The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

20190916_181138.jpg

20190916_181318.jpg

Super cool. How did you get the pass to shoot? And what lens? I shot a minor league game and baseball is actually sort of hard to shoot just cause action is not as constant than other sports.

70-200 I usually shoot soccer and realized for baseball it’s prob best to have like a 200-600mm.. friend of mine held it down to take photos

The Mavic Pro 2 is an really really good drone. I’ll put it into perspective for you. I have an Inspire 2 with the X7 camera and a 16mm Prime Lens. It’s basically a RED camera that flies lol and shoots 6K RAW in both Apple Pro Res and Cinema DNG...after buying my Mavic Pro 2 I hardly ever fly my Inspire 2 except for the most discriminating clients which even then if they didn’t see me flying the Mavic Pro 2 I could probably fool them into thinking I filmed with my Inspire 2. The full setup for the Inspire 2 is almost 7 Times the amount of the Mavic Pro 2 só that’s saying something right there. If I could only have one drone it would be the Mavic Pro 2.

Yea I'm pretty sold on the pro 2. Skipping on the zoom since I won't really need it that much. Looking to get a refurbished joint from dji. I thought about going the ebay route also but was wondering, if the owner registers it with the FAA would I have to re-register it under my name?

I am in on the Mavic Pro 2 as well but just going to wait a little longer to get to for under a grand if possible. I've been waiting for a good Canon Mirrorless and it's just not coming fast enough. I guess it's time to just get a drone finally. Probably get one early next year.

^^^Last photo isn't a drone is it?

I want to go to Alaska but when he Northern Lights happen but probably can't take the cold.

I am in on the Mavic Pro 2 as well but just going to wait a little longer to get to for under a grand if possible. I've been waiting for a good Canon Mirrorless and it's just not coming fast enough. I guess it's time to just get a drone finally. Probably get one early next year.

I'm thinking either wait for the holidays to see what types of deals there are or go the refurbished route. They're 1370+tax refurbished and just get the extras on ebay or something. Either that or if I figure out the whole if it's been registered or not before buying a used one then I'll pull the trigger. Need a drone in my life at this point haha. Only thing that sucks is all the no fly zones here in the bay. The entire bay area for the most part is basically no fly zone.

I'm thinking either wait for the holidays to see what types of deals there are or go the refurbished route. They're 1370+tax refurbished and just get the extras on ebay or something. Either that or if I figure out the whole if it's been registered or not before buying a used one then I'll pull the trigger. Need a drone in my life at this point haha. Only thing that sucks is all the no fly zones here in the bay. The entire bay area for the most part is basically no fly zone.

Yes if you buy it and it was registered with the prior owner then you have to register it with the FAA. It’s only $5 dollars to do so though. You only need the commercial license if you plan on making money with it. Of course people don’t always follow that rule and I understand that, probably would never get caught as long as you stay low key. But if you started making serious money you’d get caught likely get caught out there at some point.

Here’s the crazy part...like I said you all being photo guys will have an advantage with drones, and you’d be just fine using it for hobby, but then at some point someone is going to see your work and want to hire you. Just be smart my dudes and if money making opportunities come you can easily hit me up and I can help guide you to being legal.

I was looking at some maps and couldn't really understand it but knew that most of the Bay Area is a no fly zone. Sucks but makes sense. I think it's kind of cool though to start looking for spots that aren't permitted yet. Kind of would make for some original photos at least to take photos of places that no one would want to go too.

elderwatsondiggs elderwatsondiggs sweet then I might just go the eBay route to save a few extra bucks. I mean I plan on making some money with it but only for photoshoots here and there nothing crazy. Of course if things pick up I'll register it for other use cases.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr Yea sf is kinda lame even in Marin county or by the coast it's a no fly zone yet I see tons of drone videos around the golden gold taken in the past year. I flew a drone this past weekend in Tahoe and that's really what triggered me to look into it more. This year hopefully is the year for me. Want to take some overhead shots and rollers of cars. I'm so excited I can already picture the shot I want in my head haha.

5E232E8B-A73B-4DB1-B0F0-1344F4FD7CC0.jpeg

San Fran’s Drone airspace map. Anywhere there isn’t a grid or polygon is open airspace pretty much. If you have your FAA license you can still fly in some parts of the shown grids up to the altitude stated when you zoom in. Still relatively open. The two circular grids towards the bottom are for San Fran and Oakland’s Airport airspace.

There's pockets of spaces that are also no fly zones such as schools, parks etc from what I saw.

5E232E8B-A73B-4DB1-B0F0-1344F4FD7CC0.jpeg

San Fran’s Drone airspace map. Anywhere there isn’t a grid or polygon is open airspace pretty much. If you have your FAA license you can still fly in some parts of the shown grids up to the altitude stated when you zoom in. Still relatively open. The two circular grids towards the bottom are for San Fran and Oakland’s Airport airspace.
What is all that red area on the coast line then? Those are the fly zones? I have no clue why I can't read these maps. The one on DJI seemed so odd to me.

What is all that red area on the coast line then? Those are the fly zones? I have no clue why I can't read these maps. The one on DJI seemed so odd to me.

The red is a no fly zone but technically you can fly there as long as you don't get caught. The entire coast is supposed to be no fly zone.

Back
Top Bottom