The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

d7100 is often referred to as the best nikon camera for the value.

pair it with the 50mm 1.8g and u have yourself a very solid setup.

i started with d7000 + 2 kit lenses + 50mm 1.8
My D7100 was stolen from me around this time last year so it'd be interesting to get it again lol (at half what I paid for it tho smh)

It would come with 3 batteries, a 70-300mm lens and a 35-80mm lens so I'm hoping wifey signs my permission slip for it lol

Finished up a couples/family shoot last night.

A handfull of my favs.

They were a little over 30 minutes late to their 1hr session... :x :x :x

My man was FINISHED taking photos :rofl: :rofl:

Good pics

Do you take deposits from your clients? Or just pray they show up

for weddings, they have to put down a deposit to book the date.

If i charged a lot for portrait sessions, I probably would... but I dont so I dont.

Since its super on the side and very cheap, I pretty much give the option to the client... most people pay right when they show up... i haven't been stiffed yet.

A hand full of folks pay up front in in.

I had a bride pay in full for her wedding last week.... we haven't even met yet :wow: :wow:

--

and thanks!!! We could have had much better pics if we had more than 23.5 minutes to shoot :rofl:

sucks...

Last edited:
I remember when I was designing business cards I was 1 for 3 on people actually paying for what I created. So far I haven't been stiffed for photography either but I have a feeling when I get back into it I will require it because I'm likely to want to have props for some of my shoots

Tempted to buy some easter stuff because I know next year people will want some easter pics and they'll come in handy. Also considered going to michaels and buying stuff but being extra careful with it and returning it after a shoot lol

I remember when I was designing business cards I was 1 for 3 on people actually paying for what I created. So far I haven't been stiffed for photography either but I have a feeling when I get back into it I will require it because I'm likely to want to have props for some of my shoots

Tempted to buy some easter stuff because I know next year people will want some easter pics and they'll come in handy. Also considered going to michaels and buying stuff but being extra careful with it and returning it after a shoot lol

I prefer lifestyle shooting where if the client wants props they bring them.

Otherwise im scared all my pics will have all the same props / i'll have to keep buying them.

Plus I dont have the room to store a bunch of props in my apartment :lol:

That's why you just keep the receipts lol

Anybody have any experience with macro extensions? If I get this camera I'll be looking to get some extensions soon after

That's why you just keep the receipts lol

Anybody have any experience with macro extensions? If I get this camera I'll be looking to get some extensions soon after

I bought some cheap extension tubes back in the day and hated it. I will probably just get a used Canon 100mm macro lens. I lost so much clarity and sharpness with the tubes, just a heads up.

I bought some cheap extension tubes back in the day and hated it. I will probably just get a used Canon 100mm macro lens. I lost so much clarity and sharpness with the tubes, just a heads up.

This is why I asked. Got what I wanted thanks man
Yea so with 3 batteries and those two lenses all I need next is a speedlight kit and a battery grip. But they'll come later. Should have it mid next week glad to be close to back in action

RIP to my Yongnuo YN-560II...It will be dearly missed...

Wind blew over my Rapidbox and a few pieces didn't make it...

Guess it's time to upgrade.

How high was the drop?

About six feet haha. Fastener on the cold shoe for my Rapidbox broke off. No fun.

About six feet haha. Fastener on the cold shoe for my Rapidbox broke off. No fun.

I'll consider myself lucky mine dropped. Had a shoot at night top level of A parking garage when the wind blew and it just it just took the umbrella with it it fell over my umbrella in a break and I was a little pissed about that but long as my flash was still working I was fine

Unless you are using that macro to shoot bugs, I don't see what a macro lense can do that some ext tubes can't....I had the 100L and while it was nice, for the amount of times I actually shoot macro (only really ring shots and baby body details like toes, eyelashes, etc) a macro lense wasn't worth it, bought some ext and they get the job done

Can't say much sharpness or quality was lost, as a lot of sharpness can be added on PP...

another non serious photo i edited for practice. i was just messing with a video light i have and took a picture. decided to edit for practice. what can i improve on edit wise? just know im not trying to go for a specific style or to be unique. im just editing the photo to make it look right . heres a before and after

before

after

WHAT DO YOU GUYS SUGGEST IS A GOOD WAY TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF SHOOTING? i need a side hustle and considering i like using my camera anyway why not use it to make some good money

WHAT DO YOU GUYS SUGGEST IS A GOOD WAY TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF SHOOTING? i need a side hustle and considering i like using my camera anyway why not use it to make some good money

Being passionate and consistent about it will allow you to make money.

Opportunities will come up as people see your work and as you showcase your work.

If its obvious you're in it for the money, people will sense it as this is an art.

Passion first, income later.

Back
Top Bottom