The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

So that engagement shoot I was talking about wasn't that bad after all. Overall I got a lot of shots I'm really happy with but now I have a better idea of what to look for when doing this type of shoot.

Here's a couple of my favorites, of course they look better at full res:

Hello everyone.

I'm new to photography, and thinking of purchasing the Sony a6000 in the next few days. Any suggestions on a great entry level lens? One that can be universal to take shots downtown Seattle, wildlife and maybe beach shots of my son in Hawaii (in Sept). if I get into it a bit more i'll add on in the future.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Good stuff from everyone up there. Everyone seems out and about killing it.

So seriously.....where in the heck is this place on Mt Tam? I want my fog photo fix in but I don't even know how to get to this place.

34898763585_b903fcc0ea_b.jpg

Not even gonna pretend I'm not bitter about missing out on these fog photos all summer 
laugh.gif
 this should help a little though

Pro tip - if you're out there on a foggy morning around sunrise, drive all the way through the hills til you get to the forest. You'll get some insane light rays coming down through the trees.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

I'm new to photography, and thinking of purchasing the Sony a6000 in the next few days. Any suggestions on a great entry level lens? One that can be universal to take shots downtown Seattle, wildlife and maybe beach shots of my son in Hawaii (in Sept). if I get into it a bit more i'll add on in the future.

Thanks everyone.

Not even gonna pretend I'm not bitter about missing out on these fog photos all summer :lol:  this should help a little though

Pro tip - if you're out there on a foggy morning around sunrise, drive all the way through the hills til you get to the forest. You'll get some insane light rays coming down through the trees.

Hell yeah man. Thanks!

^Any time! Also forgot to mention - the gate to the rolling hills opens at 9am. You can park at the fork and hike out, but you can't drive through until they open it up.

Hello everyone.

Thanks everyone.
definitely get the 35mm 1.8 OS lens

Anyone in here recommend the Canon 35mm 1.4 L ii lens? Going to test it out in the next following weeks. Trying to find an every day lens for photo shoots

Anyone in here recommend the Canon 35mm 1.4 L ii lens? Going to test it out in the next following weeks. Trying to find an every day lens for photo shoots

You may want to consider a 24-70.

Canon 24-70mm 2.8L II: http://amzn.to/2qcNG1m

Canon 35mm 1.4L II is for sure a beast. It is definitely on my list of desired lenses but because of the cost involved with this equipment, I had to stick with what I needed first rather than getting everything I want. I love my 24-70 and Im glad i got high end zooms before I started getting primes.

Been shopping around for a new camera. Currently only have a Ricoh-GR and have my eyes on the Fuji x100f. Any recommendations on where to purchase or comparable cameras?

Been shopping around for a new camera. Currently only have a Ricoh-GR and have my eyes on the Fuji x100f. Any recommendations on where to purchase or comparable cameras?

I purchase like 99% of my gear off amazon

Fujifilm X100F
http://amzn.to/2rFlada

I use the amazon prime card and get 5% cash back :pimp:

ish adds up fast... i have over 300$ stacked up :rofl:

^

Same...hell, I buy pretty much everything except groceries on Amazon 
laugh.gif

Those rewards add up quick. I pretty much only buy camera gear when I can cover it with points. Got my Mavic for "free" like that

^
Same...hell, I buy pretty much everything except groceries on Amazon :lol:

Those rewards add up quick. I pretty much only buy camera gear when I can cover it with points. Got my Mavic for "free" like that

Yup.. when i checked my statement this past month i was like :wow:

i just bought 2 flashes, stands, and adapters the other day, too.

Come holiday time im gonna be cooking w/ these reward points :lol:

Nikon just announced these lenses. Good for all the Nikon users that want some wide angle lens offerings.

New-Nikon-wide-angle-Nikkor-lenses-pre-order.jpg

You may want to consider a 24-70.

Canon 24-70mm 2.8L II: http://amzn.to/2qcNG1m

Canon 35mm 1.4L II is for sure a beast. It is definitely on my list of desired lenses but because of the cost involved with this equipment, I had to stick with what I needed first rather than getting everything I want. I love my 24-70 and Im glad i got high end zooms before I started getting primes.

Co-sign on this. The 24-70 is so versatile and the IQ is top notch. I'd grab the zoom and scoop up some primes down the road as the 35 1.4 II is fantastic as are most Canon primes.

Back
Top Bottom