The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am thinking about getting into the photo game. Where should I start? I don't even know what type of camera I have but I know it is a basic digital camera. Cannon. Will tell you the model when I get home. But do I NEED one of those fancy gadgets to get the ball rolling? Hope not.

No.

browse thru tech sites for info on entry level dslr cams. gizmodo.com is a great site for this info.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Whats the next best camera? I don't think no-one has answered my question.
frown.gif

I have a Canon Rebel XS ... I mainly want to shoot for leisure, events, portraits (good enough to charge for).

What is your budget?
Do you mind buying used gear?

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

aight...so i just got my MacBook so i'm ready to start participating in this thread again...but so questions...
i'm using this computer for my photography only...what should i get to maximize it's performance??? i'm thinking a couple of external hard drives and i heard somebody mention something about the Time Machine a while back, but i don't exactly get the concept

i have 2 gb of memory...i have to option of upgrading to 4gb, but is it even worth it??? i'm going to save my work on the external hard drive anyway
Depepend on what software you use and what size of your camera files you might want to upgrade to 4GB.

Originally Posted by TheEmperor45

frown.gif

I have a Canon Rebel XS ... I mainly want to shoot for leisure, events, portraits (good enough to charge for).

What is your budget?
Budget is about $1200. Don't mind buying used.

can someone teach me how to take photos like this??? i wanted to be able to capture the moving lights of cars.  i only have a point and shoot camera (canon sd3500). do i need a dslr to take these type of photos? i took this from fongstar as an example.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Need some advice. I just a Canon G11 and I really like it. Anything I should know about? Tips?

Shoot shoot shoot and shoot some more. If you dont know some of the basics refer to the first post in this thread. Ask questions here and on other forums. Browse here and flickr for inspiration.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheEmperor45

frown.gif

What is your budget?
Budget is about $1200. Don't mind buying used.
do you want just the body or with the kit lens.

Back
Top Bottom