The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

went to bkk for a weekend trip. Visited Siam Discovery and it was probably one of the coolest retail set ups ive ever walked through.

27554668191_3232145c86_c.jpg

27370040610_2ea9cddea0_c.jpg

27539759512_137c2d4a77_c.jpg

Yo man I love your post editing and the way your photos turn out! What's your process? 

I have a question

When you go rent a lens, the price of said lens (let's say $800) is that like the insurance if you break it or lose it? Do they hold that money while you're renting it or is that like a disclaimer IF you do lose it that's how much they'll take from your CC.

I have a question

When you go rent a lens, the price of said lens (let's say $800) is that like the insurance if you break it or lose it? Do they hold that money while you're renting it or is that like a disclaimer IF you do lose it that's how much they'll take from your CC.

Depends on who you're renting from. My local shop puts a hold on the price of the lens. If something happens, they keep the money pretty much.

I have a question

some places have an insurance cost added to the rental price such that if something happens to the lens you dont pay the entire amount to fix it. just a partial. at least that is how borrowlenses.com works.

Depends on who you're renting from. My local shop puts a hold on the price of the lens. If something happens, they keep the money pretty much.

some places have an insurance cost added to the rental price such that if something happens to the lens you dont pay the entire amount to fix it. just a partial. at least that is how borrowlenses.com works.

Got it thanks.

This is what I mean

Not taken anything with my new camera yet. New tripod arrived yesterday though - super solid. It's a whole lot heavier than my old one but it feels really good.

Found this the other day that I took almost 9 years ago. I always liked it - there's nothing in the exif so I think I used my ancient 50mm prime - manual everything. I like the sort of vintage feel it gives to the colors.

I'm addicted to printing now :x

Got like 22 prints done so far :x :x :x :x

Who do you print with?

I've printed with shutterfly once and didnt care for the quality... The envelope did not specify not to bend and it was shoved in my mailbox :x

I've gotten the majority of my prints done w/ adorama pix. Package is always left flat and no quality issues with delivery. They also do free reprints if something does go south.

Do you meet w/ brides in person? You don't show printed work?!?!?!? :wow:

I bring a photo book i had created w/ 3 weddings in it and brides just MELT :pimp:

Legit had a bride tugging on her man's (pause) sleeve saying "LOOK AT THIS, WE NEED TO HIRE HIM"

such a good feeling

I've printed with shutterfly once and didnt care for the quality... The envelope did not specify not to bend and it was shoved in my mailbox :x

I've gotten the majority of my prints done w/ adorama pix. Package is always left flat and no quality issues with delivery. They also do free reprints if something does go south.

I bring a photo book i had created w/ 3 weddings in it and brides just MELT :pimp:

Legit had a bride tugging on her man's (pause) sleeve saying "LOOK AT THIS, WE NEED TO HIRE HIM"

such a good feeling

I show printed work; I was just wondering if you knew of a spot that I didn't. I have a local lab that I like to use, but they're pricey :x

What I meant by not having any of my work printed was that I haven't printed anything to put up around the house.

Last edited:

such a good feeling

I show printed work; I was just wondering if you knew of a spot that I didn't. I have a local lab that I like to use, but they're pricey :x

What I meant by not having any of my work printed was that I haven't printed anything to put up around the house.

Ah, makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom