to 100K clicks while most Full frame cameras are at 150-200K. My D700 is at 110K plus and still running strong.:smokin

I usually charge a flat rate for my services with a signed contract stating "I own all rights to a certain extent" etc. If they don't let you use their images, it's harder for you as the photographer to gain work for the future. I would explain your purpose.

That makes sense. Thanks

I think this is dope Fong!!!

Another attempt at product photography. Can't seem to not make it look like a cartoon. But shot this with gray background, red gel fill, 9 flash photos and took about 3 hours of photoshop. Can't believe it took this long to do and it doesn't look like much. Perhaps a mirror on the bottom would add a nice reflection to it.

cements-1.png

I think this is dope Fong!!!

Another attempt at product photography. Can't seem to not make it look like a cartoon. But shot this with gray background, red gel fill, 9 flash photos and took about 3 hours of photoshop. Can't believe it took this long to do and it doesn't look like much. Perhaps a mirror on the bottom would add a nice reflection to it.

cements-1.png

Yeah man don't trip. As far as product shots goes that's sick.

Love the blue tint on the bubble.

Hmm think I'm finally going to bite the bullet and buy my first DSLR camera and get into the game. Gonna touch up my knowledge this weekend and make a decision next week hopefully 

Hmm think I'm finally going to bite the bullet and buy my first DSLR camera and get into the game. Gonna touch up my knowledge this weekend and make a decision next week hopefully 
Not sure of your budget but I would look into the Sony A6000 or A6300. Gives you the ability to change lenses as well as small enough for travel good pricing as well.

Not sure of your budget but I would look into the Sony A6000 or A6300. Gives you the ability to change lenses as well as small enough for travel good pricing as well.
I was going to go for a Canon. But I'll look into that one. Did see that mentioned quite a few times in some posts

I was going to go for a Canon. But I'll look into that one. Did see that mentioned quite a few times in some posts

Once you commit to a brand its hard to make the change.....I toyed with going to Sony from Canon.....in the end I couldnt justify trying to move all my glass and accessories 2nd hand. I blew my entire tax return and then some upgrading my bodies (purchased a 70D, and OG 7D as a backup).....with the announcement of the 80d though...hmmmm....I may have to add a 5th body lol (already own a T5i, and SL1 in addition to those already stated)

If all goes well I'll be steppin' in the direction of gettin' my setup back. Getting a laptop (read: Surface Pro 2) next week if all goes well and start with a entry DSLR and work my way back up. I'm still hoping I can catch whoever stole my camera equipment and get my stuff back

Once you commit to a brand its hard to make the change.....I toyed with going to Sony from Canon.....in the end I couldnt justify trying to move all my glass and accessories 2nd hand. I blew my entire tax return and then some upgrading my bodies (purchased a 70D, and OG 7D as a backup).....with the announcement of the 80d though...hmmmm....I may have to add a 5th body lol (already own a T5i, and SL1 in addition to those already stated)
Yeah, I was thinking of a T5i or a t3i. Trying to find the best one for my money and one that will last me a long time until I get funds to get a new one (and get good enough to deserve a new one)

^ have you ever though about buying a used camera? There are some websites out there such as fredmiranda.com that has tons of product on it at really good prices. I pretty much buy everything used these days. It would allow you to get a nicer camera for a similar price (or get the same camera cheaper with extra money for a lens). I know my wife hates buying stuff used, but for me, I don't mind and it is a great way to buy more for less in my opinion.

Bought my 5d mk ii used :pimp:

bought my 85mm 1.8 used :pimp:

Im all about saving money when it makes sense.

I'll take a used canon full frame over any brand new rebel.

Last edited:
I've considered it. I'll see. Going to be doing some more research on sites this weekend. If I can find a good one then I'll bite the bullet

ddh1122 ddh1122

I have the a6000. I think it's a great camera. I would suggest it because you can always get adapters and have many more options for glass than going straight canon. Also did you look into Nikon?

@ddh1122

I have the a6000. I think it's a great camera. I would suggest it because you can always get adapters and have many more options for glass than going straight canon. Also did you look into Nikon?
I did at first but since then, I've been looking at more canons. The a6000 looks nice actually. Looked it up earlier tonight after the other guy mentioned it 

I wanted to get a dslr, It'll pretty much be my first camera. Any good recommendations for someone with no experience at all?

Back
Top Bottom