The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

How many flagship games were remastered for the PS4 from last gen? GTA, Uncharted, Shadow of the Colossus, Silent Hill, TLOU, KH, FF, Resident Evil, God of War the list goes on. I guess you should stop buying games now because they will all be remasters again and again.
Does this mean FF XVI is in development :nerd:

hybridsoldier23 hybridsoldier23

Anything we should be looking forward this year?

Announcement of a new game (maybe a classic game being remade like dinocrisis or syphon filter) or a new console?

There is plenty to look forward to this year. The successor to the PS4 has been announced and is being worked on. The whole “Sony has nothing to show so they pulled out of E3” is a really tired line people keep using. There are certainly games worth showing in the pipeline and they will be shown.

More and more consumers want to see or hear about a game and then be able to play it immediately or a few months later. The days of games like Kingdom Hearts 3 being announced and dropping 5/6/7 years later should be over. Developers have taken note and are saying less and less until software is very close to ready to ship because the public has had it waiting for games that take forever or don’t come out at all.

Meanwhile, people who are waiting for anything just want to bombard devs and publishers with “release date pls” over and over. Development is complicated, marketing is complicated, publishing is complicated, distribution is complicated. Every generation it gets more complicated, not less. Factor in needing to be able to carve out profit margins for shareholders and the layers keep growing.

I will say one thing. Developers are not sitting on an announced IP not doing anything with it. People who claim that games are done with development and that publishers or developers are just sitting on a product waiting months or years to release are out of their minds. If it’s not in your hands it’s being worked on. Hell even if it’s in your hands it’s being worked on (I’m looking at you RDR2 while I wait for an HDR patch).

Been working hard to get this one for a long time:

rdr2.JPG

I doubt hybrid will confirm anything. I remember him posting about how he has a high level position now so he’s watched.

Outside of some vague confirm or something that is open to be disclosed to the public he isn’t going to risk his job.

I was just listening to the Vagrant Story OST and was thinking... I'm really surprised they haven't remade this game or made a sequel for it after the success of the Dark Souls series...

Which is dumb, graphics before resolution honestly
I still think we will see better implementation of checkerboarding on next gen so that they can push graphics and not spend all their resource budget on native 4K and that's fine with me.
Horizon Zero Dawn on the pro looks so good and thats running with a 4K output.

I think graphics are fine, I wouldn’t mind a standard 60fps going forward.
I think we just need modes. I still can't see the cinematic games prioritizing 60fps on consoles but if we get modes then everyone's happy.
If DMC5 is going to be 4K/60fps on the pro then hopefully we will see more options or modes next gen.

I doubt hybrid will confirm anything. I remember him posting about how he has a high level position now so he’s watched.

Outside of some vague confirm or something that is open to be disclosed to the public he isn’t going to risk his job.

Yea I thought as much but as long as he or other devs are happy then I'm happy.

I remember hearing of PS4 devkits being 4GB RAM and some devs wanted that increased and thank goodness we got 8GB at the last minute.
I just want a nice sizeable jump for next gen and with all the recent improvements AMD have made, I think we wont be disappointed.

The Resident Evil remakes are so good

I beat both Leon/Claire and had a blast

Going to start KH3 and then go back and do their second stories

Finally got around to firing up the Tales of Vesperia DE CE I imported from Germany. Very nice packaging, 4 disc OST in a steelbook case with a few other less interesting trinkets. I sold my Xbox 360 CE for $100 or so on ebay when they first announced the remaster and was able to get the new CE for $75, so this was definitely an improvement since that only had a steelbook and 1 disc OST.

I am less impressed with the remaster of the game itself. It's nice that they finally released the international version that was previously only available on the PS3 in Japan, and for people that have never played this before because they didn't have a 360, but they really haven't did anything to improve the graphics at all, I am sure it would have looked exactly the same had they made the 360 version BC, but then they couldn't have charged $50 for it.

datboi81 datboi81 Why not get a PS4 right now? :lol:

The remastered/enhanced versions of the PS4 games will not be $20 and under (right off the bat at least).

datboi81 datboi81 Why not get a PS4 right now? :lol:

The remastered/enhanced versions of the PS4 games will not be $20 and under (right off the bat at least).

Doesn’t have 4K Ultra Blu Ray capabilities and the Xbox One X sucks so I just figure I’ll wait. If it’s Backwards compatibile, then i won’t have to worry. If it isn’t, I guess I’ll just grab a PS4 and wait until the PS5 drops down. Not too many games i want other than the fighters.

Doesn’t have 4K Ultra Blu Ray capabilities and the Xbox One X sucks so I just figure I’ll wait. If it’s Backwards compatibile, then i won’t have to worry. If it isn’t, I guess I’ll just grab a PS4 and wait until the PS5 drops down. Not too many games i want other than the fighters.

I figured you as someone that keeps OG hardware around due to your :pimp: Dreamcast collection. I hear you on the One X and I'm not heavy into the movie scene (due to Netflix).

How does the One X suck (or even the S for that matter) suck? Seems to be a common misconception by people who have anime characters as their avatars, I've noticed...

How does the One X suck (or even the S for that matter) suck? Seems to be a common misconception by people who have anime characters as their avatars, I've noticed...

I apogolize I shouldn’t say it sucks. For the types of games I’m interested in, the Xbox would be a waste of money. I’d feel shorted and limited. Sure Killer Instinct would be fun, but it’s not worth losing Street Fighter 5 over as well as the PSN games from previous PS Consoles.

Now as for speaking objectively, it’s sales speak for itself being a failure. Then again you’re looking at a guy who’s favorite console is the Dreamcast, but if people told me “it sucked,” I could see why because it failed as well.

slaughterx slaughterx Sorry fam, but it is weak compared to the PS4 in this particular generation. I've got an 'ish tonne of X360 games and 2 iterations of the X360 hardware. Absolutely loved it, but MS seemed to forget that it's a 'console' or a 'video game' and aren't interested in putting out decent content. You can have the best hardware, technical specifications - but you need games period.

Back
Top Bottom