The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

So VR is super legit.

I have had about 5 guest come over today and I have left them all mind blown.

Batman is certainly the best experience in my opinion. The environments are incredible.
nah London heist and that platformer in the play room >>>>>

pmpdaddyrobford pmpdaddyrobford

You played the platformer in in the VR Playroom game?
amazing. really wish it was a full gamr

So VR is super legit.

Batman is certainly the best experience in my opinion. The environments are incredible.

A new Crash game like this would be :smokin

So VR is super legit.

A new Crash game like this would be :smokin
104946-dayum-dayum-dayum-gif-Imgur-da-ROVb.gif

needs to happen asap

just played battlefield 4 on the vr

man

that feels amazing

it's a whole different feeling

the players are easier to kill cause they are so large and up close

you have to look down to look at your map

if you have vr hop on a fps immediately

this sounds amazing

yes that platformer in the playroom is cold blooded

very Mario esque with the sounds

that danger ball game is super solid too, thought I'd like it the least but it's pretty addictive

I finally switched the cords and played Mario kart on the Wii U last night and oh my jesus, it is something else

the highway portion of London heist is top notch too

rigs is fun as hell and that roller coaster horror shooter is a lot more fun than it looked

I've still yet to open driveclub and eve valkyrie

I've been playing old games on it lol

it makes every game feel new

Last edited:
This was posted by a neogaf member who use to work for R* :

Originally Posted by Ash735

Because it's a miracle it even works on consoles, it was slapped together and rushed around until things just made sense, unlike other Rockstar titles from that generation it uses a subset build of the engine, to clear it up, here's how RAGE is broken is broken down...

RAGE ERB1
- Rockstar Presents Table Tennis

RAGE ERB2
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Midnight Club LA
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

RAGE ERB3
- Max Payne 3
- Grand Theft Auto V/Online

RAGE is developed by Rockstar San Diego, the studio that handles the Midnight Club and Red Dead series, for Red Dead Redemption though it uses neither ERB2 or ERB3, it's like a highly customised split off version of ERB2 mixed with some RB3 features (think of it like a 2.5), The code for that was a complete mess and changes were made daily without being documented during development, and as such no PC version of the code was ever made as they strictly focused on getting the Xbox 360 (which was the main focus of RAGE during ERB1 and ERB2) and PlayStation 3 version of the game stable.

After Red Dead Redemption, Rockstar used the year in which L.A.Noire was being pushed (which doesn't use RAGE) to heavily rework RAGE for a new build which took advantage of both PC and PlayStation 3 features, as well as pushing the Xbox 360 to it's limits, this resulted in ERB3 which debuted with Max Payne 3, which of course had a brilliant PC version compared to the previous PC release which at the time was Grand Theft Auto IV/Episodes from Liberty City.

The ONLY way Rockstar could do a remaster of Red Dead Redemption is if they took the game itself and transfered it over to ERB3 and THEN ported it to PC (which in turn would allow PS4 and XBO versions too), but to salvage that mess of a code and actually put that amount of work into it would cost a lot of man hours.

It's not because "they just hate PC gamers", etc, or anything silly like that, it really is because the game itself is a coded mess and it's a surprise it got stable on 360/PS3, if you look at the assets yourself you can even see things like audio and textures thrown in last minute not packed in the archives properly, etc, as an example of how things were being thrown around right up til gold with the game.

Hybrid can you confirm or have you heard about this is why RDR never got a PC version?

Last edited:
Hybrid can you confirm or have you heard about this is why RDR never got a PC version?

This has pretty much been known, without all those specifics about engines.

There's really no other explanation for why RDR wouldn't be on PC.

The bright side is R* started taking their PC ports a lot more serious after GTA IV/RDR. Max Payne 3 and GTA V are excellent.

Last edited:

Need to jump on london heist too and that platformer is fully legit.
I've been playing RIGS and I had my first rage quit. I'm so proud.

Last time I was this excited to get home and play games was when I had a SNES with Street Fighter 2.

Don't buy into the hype.

There is no games out for it right now that's worth dropping $499 on it right now.

It's one of those things you need to try and for me after playing the demos included, I think it's got enough games depending on who you are but it's best to try it out first since it's not cheap.

The hype is real though.

Back
Top Bottom