The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

@Mr Dink , be prepared to mod that thing the moment the "emulation OS" for the PS1 Classic minis have been confirmed and release by our typical hacking suspects online.

Otherwise, that thing is currently trash as is.........and you will be disappointing yourself by attempting to play with it.

thats the only way im buying one is if it can be modded... other than that its a definite pass... i have a preorder at my local gamestop i need to get my 10 dollars back lol

I remember the day I got my PS3 at launch...had never been so hype for a system. It was just my age at the time.

And the damn thing was so beautiful.

Resistance: Fall of Man for hours

PS2 for me I get sentimental because:

-It was the first console I bought on my own with money I earned and was not bought for me by my parents.
-The console game library was just classic alone with: GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Gran Turismo 3, Socom. The list goes on and on.
-The console hit when DVD format & media was new and that was literally the cheapest DVD player people could get at that time.

PS3 ehh.. I remember it was easy for me to find the day of release a 60GB PS3 launch system and it was mainly because of the $600 price tag. The first game for it that I remember made me say wow this is a next gen game was:

220px-Ratchet_%26_Clank_Future_Tools_of_Destruction_North_American_cover.png

Last edited:
PS2 for me I get sentimental because:

-It was the first console I bought on my own with money I earned and was not bought for me by my parents.
-The console game library was just classic alone with: GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Gran Turismo 3, Socom. The list goes on and on.
-The console hit when DVD format & media was new and that was literally the cheapest DVD player people could get at that time.

PS3 ehh.. I remember it was easy for me to find the day of release a 60GB PS3 launch system and it was mainly because of the $600 price tag. The first game for it that I remember made me say wow this is a next gen game was:

220px-Ratchet_%26_Clank_Future_Tools_of_Destruction_North_American_cover.png
This was the first game I ever got for PS3 and man this game floored me as a kid.

I remember PS3's launch simply because that was the first time I started posting in General, in the Playstation thread. :lol:

Up until then I had only been posting in the Jordan forum.

NT made the lackluster first few years of PS3 worthwhile. Our COD tournies alone kept us occupied during the barren periods between games.

I remember the day I got my PS3 at launch...had never been so hype for a system. It was just my age at the time.

And the damn thing was so beautiful.

Resistance: Fall of Man for hours

I’m right there with you man.

I also helped a woman flip one so she could give her kids a Christmas. Totally forgot about that :lol:

Last edited:
I remember both releases like they were yesterday… don’t remember the games I got…

Ps2 I was a freshman in college and I skipped class with my friend to cop the ps2… waited in line at 6am until 10am at bestbuy… saw another friend in line and he was like I passed on the concords for these… I ended up copping the concords a week later from a mom and pops by me so I ended up getting both… loved the ps2 because I can play dvds on there but a lot of the games I just like playing on ps2 I never really beat them…

Ps3 I got the $600 one and I remember even though it was expensive there was a shortage of ps3 and it was sold out everywhere… I was calling my gamestop a few days before release asking if I was going to get mines and they said yes but still kept calling the next day to make sure lol… got there when the store open at like 10am there was like 20 people there and I was in and out… I remember copping resistance and thought wow the graphics are sick I sucked at that game though…. Ps3 was the first system where I actually beat the games I played on there and I was always on home too lmao… I miss the ps3 cuz it was free online and home was fun lol

i played both systems a lot but played ps3 a lot more since i tried beating all the games i had... there was a year or 2 where i was unemployed so i was always on the ps3

You would have to think there was issues with clearing these games. Even Sony knows this line-up is much better than what released.

Definitely legal issues involved........especially with Tomb & Crash being owned by Activision AND only recently having "remastered" remakes/reboots released this past year.

I remember both releases like they were yesterday… don’t remember the games I got…

Ps2 I was a freshman in college and I skipped class with my friend to cop the ps2… waited in line at 6am until 10am at bestbuy… saw another friend in line and he was like I passed on the concords for these… I ended up copping the concords a week later from a mom and pops by me so I ended up getting both… loved the ps2 because I can play dvds on there but a lot of the games I just like playing on ps2 I never really beat them…

Ps3 I got the $600 one and I remember even though it was expensive there was a shortage of ps3 and it was sold out everywhere… I was calling my gamestop a few days before release asking if I was going to get mines and they said yes but still kept calling the next day to make sure lol… got there when the store open at like 10am there was like 20 people there and I was in and out… I remember copping resistance and thought wow the graphics are sick I sucked at that game though…. Ps3 was the first system where I actually beat the games I played on there and I was always on home too lmao… I miss the ps3 cuz it was free online and home was fun lol

i played both systems a lot but played ps3 a lot more since i tried beating all the games i had... there was a year or 2 where i was unemployed so i was always on the ps3

Concords and all Jordan retros were $120 back then.

Me and a homie were working at a help desk call center back then for an IT out sourcing company. We were working night shift and would call the back phone # to Eastbay to get our orders in :lol:

That's how I got the Mocha III's and Concords :pimp:

Memories y’all :pimp:

I believe that was around the time I started posting in general as well.

And Bad Religion and Boost are the ones I remember.

Had all these Jordans that I didn’t wear and decided to get rid of them. Took my DS green bean Vs down the street and gave them to lil homie who thought I was the coolest person ever :lol: and until this day I cannot say that I’ve seen a happier more appreciative person than he was at that moment.

Beat RDR2, Spider-Man, and God of War. I couldn’t tell you what game of the year is. All were really good.

Memories y’all :pimp:

I believe that was around the time I started posting in general as well.

And Bad Religion and Boost are the ones I remember.

Had all these Jordans that I didn’t wear and decided to get rid of them. Took my DS green bean Vs down the street and gave them to lil homie who thought I was the coolest person ever :lol: and until this day I cannot say that I’ve seen a happier more appreciative person than he was at that moment.
Green Bean Vs :pimp:

I’ve give away some kicks myself. I hardly cop anymore but every now and then I dip back in. Picking up the Concords for myself and the fam so we can take pictures on a cruise :lol:

Back
Top Bottom