The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

How so? Game is solid overall for what it’s trying he be. Only thing they haven’t been too clear about and how they get people to keep playing long term is the end game.

EA poured a lot of resources into this game. They sacrificed ME: Andromeda so that Bioware's A team could focus solely on this IP. I ran through two hours of the game yesterday and found it boring and a chore to finish at times. There's no enthusiasm from the community over Anthem. I posted a video on my Twitter account and followers said it looked like Destiny.

And it’s not like destiny. The gun play isn’t crisp at all in my opinion where in destiny that is the one piece that makes it shine and where bungie ****s on every other developer.

Now to get back to anthem you probably aren’t playing it right. It’s a game based on abilities where the guns come second. It’s about priming a target (say freezing it) then unload an R1 hit or your up ability. Now when your abilities recharge you can use your guns but guns shouldn’t be your primary damage. By doing combos with abilities your finishing up ability recharged even faster.

Second of all like Ohleo said, it’s a MMO looter so I don’t see where the problem lies? It’s exsctly as it was advertised to be. Plus Andromeda is considered probably one of the worse games Bioware has done in recent years so I don’t see your anger there

The only think I can critique is the performance of the beta.

Server and frame rate issues.

But it is also the beta and things that we know will be ironed out.

And it’s not like destiny. The gun play isn’t crisp at all in my opinion where in destiny that is the one piece that makes it shine and where bungie ****s on every other developer.

Now to get back to anthem you probably aren’t playing it right. It’s a game based on abilities where the guns come second. It’s about priming a target (say freezing it) then unload an R1 hit or your up ability. Now when your abilities recharge you can use your guns but guns shouldn’t be your primary damage. By doing combos with abilities your finishing up ability recharged even faster.

Second of all like Ohleo said, it’s a MMO looter so I don’t see where the problem lies? It’s exsctly as it was advertised to be. Plus Andromeda is considered probably one of the worse games Bioware has done in recent years so I don’t see your anger there

Andromeda failed because out of the five year scope, it had 18 months of development time by a team that has never done a full AAA title. They were the DLC team. This is well documented that Bioware's A team was put on this IP.

I've played The Division as well. Got rid of it after a month. I'm not some new jack who expected to be blown away. The E3 reveal got a very lukewarm reception. I'm not the only one who feels this way about the game.

Andromeda failed because out of the five year scope, it had 18 months of development time by a team that has never done a full AAA title. They were the DLC team. This is well documented that Bioware's A team was put on this IP.

I've played The Division as well. Got rid of it after a month. I'm not some new jack who expected to be blown away. The E3 reveal got a very lukewarm reception. I'm not the only one who feels this way about the game.

So you didn’t like the division which is another looter shooter and then said well maybe anthem is different maybe I’ll like this? Do you see your shortfall? Maybe you just aren’t built for that MMO type game life which is perfectly understandable.

Everyone of us gravitates to certain games. Now I probably won’t buy anthem because the end game feels boring based on what they said. If it’s just harder strongholds then it’s just meh to me. But at the same time to totally **** on the game isn’t fair because the game seems fine. Plus this is an old build of the game. Probably from November-September if it was my guess.

D Double D Double did you just say that the PS4 will breeze by the PS2 or do you mean they’ll breeze by the Wii and PS1?

I don’t know when we’ll see another system surpass the PS2. Backwards compatibility and cheapest DVD player around at the time of release just might be a little too much for a new console to overcome.

I meant breeze by Wii and PS1 :lol:
PS2 is too high a target. Consoles these days have way too much in them to be sold for $99 like the PS2.

That being said PS4 is ahead of the PS2 for the same time frame and has been $299 for ages so who knows :nerd:

I think when it's all said and done PS4 will land around 120-130 million LTD.

I meant breeze by Wii and PS1 :lol:
PS2 is too high a target. Consoles these days have way too much in them to be sold for $99 like the PS2.

That being said PS4 is ahead of the PS2 for the same time frame and has been $299 for ages so who knows :nerd:

I think when it's all said and done PS4 will land around 120-130 million LTD.

AppropriateScentedBlackfly-small.gif

All this Anthem talk reminded me of the PS5 reddit leak from the guy who leaked that Sony wasn't going to have an E3 conference.

This is the bit about Anthem:
upload_2019-2-2_18-37-11.png

I haven't played the game but wondered how the performance of the beta is.
I'm basically trying to verify the leak :lol:

For those who missed it here's the compilation of the leaks.
  • PlayStation Experience will return in 2019
  • Dev Kits are already available
  • PS5 will run 4k with 60 FPS
  • Sony’s E3 2019 cancellation is because they have nothing new to show
  • PS5 will be revealed in mid-2019
  • PS5 announcement will be in 1 year and release in 1.5 or 2 years
  • Games like Death Stranding and The Last of Us Part 2 will come on PS5. Developers have PS5 dev kits and EA is already testing Anthem on it which might get delayed once again.
  • Death Stranding, The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tshushima will be the launch titles of PS5
  • The above-mentioned games don’t have a release date yet so they might end up coming on PS5
  • Recently released Red Dead Redemption 2 will be ported to PS5 sometime in March of 2020
  • PS5 specs consist of Ryzen 8 core and the price is $500. PS VR 2 will have a processing box built inside the console. Built-in camera too, also for DS5.
  • Ape Escape 4 confirmed
  • Bloodborne 2 is not happening anytime soon
  • Most of the PS4 titles will be on PS5
  • PSV instead of PS5

https://segmentnext.com/2018/11/17/playstation-5-release-date-announcment/

Obviously take with a grain of salt.

What are you trying to confirm about Anthem? That it runs terrible on consoles?
Naw we really want a release date for PS5 so we can know when to stop buying games that will definitely be remastered next gen. Information on Final Fantasy XVI would be dope too :pimp:

Naw we really want a release date for PS5 so we can know when to stop buying games that will definitely be remastered next gen. Information on Final Fantasy XVI would be dope too :pimp:

How many flagship games were remastered for the PS4 from last gen? GTA, Uncharted, Shadow of the Colossus, Silent Hill, TLOU, KH, FF, Resident Evil, God of War the list goes on. I guess you should stop buying games now because they will all be remasters again and again.

hybridsoldier23 hybridsoldier23

Anything we should be looking forward this year?

Announcement of a new game (maybe a classic game being remade like dinocrisis or syphon filter) or a new console?

Back
Top Bottom