The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Stockholm

Copenhagen

Amsterdam

Were these shot with a 5dmk3?

Sick shot Fong$tarr Fong$tarr ! You getting into more surf shots?

Actually it's supposed to rain in Half Moon Bay area this week and my friend that owns the 300mm f/2.8 asked me if I wanted to go shoot again. It's fun enough. Just wish I owned this lens but honestly I doubt I'd ever really use it. I used it with the 1.4X extender and got a good range out there. Waves are supposed to be 8-10 feet this weekend but all overcast which make for a different shot than what I posted.

I just saw your like. I added you up. Good stuff.

Actually it's supposed to rain in Half Moon Bay area this week and my friend that owns the 300mm f/2.8 asked me if I wanted to go shoot again. It's fun enough. Just wish I owned this lens but honestly I doubt I'd ever really use it. I used it with the 1.4X extender and got a good range out there. Waves are supposed to be 8-10 feet this weekend but all overcast which make for a different shot than what I posted.

I just saw your like. I added you up. Good stuff.

Thanks man! I need to post in here more often.

I just got a 300mm f/4.6 to get more reach and eager to test it out once this flat spell ends in Florida haha. Would love to see Half Moon Bay!

^^^^Nice. I almost had a chance to get the 300mm f/4L for $500. Didn't think it was worth it at the time but in retrospect, I perhaps should have gotten it. The only thing I don't like is if you put an extender on it, the aperture will be some bogus number like f/8 but then I don't really think I need a 2X extender anyways. I think with a 1.4X extender, it comes to 420mm f/5.6 which is a good sweet spot for surfing. I found anyways that a 300mm is a good focal length unless the waves are out away from the coastline.

Just bough a Canon 6D, saw a used one at a great price and bit. Need to pick up 24-105/4L and 17-40/4L for a budget travel setup. The A6000 with the aps-c sensor was not cutting it indoors and the zooms are bloody expensive for the FE lenses.

Also picked up a Kiron 105/2.8 Macro for food photography for my A7 but it is bloody heavy :smh:.

EDIT: Thoughts on the 24-105/4L (mark 1) and the 17/40L as a travel setup with 50 STM?

Last edited:
Just bough a Canon 6D, saw a used one at a great price and bit. Need to pick up 24-105/4L and 17-40/4L for a budget travel setup. The A6000 with the aps-c sensor was not cutting it indoors and the zooms are bloody expensive for the FE lenses.

Also picked up a Kiron 105/2.8 Macro for food photography for my A7 but it is bloody heavy :smh:.

EDIT: Thoughts on the 24-105/4L (mark 1) and the 17/40L as a travel setup with 50 STM?

not sure about 50 stm on 6d. does 6d use the new stm technology? if so it should work fine, but i heard those break easier then the previous models. i havent tried the other lenses so i have no say

I've been thinking about picking up a 50mm STM. The AF on my II has been iffy for a while.

Last edited:
@Fongstarr Yea I was shooting through a window. Windows were fairly clean, just some water spots here and there. Very cool experience though, I need to go again because the 360 degree views are just insane.

Last edited:
My pre order 135 1.8 ART got listed as back ordered today.... :stoneface:

But i was still able to do some editing w/ a shot taken on one.. used Jared Polin's test shot w/ permission :pimp:

What's your editing workflow like? Mind posting up the originals before the edit? These look oversaturated to me.

I just began editing some pictures I took from my trip in europe. which is why I posted here so I could get some advice.

+ dont upload through NT.

upload on flickr or imgur or something so it retains the quality.
thank you, I appreciate that

Last edited:
What's your editing workflow like? Mind posting up the originals before the edit? These look oversaturated to me.

I just began editing some pictures I took from my trip in europe. which is why I posted here so I could get some advice.

+ dont upload through NT.

upload on flickr or imgur or something so it retains the quality.
thank you, I appreciate that

I'm curious to see the originals so when you post them on imgur/flickr could you post a link?

My advice, watch some youtube videos on how to edit landscapes or other photos and go from there. Of course everyone has their own workflow/style of editing. djyoung08 djyoung08 even has great videos on how to use lightroom, check them out! When you are editing go easy on the clarity in lightroom, many people in the beginning tend to go for that HDR effect (I'm guilty of this when I first started taking photos also) but it looks tacky after a while.

This is just one of a zillion videos out there. There is no specific reason why I chose this one over the others.

Last edited:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2905/33058265624_e52cc477a8_z.jpg

[img]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2946/33772102651_18e7c87a7b_z.jpg

[img]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2829/33860544456_02abecaab7_z.jpg

[img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3927/33516503720_0ca95cbdb6_z.jpg

[img]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2821/33901329895_acbebebe5d_m.jpg

[img]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2845/33860514636_4868c86399_z.jpg

I'm curious to see the originals so when you post them on imgur/flickr could you post a link?

My advice, watch some youtube videos on how to edit landscapes or other photos and go from there. Of course everyone has their own workflow/style of editing. djyoung08 djyoung08 even has great videos on how to use lightroom, check them out! When you are editing go easy on the clarity in lightroom, many people in the beginning tend to go for that HDR effect (I'm guilty of this when I first started taking photos also) but it looks tacky after a while.

This is just one of a zillion videos out there. There is no specific reason why I chose this one over the others.

I appreciate the advice. I agree, it's all a learning curve and I'm willing to go through failures so that i can get better.

Back
Top Bottom