The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

whoa, some interesting stuff going on in the photography thread.
What happened to the DJYoung guy. he was posting on here a lot then just vanished?

43997442462_5bde749b00_k.jpg

No but I know the D850 is pretty much the best full frame "DSLR" in the market right now. It's gotten so much praise and especially over the 5D Mark 4. There is now way I would ever go Nikon again but if I was starting over, I would have picked Nikon if I knew the D850 was going to be released in the market.
I understand. I dont know what was the thought process for the 5DIII or IV. Is like they just fell behind both Nikon and Sony. I have faith the V is going to be a beast. Maybe wishful thinking.

How's the difference been on the switch to the D850? I don't know if I am just seeing things but I can already see the difference in the high pixel count. Things just look cleaner even after you condense a photo down for web use. I really hope that is my next move.

man...bouncin up to the 850 from the 700 has been nuts. still tryin to learn all the ins and outs of this one, but it's dope.

50539CC9-3DF4-4C1F-A55F-74B6683DFE9C.jpeg
7A771908-AC8B-4840-8920-32ABA3D483CB.jpeg
My baby came in! I was out of a main camera body for 2 whole weeks after shipping back my GH5.

Anyway the 7Riii is everything I could ask for and more. This and the D850 are neck and neck for the best overall cameras on the market.

Got here just in time for me to conduct the video campaign for one of the Texas politician in the Houston area.

On a photo and video shoot of a Corporate Real Estate property yesterday. I use the Ronin S for the vid and a tripod for my photos. This is a pre-edited screenshot from my computer BTW not full quality.
5AC3D83F-7CE2-46AA-A7AC-0A85EC8E0EAC.jpeg
B2EA4B58-5C24-4A5C-9DE5-03EB2356BFA9.jpeg

Ok so I decided to take my 50mm out and practice with it pretty much just understand it more and came across some roadblocks. Hoping you guys can help me on this one because I can potentially see myself shooting a lot with this lens.

I find myself manually adjusting my lens way too many times than I think what I'm supposed to. I'm trying to just kind of shoot as much as I can without doing so much adjusting. Tried keeping ISO at 100 but then I noticed that I need to bump it up or bump it down constantly based on where I am at. Through the viewfinder an image might look great but then after taking the image it either comes out dark/bright based on ISO or it looks much more blurrier than what I saw in the viewfinder. I just wanna be able to shoot 1000 pics with this lens and not worry about so much adjusting yet still get some quality background blurs etc.

What if I'm shooting a local baseball game with this lens where there is nonstop action kids running etc etc. Do I literally need to adjust and readjust my settings as often as I did today?

Ok so I decided to take my 50mm out and practice with it pretty much just understand it more and came across some roadblocks. Hoping you guys can help me on this one because I can potentially see myself shooting a lot with this lens.

I find myself manually adjusting my lens way too many times than I think what I'm supposed to. I'm trying to just kind of shoot as much as I can without doing so much adjusting. Tried keeping ISO at 100 but then I noticed that I need to bump it up or bump it down constantly based on where I am at. Through the viewfinder an image might look great but then after taking the image it either comes out dark/bright based on ISO or it looks much more blurrier than what I saw in the viewfinder. I just wanna be able to shoot 1000 pics with this lens and not worry about so much adjusting yet still get some quality background blurs etc.

What if I'm shooting a local baseball game with this lens where there is nonstop action kids running etc etc. Do I literally need to adjust and readjust my settings as often as I did today?

the short answer is no, you should be able to shoot in either aperture priority or shutter/time priority (not sure how these modes are displayed on your specific camera) and auto iso, which will lessen the amount of adjustments you will have to make...

the long answer, if you really want to get familiar with shooting on a DSLR with an optical viewfinder (mirrorless cameras don't have this particular issue because of the electronic viewfinder that displays what the image sensor will capture in real-time) is yes you will often have to adjust (even in some of the aforementioned 'auto' modes above) to the different photographic circumstances that come with changing availability of light, the amount of depth of field you want, and the amount of motion you want in the image. you will have to know your camera enough to figure out the relationship between what you see thru the optical viewfinder and the what the camera is seeing...so there will be, as a matter of necessity, much trial and error

the short answer is no, you should be able to shoot in either aperture priority or shutter/time priority (not sure how these modes are displayed on your specific camera) and auto iso, which will lessen the amount of adjustments you will have to make...

the long answer, if you really want to get familiar with shooting on a DSLR with an optical viewfinder (mirrorless cameras don't have this particular issue because of the electronic viewfinder that displays what the image sensor will capture in real-time) is yes you will often have to adjust (even in some of the aforementioned 'auto' modes above) to the different photographic circumstances that come with changing availability of light, the amount of depth of field you want, and the amount of motion you want in the image. you will have to know your camera enough to figure out the relationship between what you see thru the optical viewfinder and the what the camera is seeing...so there will be, as a matter of necessity, much trial and error

Dope response Tokes

Anyone heard of Abe's electronic center? they currently have a certified refurb D750 for $1220, didn't know if i should trust buying from them or not and saving money. Amazon product ASIN B01G7QV56S

Abe's has consistently low prices. Respected in the camera industry though without having the name cachet of the B&Hs and Adoramas of the world. https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/abes-of-maine.html
Had me nervous there for a sec lol, I thought you mentioned one of the best kept secrets in the online camera industry lol.

Z-SONY-RX1RM2-FRONTRIGHTEVF.jpg
wingtraone_rx1_mount.png

So I just
recently ordered a survey accuracy level drone and noticed that the camera it comes with is the Sony RX1Rii one of the very few Full Frame point and shoot cameras with 42MP and a fixed 35mm Zeiss lens! I'm pretty pumped because whenever I'm not using it on the drone I'll pretty much carry it around as my travel/street photog camera.

Hello All, i just purchased my first Full frame camera, Nikon D750. Hella excited. I currently have a full frame 50mm nikon lens but i've seen youtube vids and a few local photographers recommend that i get the Nikon 85mm (1.4 or 1.8) for my portraits. Is it worth keeeping the 50mm or should i sell it and put it towards the 85mm?

Hello All, i just purchased my first Full frame camera, Nikon D750. Hella excited. I currently have a full frame 50mm nikon lens but i've seen youtube vids and a few local photographers recommend that i get the Nikon 85mm (1.4 or 1.8) for my portraits. Is it worth keeeping the 50mm or should i sell it and put it towards the 85mm?

That’s a great camera. I would have a go with the 50 and see what it’s like. A lot of people do like the 85 but in the same way as some prefer the 35 on a cropped sensor some people like the 50.

Post a few portraits and we can tell you!

Back
Top Bottom