The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Here are some of the best pictures I seen thus far.

20933965_971817202960667_8177758767015343450_o.jpg
20914764_1352950011484696_320821946824080407_n.jpg
20915522_1874950335853521_1708687226111643181_n.jpg
20933841_1467607113275886_156531656886539763_o.jpg

^^^FYI, those umbrellas will break easily. I've used mine outdoors in semi windy conditions (which is dumb) and even sand bagged them and they've fallen both the ones I have literally demolished upon landing. I still use them broken but they are so unbelievably cheap. I think as long as you are indoors, you should be fine but some of the boxed gear can be troublesome in outdoor conditions.

^^^^It should but honestly I have never used top dollar tripods before. I have one tripod from Manfroto that is better than the box set I got and the legs are better but with the umbrella on, it still tipped over when I shot outside. The worst case scenario is having your speedlites on the tripod and breaking when they fall. Softboxes are the way to go but they can just be a tad more expensive but at least when you have them zipped up around a flash, it should help if the tripod was to ever fall.

The box set are good though if this is your first time shooting flash but with almost everything in photography, you will probably upgrade in getting better gear making cost add up even more.

I've shot with flash before. With a speedlight only on camera or on the lil stands that come in their boxes. And I've used continuous light before but that was ages ago and only indoor.

I plan on shooting outdoor soon so I'm trying to get something that works well enough and over time like you said upgrade to more stable options. Gonna look at softboxes now

No tripod is going to work well with an umbrella on it - any breeze will blow it over. I think the best solution would be to peg down the legs.

^^^^Yeah, that's true. Probably why people have to constantly use an assistance for stuff like that. It just makes things easier and more reliable for your equipment.

Got bored with the eclipse today and ended stopping during the first half. Could have left my cam in my backyard on timer but didn't want to chance somebody hoppin' my fence for it

rode down to missouri from the chi to see the eclipse in totality...it was pretty dope, didn't really have the energy after the long ride to make the hike up this small mountain, made it about 4/5ths of the way up & was running on fumes but some folks helped me out getting to the top...made it just in time to see it with only a few minutes to spare, i was so spent i couldn't even set up and only mustered up enough energy to grab a bunch mostly out of focus frames just after totality...it was awesome though, the location was pretty ill & it was partially cloudy which gave the 360 sunset (wild to see those colors in every direction!) an eerily muted tone, to actually be there was definitely an experience i'd go out of my way to do again if i have the time...
IMG_5494.JPG

Hey guys! I've recently just got into taking photography. Always loved taking pics but never considered DSLR shooting until now. Still a lot to learn but I'm having so much fun with it. Hope to learn a bit more from you guys as well.

Train York (1 of 1).jpg

Read a few details about the D850 and for "only" $3k for the body that's my next photography gear goal by end of 2018

I was not expecting <$3k. Thought it was gonna be double the price. Fairly cheap for the amount of talent and potential

I love how companies have found a way to make a product that is still different than what is out. I think the D850 is great and just totally kills the 5D Mark 4. Like I love my 5D Mark 3 but wished it had a higher megapixel count, better focus, flip screen and better burst mode. Can't believe Nikon was the camera to make this. I don't even mind the size of an DSLR as long as the specs are up to snuff with what is out. I secretly still love Nikon even though I am too invested in Canon now but the D850 is a solid body.

Man my camera has been sitting in its bag for so long I had to nearly force myself to take it out to snap some family pics this past weekend. I do enjoy using it but 99.999% of my pics I'm ok with using my phone. Maybe a new lens will liven things up a bit

Finally....Canon upgrading on the 85mm.

Canon-EF-85-mm-F-1.4-L-IS-USM-lens.jpg

Canon EF 85 mm f/1.4 L IS USM lens
  • Lens construction: 10 groups 14 pieces (1 aspherical lens)
  • Coating: ASC, fluorine coating
  • Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (circular diaphragm)
  • Shortest shooting distance: 85 cm
  • Maximum shooting magnification: 0.12 times
  • Filter diameter: 77 mm
  • Maximum diameter × length: φ88.6 × 105.4 mm
  • Weight: Approximately 950 g
  • Image stabilization effect: about 4 steps
  • Ring type USM

Read more: https://photorumors.com/#ixzz4qhzjHIkW

Back
Top Bottom