The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

33y13s0.jpg

mij7m9.jpg

swwbir.jpg

2zr3vk8.jpg

A couple from my recent vacation... C&C Welcome

anyone in the bay area interested in buying a mint condition nikon 18-200 VR II lens or trading a nikon fisheye for one? pm me

4516820286_fa6daa6660_o.jpg

Testing out my Lumix LX3 that I picked up off craigslist.  I wanted a good walkaround camera (in addition to my xsi) that I can take anywhere and that can also shoot HD video.

I thought this was interesting:

Canon 5D Mark II used to shoot entire House season finale, director says it's 'the future'
By Vladislav Savov posted Apr 13th 2010 8:02AM

13apr10house085324.jpg

May 17, folks. That's the date when the grumpy doctor you wish you were and the snazzy camera you wish you owned will join forces on American network television. The final episode in this season's run of House has been shot exclusively using Canon's 5D Mark II, and the show's director Greg Yaitanes has been taking questions about the experience on Twitter. PetaPixel have helpfully collated the Q&A session into a coherent pseudo-interview, which you'll be able to find at the source below. The major takeaway is that the crew liked the experience and didn't have to do an overwhelming amount of work to adapt to the different shooting method. Guess after SNL and its own movie, the 5D Mark II just had to go and do a guest appearance on its favorite TV show.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/13/canon-5d-mark-ii-used-to-shoot-entire-house-season-finale-direc/

Anyways like I said....don't doubt the video with DSLRs......well, as long as they are from Canon.

wow, tons of awesome stuff on the last two pages! I'm loving that sunset shot and those cars up there take me back to the good ol' days being sac on sundays.

I updated my blog w/ some new pics so hopefully you guys check it out: P.O.V. of ME
Here's one of my favs from alamo park

4517054778_afa72cb2b8_b.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Anyways like I said....don't doubt the video with DSLRs......well, as long as they are from Canon.
^agreed.

a short unedited test vid of my lil' homie. 5d mark II/50mm f1.8, 24fps, straight from cam to comp to vimeo 1080p. zero editing

Originally Posted by adob0

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

^agreed.

a short unedited test vid of my lil' homie. 5d mark II/50mm f1.8, 24fps, straight from cam to comp to vimeo 1080p. zero editing

Wow....even at 24fps, it looks good. And what is with the sudden flux of people having french bulldogs. I go around everywhere in the city and see them like crazy now. It's like the new Pug.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by Im Not You

That's it. I'm getting the Mark II.

yup...time to start saving

You and me three.

And question for you Mark 2 owners out there.....are you guys really shooting at 21mp? Or do you bump it down to say 10-12mp? Just seems like shooting photos at the max will kill your harddrive space or whatever. I doubt there is really advantages but maybe you guys can tell me something I don't know.

What DSLRs have external mics? Or don't need one at all?
This D5000 and it's distortion of loud noise with no external mic available is making me want to upgrade badly. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

What can I get for a D90 + 35mm f/1.8? Only a year old.

$1300-1400?

Haha.....you're right where I stand. Unfortunately you won't get those prices. New body alone is about $899 now and the 35mm is only about $200...and then you have to factor in that it is used. I have what you have plus the 10.5mm fiseye and kit VR lens and would expect about $1300-1400 for all of it.

Back
Top Bottom