The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

You act like it doesn't play 90% of games on the market right now. Yes, Sony has had a better line up of exclusive games this generation, but that doesn't make it suck. It's the the best way to play that 90% of multiplatform games. I don't see how you figure they don't take it seriously as a gaming console when they've jumped through hoops and hurdles to make the most popular games from their past 2 generations run better on the current hardware, with out making you have to buy it again.

The fact that it streams and plays UHDs just makes it a more attractive product and further cements it as THE showcase device for a 4k TV, obviously you are interested in this feature but downplay the others because you don't want to spend the money on it, which is fine... but don't act like it sucks because of that.

Considering getting borderlands 2 for couch co-op. Never played a BL game before though, did you guys find them to be good?

Also, took about 5 or 6 attempts but just took down Ludwig. Wish I’d done it in less but it was still damn satisfying. I was tired when I played him and thought I have no chance after he crushed me on my first attempt. Went in on the last attempt though. I might be a bit overleveled. Was on 99 on NG. Didn’t do chalice dungeons though so my gems are normal ones.

You act like it doesn't play 90% of games on the market right now. Yes, Sony has had a better line up of exclusive games this generation, but that doesn't make it suck. It's the the best way to play that 90% of multiplatform games. I don't see how you figure they don't take it seriously as a gaming console when they've jumped through hoops and hurdles to make the most popular games from their past 2 generations run better on the current hardware, with out making you have to buy it again.

The fact that it streams and plays UHDs just makes it a more attractive product and further cements it as THE showcase device for a 4k TV, obviously you are interested in this feature but downplay the others because you don't want to spend the money on it, which is fine... but don't act like it sucks because of that.

I never said it didn't play 90% of the same games, but I also wouldn't say it's the best way to play them. I never said that I don't take them seriously as a competitor in the market or they don't take being a gaming console/company seriously. However, the people have clearly not taken them seriously through their purchasing power this generation of consoles. I think it's excellent what they've done with the backwards compatibility and Sony could learn something from them, but the fact that Sony has still killed them this generation and made people re-purchase games doesn't help your argument.

I don't think popularity equals effectiveness or "the best" and it's definitely good to have a mind/opinion of your own. People say Android sucks all the time and I actually prefer their operating system to Apple, but I can't deny Apple is the market leader and considered better.

Thank you for the rest of the comment though. You made me do research and I found out that the One S actually plays 4K Ultra HD as well. I thought it was only the One X. Still, with it being this late in the generation, I think I'll just hold out.

As for the games I play: Guilty Gear Xrd, Spiderman, King of Fighters XIV, BlazBlue CF and CTB, etc. So I guess my "anime" avi should tell you what type of games I'm interested in. So as I stated before: saying the system sucks was me speaking unfairly and possibly out of biased. It doesn't suck, but it's just not my cup of tea. I feel your pain brother, as stated I loved a failed system as well.

Imma have to give apex legends a spin. I’m down to give respawn a chance because TF gunplay in BR is enticing but watching gameplay it does look rather bland

Let’s be real, most JRPGs have “bad” acting :lol:

That said, I’m enjoying my time with KH3. It seems a lot easier than the previous games that I’ve played. I’m playing on Proud and kind of just breezing through so far.

Playing on Proud as well. Way easier than any of the previous games. They really hold your hand this whole game so far. Still fun though.

And i agree with the JRPG comment. On top of this being a Disney game with somewhat childlike lines these cut scenes are hard to sit through.

Not true.

I think.

True unfortunately...

"Our desire is to be completely open and transparent with our player base, and part of that expands to how we talk about problems, and we understand this game is gonna have a sceptical audience," McCoy told me.

"There are some people who think there are too many battle royale games or it's a fad, the world thinks we're making Titanfall 3 and we're not - this is what we're making.

Damn.

Well as long as we can get some matches one TF2.

But I know it’s early - this is my favorite royale so far. They absolutely killed it.

Looks like it’ll work with some preorders too.

36D3905A-9C50-47D6-8AD3-19E2054542BF.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought NFS: payback around Christmas... when did the NFS series get so BAD? Haven't played since Underground 2 and Most Wanted, so I was super excited to pick it up with all the mods you can do to your cars (GT Sport got boring cause of the lack of mods, bring back the old ways of GT mods/single player mode).

Anyways, NFS was horrible and extremely frustrating as the lightest tap will bounce your car way off course and then you get stuck in front of a random object on the road. Played for an hour or so, couldn't even beat the first major race smh.

So, just been playing 2K and just picked up RDR2 from the library to try.

/rant

Whatever Need For Speed Title on PS3 was alright. It might’ve been Most Wanted 2, but I will agree that nothing will top those PS2/GC/Xbox era NFS games. Most Wanted 1 is definitely my favorite.

Edit - It was NFS: The Run

Last edited:
I’ve played a few NFS titles this gen. I hate how the cars feel like they’re floating.

Most Wanted was great.
Got the plat on the Vita nd that was not a looker but the gameplay was good.

Back
Top Bottom