The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

djyoung08 djyoung08

Hey do you have any tips on getting consistent edits? For example one picture isnt brighter then another. Not exposure wise but a picture as a whole so that if someone is viewing multiple pictures they are all similar and don't look off. I see a lot of people get great results with filters but I'm manually editing in lightroom. I have a work flow down, but now I'm trying to make each picture have consistent results
The Match Total Exposure option in the Settings dropdown.

Before and after from today, going to have to go back because the sun was on the opposite side so all the shots are underexposed :smh:

width

width

back stateside visiting before heading out again at the end of the month. dont have a car so its been a bit of drag, especially in the suburbs of texas where everything is spread out. haven't gone out to shoot much of anything but i have friends visiting town later this week. hopefully will be able to capture some stuff during that time while hanging out. a dump from a couple weeks ago

27870157491_5eee1f0d00_c.jpg
27913140446_8f1e57d568_c.jpg
27704342480_d9ceeb77a8_c.jpg
27704364090_2838518ab6_c.jpg
27598455760_5d764223af_c.jpg
27863871346_e2aa65a6a3_c.jpg
27841980136_8a7c3bed57_c.jpg
27983569525_00742c3bf1_c.jpg

Last edited:
djyoung08 djyoung08

Hey do you have any tips on getting consistent edits? For example one picture isnt brighter then another. Not exposure wise but a picture as a whole so that if someone is viewing multiple pictures they are all similar and don't look off. I see a lot of people get great results with filters but I'm manually editing in lightroom. I have a work flow down, but now I'm trying to make each picture have consistent results

If you get an image to your liking, you can use "sync settings" in lightroom across the images you have selected. it saves me a lot of time.

You from around here too? Lol small world.

Oh nah, just visiting lol. From MD/DC but I live in SD now.

yup. were you there? :lol:

Yeah :lol: . My wife grew up with the bride. We were in the back with the baby, I believe right in front of your assistant. She showed me the photos yesterday, and I was like "that name sounds familiar. Wait, I've seen that site somewhere."

Dang what a small world. :wow:

If you and your family are ever in the area, feel free to hit me up for photos.

I hit you with a follow on your ig page :pimp:

Respect to this thread. Love the knowledge sharing. Before I stuck to /p/, but it's ... well... it's own culture.

DJ thanks for the tips. Love the Instagram stuff I've already seen come across.

Re: the double exposure I posted... that's an effect I used via Nik Analog Pro 2, but it could easily be done in photoshop. Just stack two photos, move one over, top layer opacity like 50-60%

That little kid boxing event in Alaska is DOPE. Dude I could see that in a big time magazine. That workshop sounds cool @astronout

Same kid, same shoot. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Respect to this thread. Love the knowledge sharing. Same kid, same shoot. Thoughts?

Those are nice photos. The broski in the pictures is a very photogenic person as well, which helps. The indentation on the second photo in the concrete in the background bothers me. It is rather distracting, and, in my opinion, does not add anything to the photo.

Back
Top Bottom