The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by KobeBeef

Originally Posted by obie21

^^ that's cool and creepy
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Actually it is the opposite. The dude thinks I am literally going to beat him up or something. Kept on rambling how he didn't want to meet after 5pm cause it was late and we're meeting in a better neighborhood and not Oakland....which is where he is from. I am hoping it is like that movie I Love You Man and it some old dude with thick glasses that just is happy to talk to someone since he must be bored all the time. If he pulls some crap, I'll sock him up, take the cameras and stuff the money in his pocket just for peace of mind on my part. Haha!

He did already give me one piece of advice which is to invest in a nice flatbed scanner. Told me to just get the slides rather then getting them developed at a Walgreens or whatever and scan them up that way to make them digital.

Not gonna lie, those bug dew pics are dope but some of them caught me off guard.

tony23retro-word I have an old Pentax Spotmatic and I like how heavy they are with the steel body. Straight rugged.

Santi-Sick shot

nyako:
smokin.gif

fong: just like K2 said, i think older folks just want to connect with people. my job enables me to come across all walks of life: young, old, infants, nursing homes, rich, poor, black, white and everything in between. it seems as we get older and past our "prime" of our lives we either become senile/angry because we didn't get to do what we wanted in our lives...or accepting that life is coming to an end and want to connect with people and share,  /rant. good luck with your pursuit, i'm interested in what you come up with
santi: that pic makes me miss my subie
ohwell.gif

4559538194_47bc1078b5.jpg

4559538444_be97e1606e.jpg

4558959265_3fe77c5a03.jpg

4559538670_157aa89de3.jpg

4558959019_8db22d914f.jpg

Thanks guys!
Mr Fongstarr, the problem with outdoor lighting is that the sun doesn't always want to cooperate. For most of those shots, I had to make sure I positioned myself on the track so that the sun was behind me in order to avoid those obscene shadows that would have shown up otherwise (but then again, I'm not sure if I completely avoided them). After that, it's all shutter speed and aperture. I'm just fortunate enough to be familiar enough with track & field as a sport that it's easier to shoot once I've got the basic lighting situation taken care of. If you're dealing with outdoor portraits or other static subjects, I imagine it would be way easier to get what you're looking for (did that make sense?).

K2theAblaM, thank you! I mainly shoot for my school but sometimes I catch a break and get credentials for the bigger events. I'll definitely be heading back to Penn Relays next year and this summer I might end up doing the USATF Outdoor Championships in Des Moines.

Originally Posted by tony23retro

Dope avy adob0... really good movie.
hands down, one of the greatest films MY eyes have ever seen.

are there other photog forums yall are on/worth checking out?

I thought this was sick. Not my photo but someone did a semi tilt shift of a skateboard photo. Looks clean when it is done subtly.

1-weswallride.jpg

From a recent shoot. No PP.

4560150667_c9abee63e5_b.jpg

EXIF data

What Logan (my subject) is holding is a piece of a wall with layers of paint from graffiti from over 20 years worth of painting. The final version doesn't have his face in it, hence the odd grimace and cut off head.

Strobist info: Nikon SB80DX mounted, one AB800 camera right through an umbrella, and one AB800 behind camera, raised, camera left.

4560780314_fded3b491c_b.jpg

I need help purchasing another camera.
I bought the canon 7d but I'm hesitant taking
it with me in a trip to Jamaica. Are there any
resonable priced cameras that shoot good
HD video.

Originally Posted by KobeBeef

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

From a recent shoot. No PP.
EXIF data

What Logan (my subject) is holding is a piece of a wall with layers of paint from graffiti from over 20 years worth of painting. The final version doesn't have his face in it, hence the odd grimace and cut off head.

Strobist info: Nikon SB80DX mounted, one AB800 camera right through an umbrella, and one AB800 behind camera, raised, camera left.
EXIF data

i like, except the white looks a little too hot on his lab coat.

It's supposed to look that way. He wanted a hi-key ,blown out look.. I didn't do the PP so I don't know what the final copy looked like, but I imagine a good amount of dodge/burn was used. It was for a layout for a catalog so ultimately the entire page would be white.

Back
Top Bottom