The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Oh BTW I’ll be playing it on the XB1X :lol:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Technically, the XONE X is a superior system. Not dramatically by any means but definitely better.

It came out a year after the PS4 PRO and cost $100 more. It better be better.

Maybe it’s me but the only thing my x really wows me on is bf1...other than that my pro and my x looks identical

Maybe it’s me but the only thing my x really wows me on is bf1...other than that my pro and my x looks identical

What TV are you on?

But yeah it isn’t dramatic but the X had the edge.

Like you mentioned - it also depends on the game etc.

The difference still isn’t life altering and Xbox doesn’t have the game catalog to justify the purchase.

Halo 5, Forza Horizon, State of Decay 2, and Cuphead are off the meat rack though :pimp:

I’ve played some of RDR2 all I have to say is you need to not speed through the game. Take every opportunity to look around and appreciate the little fine details that are on display.

A huge example of this is playing without the mini map and letting the locals or your gang guide you where to go.

The fidelity of the world is incredible.

Why you gotta say this over a wk out
francis.png

At least wait til Monday :rofl:

I play on a monitor, so even the benefit of the Pro is lost on me.

Well

I play on a 4K gaming monitor and the benefit is great.

And even when I played on my previous 1080p gaming monitor it looked better than my standard PS4 pro. The jump wasn’t as big but it was noticeable. And as more games have came out and some of the old ones have been patched it has just gotten better and better.

If it doesn’t interest you that is fine and understandable especially with the amount of money that has to be spent On the entire package but it is by no means a gimmick.

I dont really understand... 4K on a 24 inch screen monitor compared to 1080p I thought was fairly negligible. All the literature I read on the subject said it is hard to notice until you get to the large screens.

HDR is the one thing that makes a huge difference apparently. I obviously don't have experience, I am just going off what I have read.

I do have a 4K 55inch tv and can tell the difference with that. Now you have me second guessing if I should be looking for a 4K monitor. :lol:

Last edited:
What TV are you on?

But yeah it isn’t dramatic but the X had the edge.

Like you mentioned - it also depends on the game etc.

The difference still isn’t life altering and Xbox doesn’t have the game catalog to justify the purchase.

Halo 5, Forza Horizon, State of Decay 2, and Cuphead are off the meat rack though :pimp:

Sony XBR55X850D

Trying to cop cuphead on bf it looks dope

I dont really understand... 4K on a 24 inch screen monitor compared to 1080p I thought was fairly negligible. All the literature I read on the subject said it is hard to notice until you get to the large screens.

HDR is the one thing that makes a huge difference apparently. I obviously don't have experience, I am just going off what I have read.

I do have a 4K 55inch tv and can tell the difference with that. Now you have me second guessing if I should be looking for a 4K monitor. :lol:

I have a 28 inch monitor and it is a huge difference.

I don’t have HDR though. I don’t believe monitors had it when I copped mine.

I have also played my pro on a couple different 4K televisions and prefer my monitor. I like the tighter look and this OP refresh rates :pimp:

But yes I could upgrade to a HDR 28 inch but I’m good. It is more for the colors (I believe)

Yea, I occasionally browse Hakoom's trophies. That is the absolute extreme. Like he is playing 12-14 hours a day, strictly for trophies. I'd burn out after a week.

Crazy that he is beating shared-account guys who are working in teams on trophies.

He averages 18 trophies a day... :lol: I think mine is at like 3.

I have kids that don’t know how to take care of their games. I love having digital copies
im having my first one christmas day man... lol i hope theyre a gamer like me. thank god i grew up on mostly cartriges cuz all my music cds from when i was a kid are scratched to HELL. i think i might start doing all digital copies at this point though because the early download on AAA releases seems to be SO worth it. altho apparently black ops just dropped the ball on this recent release and servers were jacked. or so i heard

im having my first one christmas day man... lol i hope theyre a gamer like me. thank god i grew up on mostly cartriges cuz all my music cds from when i was a kid are scratched to HELL. i think i might start doing all digital copies at this point though because the early download on AAA releases seems to be SO worth it. altho apparently black ops just dropped the ball on this recent release and servers were jacked. or so i heard

Congratulations :nthat:

My 5 year old always gives me the remote when he can’t beat a mission :lol:

Man.

Kids are so bad with discs and controllers :smh:

It’s ridiculous. I’m pretty sure my 2 year old broke the disc drive on my PS4. It makes a crazy sound when you insert a disc and doesn’t work. If it wasn’t for digital downloads I wouldn’t even be able to play :smh:

They’re worth every penny they cost me though :smokin

Back
Top Bottom