The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

@Nawzlew Thought so. Seems like more people are suggesting using these type of programs but there's so much stuff on YT and other resources you can use imo

I think those classes only teach you how certain things work.

In terms of application and editing, there's no "right way" to do it.

Interested in getting my first budget (manual) flash that works for both my A6000/A7 and 550D system. Thinking about getting a Yongnuo YN560 IV, RF-603C-II, and the Meking Hot Shoe Adapter HC511 (Canon). Don't know if I need Yongnuo 560-TX as well. Just confused on what to buy, in regards to triggers, shoe adapter for the Sony to Canon flash mount, and if there are different versions of the Yongnou in terms of flash mounts or if it is universal. Really want to get something with decent quality without breaking the bank that works for both systems. Thanks.

Couple random photos from the past few weeks follow me on IG @rawrdough I'll follow you guys back!

Last edited:
All those SF shots are so dope.

I wish SF was looking half as awesome when i went a couple days ago :rofl:

Hopefully i get another opportunity to get out there and shoot again soon

SouthCityDon - What lens are you shooting with anyways? You must have a pretty long one (pause) to get some of those shots.

Seems crazy but I might be looking into a zoom lens soon since I am such a prime guy. I got a photo pass to shoot 5th Harmony over the weekend and got no kind of shots so whatever. I only had my 50 and from the below stage, things just looked so bad from that angle. I even got to shoot on stage cause my homeboy's son performed but shooting a fix lens is just so damn difficult. Shoutout to the NTer I met there as well. Random to meet you only to find out later you were the guy that posted photos on The Hundreds.

Also in regards to backpacks, get a sling if your gear is light but get a backpack if you are hauling a lot of stuff. I got both and both can be pros and cons. Backpack never gave me any issues as far as back and shoulder pains. Carrying 3 lenses and a tripod on a small bag can be taxing but I do love slings cause you can grab your camera out asap as apposed to the backpack. Just get both imo.

24-70 is on the cam 95% of the time...for the rest, it's the 70-200.

Thinking about selling some of my other lenses to get that 14-24.

SouthCityDon - What lens are you shooting with anyways? You must have a pretty long one (pause) to get some of those shots.

Seems crazy but I might be looking into a zoom lens soon since I am such a prime guy. I got a photo pass to shoot 5th Harmony over the weekend and got no kind of shots so whatever. I only had my 50 and from the below stage, things just looked so bad from that angle. I even got to shoot on stage cause my homeboy's son performed but shooting a fix lens is just so damn difficult. Shoutout to the NTer I met there as well. Random to meet you only to find out later you were the guy that posted photos on The Hundreds.

Also in regards to backpacks, get a sling if your gear is light but get a backpack if you are hauling a lot of stuff. I got both and both can be pros and cons. Backpack never gave me any issues as far as back and shoulder pains. Carrying 3 lenses and a tripod on a small bag can be taxing but I do love slings cause you can grab your camera out asap as apposed to the backpack. Just get both imo.

fongstarr, do you go in with a list of shots you want to try to get?

i've never rocked with any specific photo bags, i don't imagine i ever will...i'm a savage with my gear, i just toss my stuff in my regular backpack(s), and my pocket game is lit...

sigma sucks

really the stuff i've been reading about the their art series of lenses seem like they are great performers?

from a past roadtrips

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

memorial day in boston

i've never rocked with any specific photo bags, i don't imagine i ever will...i'm a savage with my gear, i just toss my stuff in my regular backpack(s), and my pocket game is lit...
really the stuff i've been reading about the their art series of lenses seem like they are great performers?

You mean like plan my shoots? I'd lie if I said I didn't but I'd say it is a 70/30 type thing. Most of the time, I just bring all of my gear and plan it at the spot. I wear my sling if I am in the city but if I have a car, I bring my large Incase and bring it all.

On a sad note, I dropped my Tamron over the weekend. It was a total freak accident and I have no idea what happened but I had it on a table, i turned around and literally it was on the ground and it chipped. I just sent it to Tamron to get to fixed. Can anyone make a educated guess on how expensive it could cost? Thankfully it's just the hood and not the glass.

sigma sucks

from a past roadtrips

I've heard good things about the art lenses as well. But i'd rather just get the canon version of every art lens they offer.

I just cant justify the price sigma is asking for their art lenses. :wow:

The only prime I shoot right now is the canon 85mm 1.8 and I freaking love it. Got it under $300 at that :lol:

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've posted... I recently got a new body (D750) & some new glass (Tamron 15-30mm, Nikon 24-120mm, Sigma 50mm art, Nikon 135mm F2 DC). Here are some shots from each.

Tamron 15-30mm:

Arkansas State Capitol Building by Curtis "Rod" Grider, on Flickr

Nikon 24-120mm:

A couple of replicas... by Curtis "Rod" Grider, on Flickr

Sigma 50mm art:

Graduates w/ Honors by Curtis "Rod" Grider, on Flickr

CJG_0436 by Curtis "Rod" Grider, on Flickr

Nikon 135mm F2 DC:

The Graduate by Curtis "Rod" Grider, on Flickr

Last edited:
About sigma lenses,
I just bought the 35mm 1.4 Art last week and its kinda love and hate story

The love : SHARP, SO GOOD, FAST AF, you name it
Hate : inconsistent, not always giving the right picture, because the front focus/autofocus issues. but i drop them at sigma service centre today, and they say they will fix it soon. lets see how it comes out next week, will it be better or still the same
If its better then i think there is no hate for this lens :D
All love :D

Do you own the Sigma USB Dock? It's sitting in my Amazon cart now... I'll probably order it soon. Apparently, you don't want the lens without the dock.

Do you own the Sigma USB Dock? It's sitting in my Amazon cart now... I'll probably order it soon. Apparently, you don't want the lens without the dock.
nope i dont use the Sigma USB Dock, but thats the reason that im dropping my lens + body to their service centre, for them to calibrate the lens with my body,
tbh i dont think i will spend 50-60$ for a one time use of the dock. but if you have some focus problem with the lens, i think that dock is the only way to fix it.

Some decent pic from the lense using F9.0 :
Infinite by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom