The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Not really sure how far into the story I am but one thing Spider-Man does great is the dialogue. Peter Parker’s witty humor is as sharp and funny as I’ve ever seen in any Spider-Man media. And I really tried to dislike the Peter/MJ romance but it’s well-done to the point it seems they got an actual Hollywood rom-com writer to do it.

The plot is just whatever to me so far, just an excuse for me to whip a ton of goons while web-slinging around the city (which has gotten more fun as I’ve improved at getting around.) Combat has gotten more fun too as I’ve improved. I went from regularly losing multiple times to not remembering the last time I got beaten.

So I’d say the writing being reminiscent of a blockbuster summer movie, and the web-slinging are both noteworthy. Also capturing the essence of the people of New York City is nice. The plot lacks depth but the game is still fine without it. I thought I’d be sick of the Arkham style combat, and I was at first. But once I got the hang of stringing different combos with the webs and gadgets I got hooked. To compare to a recent game, I still prefer GoW’s combat though.

For many of us this game is the appetizer before the main course of RDR2. And it’s a damn good one for me so far.

nobody in here excited for fallout? only rdr2? i need playstation to hurry up with the name change ability too. think imma try buying digital for both games. the initial download patches for these will probably be huge to wait for on release night

nobody in here excited for fallout? only rdr2? i need playstation to hurry up with the name change ability too. think imma try buying digital for both games. the initial download patches for these will probably be huge to wait for on release night
Fallout Online doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. I’ll never buy another Fallout or Elser Scrolls until I beat Skyrim or Fallout 4 first. For some odd reason, I can’t seem to play these games right. I always mess up my build and get stuck or just too underpowered.

If i preorder digital on amazon can i preload it?

Or do i have to order on psn in order to pre load?

You will receive a code from Amazon that you will need to use in the PS store to redeem the game. Once you redeemed the game, you should be presented with the ability to download it.

Fallout Online doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. I’ll never buy another Fallout or Elser Scrolls until I beat Skyrim or Fallout 4 first. For some odd reason, I can’t seem to play these games right. I always mess up my build and get stuck or just too underpowered.
yea u definitely messing up. fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time tho i nevr play the elder scrolls ones. its like any rpg... grind early on so you're always more powerful than u should be at any point in time. in fallout ill spend early hours leveling up and looting for a while. hit the side missions first many times. THEN do the main story when im not underleveled by 20 on my enemies. as for build, just tailor it to you. im a ranged killer. so i always have my sneak damage up, shooting damage way up, stealth way up. etc etc.

as for this fallout online aspect. i dunno what to expect. im just thinking the map must be THAT big and some areas must be THAT jacked up, that its not meant for 1 person to get through alone

I love Fallout as a single player experience. I will have to see how this whole MP system plays out.

Fallout 4's DLC had a game breaking bug that kind of ruined the experience for me.

I love Fallout as a single player experience. I will have to see how this whole MP system plays out.

Fallout 4's DLC had a game breaking bug that kind of ruined the experience for me.

it did? tell me what it is so i can avoid it when i pick it back up cuz i beat the game for every faction but i pick it up every now and then. and apparently the mp system is true open world so you can be in the same map but doing completely different things and can fast travel to each other if necessary for help or something. and THAT sounds super dope. but theyre not gonna let people power level with that exploit, meaning i can see them saying go to your friend at your own risk

it did? tell me what it is so i can avoid it when i pick it back up cuz i beat the game for every faction but i pick it up every now and then.

In the Nukaworld DLC, there is a point late in the story missions (I think it was Grand Tour) where you have to go recruit people. I started the mission but went off to do a couple sidequests/find collectibles. When I finally returned to the mission, the group of people I needed to recruit could not reach the fast travel device due to an invisible wall near the cliffside. My two backup saves had been saved over after I started the quest so I basically would have had to start over. It is a known bug, but no fix on console.

In the Nukaworld DLC, there is a point late in the story missions (I think it was Grand Tour) where you have to go recruit people. I started the mission but went off to do a couple sidequests/find collectibles. When I finally returned to the mission, the group of people I needed to recruit could not reach the fast travel device due to an invisible wall near the cliffside. My two backup saves had been saved over after I started the quest so I basically would have had to start over. It is a known bug, but no fix on console.

Played and finished Fallout 3 on the XBox 360 - enjoyed it but it was a buggy mess. One of those games that's almost preferable to play on PC due to need for steady patches.

oh i mustve just lucked out and got past that. i really wish nukaworld had been fleshed out more. the fact that ur faction in the end will pretty much undo all the work you put in all game with settlements is very very dumb. i miss the feeling of past fallouts where you playing as a good or bad person actually effected the outcomes

i wanna play 76 but who am i kidding ima be shooting up dice games on red dead 2 for a while and when the online drops its a whole new game basically. i didnt even pick up my copy of black ops

I've been quite happy with Black Ops 4. They have a Halloween event starting this weekend as well.

Back and forth between that and DQ11 has been pretty nice.

I've been quite happy with Black Ops 4. They have a Halloween event starting this weekend as well.

Back and forth between that and DQ11 has been pretty nice.
Still debating if I should pick it up.

I know by next Tuesday I'll be back to Spider-Man and then RDR2 by Friday night lol.

oh i mustve just lucked out and got past that. i really wish nukaworld had been fleshed out more. the fact that ur faction in the end will pretty much undo all the work you put in all game with settlements is very very dumb. i miss the feeling of past fallouts where you playing as a good or bad person actually effected the outcomes

New Vegas was my favorite for that. It had real consequences for choosing sides, where as I felt Fallout 4 had a little less weight to the choices (other than a couple of the major ones).

i preordered RDR2 a year ago and it's my first preorder ever. amazon says i'll get it november 1-7, very disappointing. It was during the e3 sale though so I got a good price so not all bad

New Vegas was my favorite for that. It had real consequences for choosing sides, where as I felt Fallout 4 had a little less weight to the choices (other than a couple of the major ones).
iirc fallout 3 actually had a meter where u teetered towards good or bad, and people reacted with u completely different if u were on one side or the other. in vegas yea some factions didnt mess with u, but in fallout 4 ur choices really didnt matter with ANYONE except for your companion or factions. nothing in gameplay changed based on whether u were good or bad. just depended on who you sided with. loved the game, but wished that personal decisions and playstyle effected the outcomes more

MP BGS doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, especially Fallout. Like 80% of the appeal of FO for me is the isolation, and running into random NPCs :lol: I'll be back for ES6 tho :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom