The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

70-200 arrived safe and sound.

Big day for me!

So excited I dont have to borrow one any more.

:pimp: :pimp:

70-200 arrived safe and sound.

Big day for me!

So excited I dont have to borrow one any more.

:pimp: :pimp:

It's...so...beautiful. Congrats!

A BMW M235i that I recently took pics of:

Last shot is crispy!

OG:

911 GT3RS by Mayank4585, on Flickr

OG:

Dual Exhaust by Mayank4585, on Flickr

OG:

Up to something by Mayank4585, on Flickr

Really like the way this one came out

OG:

Details by Mayank4585, on Flickr

:pimp: I never use my own work as my wallpaper but this one is just :smokin

Last edited:
I might sell off the 70-200 and get the 85L of i get 10% use out of it, it's a lot....the 85L is much nicer :\

I've heard so many great things about the 85L. I read somewhere that it was referred to as the Cream Maker :lol: ...for it's creamy bokeh.

I intend on adding that and the 24L to the lineup eventually. Although they say it's slow to focus.

Last edited:
I might sell off the 70-200 and get the 85L of i get 10% use out of it, it's a lot....the 85L is much nicer :\

If the 70-200 didn't provide so much versatility for me in my situation (i only personally own 50 and 85), i would be all over the 85L.

Thats down the road for me though.

Up next on my gear list is a canon flash + transmitter then probably the 24-70 2.8L II.

The 85 1.2L is one of the sexiest lenses ever though :frown:

I will own it one day.

Just found out that there is a Lightroom app for android while updating my apps. Haven't updated in over a year :lol:

Question:

For APS-C designed lenses, do you have to multiply the crop factor times the aperture or is that only for full frame glass being used in aps-c bodies? I know you have to multiply the crop factor times the focal length for both aps-c designed and full frame glass. Thanks.

Question:

For APS-C designed lenses, do you have to multiply the crop factor times the aperture or is that only for full frame glass being used in aps-c bodies? I know you have to multiply the crop factor times the focal length for both aps-c designed and full frame glass. Thanks.

U multiply focal length and aperture on full frame and APS-C lenses.

The build of the lens doesn't change the build of the sensor in your camera.

Lens info from the manufactures are very deceptive about this in their marketing.

Last edited:
Question:

Yep, you do that as well.

f/1.4 will be equivalent to a f/2.1 on a full frame if you have a 1.5x crop factor.

I just bought a canon eos rebel. What do yous think is a good backpack type bag to get? One that is waterproof. Thanks

Last edited:
[thread="223538"] [/thread]

What software do you use to post process? Any tips for beginners? TIA

Everything is done in Lightroom. I'll use ps once in a while. Honestly best advice I can give you is youtube. There are so many tutorials out there that I would just dive into it. Play around in Lightroom a lot and just go from there. I know that's very vague but editing every picture is differen, no two pictures will call for the same settings.

Instagram: Theclimax_

I like to dabble in Sports & Memorabilia photography.

Any tips or feedback, critique is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom