The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

i just bought a nikon d3000, new to this photography stuff... any tips on how to take good pictures with people who own the same camera ?

i just bought a nikon d3000, new to this photography stuff... any tips on how to take good pictures with people who own the same camera ?

those car meet shots are better than what i can produce. there isnt anything else to do at a meet , really.

dont know if i posted these or not..if i did, sorry , if not, c/c

4702871674_61eab7bc63_o.jpg

outtakes
4677755243_a8259404dc_b.jpg
4677770321_c73a5fdac4_b.jpg

some senior portraits.

4677770321_c73a5fdac4.jpg
4678399718_fa7afb8c0d.jpg

4677771881_848cb56b17.jpg
4678401130_c5244029c9.jpg

my dog after getting fixed =(
4693957567_362ee90572_b.jpg

e-session
4702917300_6da31356cf_b.jpg
4711491346_1b39e499c3_b.jpg

my brother and his girl
4623193863_c803a394b7_o.jpg

4587775673_65c3594e57_o.jpg

wedding this past saturday
4723493663_5d0e07c22c_b.jpg

monday morning downtown LA photowalk.
4723539739_d37c02d272_b.jpg

Originally Posted by CodLiverOil

I just purchased the same camera, a lot to learn with it, thats for damn sure. Here is one of the first pictures I took with it....I have A LOT to learn.....
nerd.gif

Good stuff ya'll
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

good stuff in the last pages...

did a few re-edits...

if yall don't mind, please critique...too much pp? not enough? colors correct? what do yall think...

4725753176_888f43cfa3.jpg
4725102445_ed9c102361.jpg

4725752946_2f1fe52897.jpg

4725102177_e92d64c1e7.jpg

Train track setups are so tired imo. I dont like that you can see her arm hair in that one pic, cant comment too much on the pp.

Originally Posted by mrshadow

i've been looking into buying this camera. anyone has one of these??� anyone recommend it

Its not a bad camera at all.
www.dpreview.com read up on the various micro four thirds cameras

Mr shadow....I would not get the pen. I see someone's blog that shoots with it and they are noticeably bad. The ISO is really bad and night shots are just horrible. Plus the camera is super expensive and with that type of money, you might as well get a real DSLR.

All that portable/mini SLRs are such crap. Plus it's not like it's that much smaller to begin with. At the end of it, you still have to sling it on your side.

so my old digital camera broke, im not photographer nor do i know anything about cameras, but i want a camera with big lens i guess, im tired of normal digital cameras, i dont want nothing to big or i dont wanna buy nothing seperate to add one, so whats a good stock camera for the range of 200-300, 350 if its that good i guess

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Mr shadow....I would not get the pen. I see someone's blog that shoots with it and they are noticeably bad. The ISO is really bad and night shots are just horrible. Plus the camera is super expensive and with that type of money, you might as well get a real DSLR.

All that portable/mini SLRs are such crap. Plus it's not like it's that much smaller to begin with. At the end of it, you still have to sling it on your side.

Not at all. Different people want different things, some want to be able to take quality pictures but in a smaller form factor. That's exactly what micro four thirds accomplishes. Of course its more expensive, you're fitting four thirds and APS-C sensors into smaller cameras, that's with anything.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Train track setups are so tired imo. I dont like that you can see her arm hair in that one pic, cant comment too much on the pp.
 ^ thanks for the reply mangudai. u know, now that you mention it...i have to agree, i guess traintracks are quite cliche' in photography.

4722682929_96a5d08e6f.jpg

4710340081_c24a4b630d.jpg

^ i usually avoid posting shoes in the thread...figured i'll throw this one up since a few pairs were posted earlier

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Not at all. Different people want different things, some want to be able to take quality pictures but in a smaller form factor. That's exactly what micro four thirds accomplishes. Of course its more expensive, you're fitting four thirds and APS-C sensors into smaller cameras, that's with anything.

The function of the Pen just doesn't make sense to me at all. It is expensive, limited on lenses, and takes crappy photos...but you are buying it because of size? You might as well get a Canon S90 that fits in your pocket over the Pen. I see pics of Olympus pens all decked out with lenses and everything and I don't understand people put so much effort to them when you can get a T1i that would do all of that and take much better pics.

It just seems like a toy to just have for the hell of it. I guess I just learned my lesson when I got a Canon G9 and feel compelled to tell people to get a better camera.

I thought this was funny though. Someone put a Tokina lens on the Pen:

3906518310_7bf78bf082.jpg

i was just judging the camera by the commercials thanks for the input guys

so what camera do you guys recommend for a noob who is trying to get into photography(vdeo would be cool but not really a must)

Yea like cellphones people love to accessorize cameras or just want to have the latest thing. I suppose it true when you use huge lenses like that on them it takes them out of context but for someone who wants something smaller, lighter, and isn't bothered by the price its a good look. I wasn't specifically speaking on the PEN and actually that's not the 4/3's I'd be looking at if I were to get one. I like the new Sony one as well as some of the Panasonic ones. If I remember correctly the new Sony 4/3's is right up there with the T2i in term of image quality. You gotta admit though you do seem to be a bit biased towards cameras under traditional DSLRs. There's a place for everything. Its all about application. I wouldn't whip out a Sony A900 to take pics of me and my friends in the club. Nor would I use my G11 professionally for architectural photography. But if I was traveling somewhere for example and wanted to leave my main DSLR home for something lighter I'd definitely consider a 4/3's like the NEX5. But I also believe there is a large enough difference between the high end P&S and the 4/3's that they aren't really in the same category. You just gotta have realistic expectations with whatever you're using and knowing how to maximize its abilities. Ive seem pictures taken with the G11 that I thought were taken was a DSLR and they weren't tiny pictures either.

Deciding between a D5000 and a T2i. Which one do you guys think I should go with? I'm just a beginner btw.

Back
Top Bottom