The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

doosta45 wrote:
Originally Posted by xXOkAYplaYerXx

A few from this weekend... <
are you shooting film?
No. I've got a T1i and this set was done with the Thrifty 50 1.8.

At night I usually shoot wide open and with ISO bumped. 

Kind of gives that grainy film feel. I love that texture.

Usually change to B&W in PP.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am thinking about getting into the photo game. Where should I start? I don't even know what type of camera I have but I know it is a basic digital camera. Cannon. Will tell you the model when I get home. But do I NEED one of those fancy gadgets to get the ball rolling? Hope not.

No.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

okay so it's decided we're getting a D5000.
I guess I'll go ahead and pick up a lens too....or should I??????

I use the kit lens, a AF-S NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G, and I'm planning on getting that 50mm f/1.4G lens soon. From looking at the pics on here and across the internet, it seems that a 50mm lens is a winner.

Originally Posted by DREDAY0789

Originally Posted by LRBaLLa00

Originally Posted by DREDAY0789

Originally Posted by omgitswes

any of yall shoot with a Nikon D5000? That's what me and my dad have been looking at.

i do.
What lens(es) are you shooting with? Your pics are nice as hell man.
50mm f/1.8
omgitswes wrote:
to the guys that have the D5000 how is the video?
I know everyone says don't get a DSLR to shoot video.....idc I'm going to and wanna know what it's like if I remember it's only 720p right?
here is my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dreday0789

check my site: www.dreeastwood.com

nice vids, i shoot with a d5000 also and did a couple videos but i think i need a better lens, are most of those shot with f/1.8?

my brother and his gf.

4756460243_e5913ac395_z.jpg
4757096190_7a068a02a4_z.jpg

and the little munchkin born on july 2!

4757136142_441c5bd213_z.jpg

4758720031_2c34a8256e_z.jpg

sneakgraphy.

4757121972_7e6df68d87_z.jpg

4757121892_6dae340fa1_z.jpg

its wearable!
4755463577_9cdcd77105_z.jpg

4751714134_468e904870_z.jpg

and some automotive stuff

4770345939_d37d990f6a_z.jpg

4770954354_ccc985105e_z.jpg

4770315993_18c44b67cb_z.jpg

4770954248_cd16682fa3_z.jpg

i've been researching into the entry level DSLRs and was looking for some input from NT. im trying to keep it as cheap as possible, probably buying used off of amazon and dont necessarily need all the bells and whistles though i would like it to record video, thats more of a bonus. I keep hearing about the Nikon D40 as a great entry level DSLR and just started looking at the Nikon D3000. I am probably going to get the Nikon D40 if I can find one at a decent price but do you guys have any suggestions of other ones i should be looking at?

thanks for the info, im eagerly awaiting my photo contribution to this great thread

Originally Posted by moneyballer55

i've been researching into the entry level DSLRs and was looking for some input from NT. im trying to keep it as cheap as possible, probably buying used off of amazon and dont necessarily need all the bells and whistles though i would like it to record video, thats more of a bonus. I keep hearing about the Nikon D40 as a great entry level DSLR and just started looking at the Nikon D3000. I am probably going to get the Nikon D40 if I can find one at a decent price but do you guys have any suggestions of other ones i should be looking at?

thanks for the info, im eagerly awaiting my photo contribution to this great thread
Man... As a beginner, the D5000 is exactly what I needed. There's an info button that tells you whatever you need to know. There's also examples of what happens when you change a setting (like it'll show a change on a sample pic). The D5000s have gotten cheaper, I would look into that if you're able to. It's basically a poor man's D90. http://www.digitalreview.ca/content/Nikon-D5000-D90-Compared-to-Canon-Rebel-T1i-500D.shtml check out that chart towards the bottom of the page. There are tons of similarities between the D90 & D5000. I hope this helps. 

Anyone have any expirience with the Canon 28mm f2.0???.. any pro or cons when comparing it to a 35mm f2.0.. Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by LRBaLLa00

Originally Posted by moneyballer55

Man... As a beginner, the D5000 is exactly what I needed. There's an info button that tells you whatever you need to know. There's also examples of what happens when you change a setting (like it'll show a change on a sample pic). The D5000s have gotten cheaper, I would look into that if you're able to. It's basically a poor man's D90. http://www.digitalreview.ca/content/Nikon-D5000-D90-Compared-to-Canon-Rebel-T1i-500D.shtml check out that chart towards the bottom of the page. There are tons of similarities between the D90 & D5000. I hope this helps. 
that might be a little out of my price range but thanks for the info. ill keep a look out for it.

Damn, I think I just jizzed because of the first four pictures from that shawnstarr dude.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So I have a Nikon D3000 and I'm looking for a new lens aside from the kit lens. What is usually the best first lens to buy? I like to shoot mostly people and sometimes sports and landscape. What is a good lens I can get?

Also, how do you post pictures from Flickr on here?
Feel free to add me www.flickr.com/hmachuca

DRich more of her????
she looks like she could be a cutie....is beasting allowed in this thread? lol

just copped a 85mm 1.8

Can somebody give me a quick break down of what these specs mean? Or just link me to a site that breaks it down well in laymen's terms? I just have the lens that came with camera, but am curious about what others I should consider getting.
4760707709_5a859f889d.jpg
4777827194_8180098b06.jpg

4777190293_c15df62dc4.jpg

aight...so i just got my MacBook so i'm ready to start participating in this thread again...but so questions...
i'm using this computer for my photography only...what should i get to maximize it's performance??? i'm thinking a couple of external hard drives and i heard somebody mention something about the Time Machine a while back, but i don't exactly get the concept

i have 2 gb of memory...i have to option of upgrading to 4gb, but is it even worth it??? i'm going to save my work on the external hard drive anyway

Whats the next best camera? I don't think no-one has answered my question.
frown.gif

I have a Canon Rebel XS ... I mainly want to shoot for leisure, events, portraits (good enough to charge for).

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Whats the next best camera? I don't think no-one has answered my question.
frown.gif

I have a Canon Rebel XS ... I mainly want to shoot for leisure, events, portraits (good enough to charge for).
a Canon 40D

Back
Top Bottom