The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Beautiful kouki santi!!
smokin.gif

Damn, I miss taking pictures. Broke my old rebel xt almost two years ago and still havent purchased a new dslr yet.

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Damn, I miss taking pictures. Broke my old rebel xt almost two years ago and still havent purchased a new dslr yet.
You used to post in here, didn't you?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 17-40 f/4L for my 40D. The focal length is perfect for what I plan to use it for. Anyone on here use this lens on a cropbody before? Opinions?

I'm supposed to be attempting a 365 project for the first time but damn, this sub-zero weather in Chicago is making me not want to go outside. Too damncold to go outside and find something interesting.

Not as serious as some of y'all, but I mess around. A pics I took this past Summer (in NYC)
2a5x5hs.jpg

rcra5l.jpg

2vv5eki.jpg

so my canon t1i hd video has a problem .... there is a red pixel on the middle upper right section . ON EVERY SINGLE VIDEO with 2 dif lenses ..

im not sure what it is and i will be sending my camera for repair 2morow . does anyone know what the problem could be . it is not the lens BUT IT JSUT LOOKSLIEK A BAD PIXEL IS OUT ...

link to my vimeo videos for examples .... please let me kno if you have any idea

http://vimeo.com/user1043266/videos

What would be a good SLR Camera to start out with for a 19 year old. I am a college student who is a Visual Communications and Technology major. I want it tobe around the $500 dollar range or less. The one that I have been looking at is the Nikon D3000. I want it to have live view and also shoot video sort of likea point and shoot.

Originally Posted by HP31308

What would be a good SLR Camera to start out with for a 19 year old. I am a college student who is a Visual Communications and Technology major. I want it to be around the $500 dollar range or less. The one that I have been looking at is the Nikon D3000. I want it to have live view and also shoot video sort of like a point and shoot.

If that is your criteria to have live view and video, then the cheapest will be to get a D5000. Trust me, you will never ever se the live view for other thenvideo. With the stupid delay that it has when in LV, it is more worth it to just stick your eye in the eye piece.

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 17-40 f/4L for my 40D. The focal length is perfect for what I plan to use it for. Anyone on here use this lens on a crop body before? Opinions?

why don't you go for the EF-S 10-22? it's more suited for a crop body IMO.

Originally Posted by G to tha T

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 17-40 f/4L for my 40D. The focal length is perfect for what I plan to use it for. Anyone on here use this lens on a crop body before? Opinions?

why don't you go for the EF-S 10-22? it's more suited for a crop body IMO.
Thanks for the reply but I'm not looking for an UWA. I want something in the range of anwhere from 15-17mm on the short end to 30-50mm on thelonger end. I know about the tamron 17-50 but thats not the lens I want.

260e4o4.jpg

1st time posting in here... Just got a Canon xsi for christmas and i've messed around with it a little bit.

I swear these NT photography threads are inspiring me.

Street sign in front of my house

Does anyone have the Tokina 11-18mm f/2.8 for Nikon? Is so, anyone have thoughts? I heard that it was a little bit more sharper than the Nikkoe 12-24mm f/4.

Back
Top Bottom