The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Personally I’ve been trying to get away from calling stuff “overrated”. Some things just aren’t for me or as good to me as they are to the masses. Case in point, Zelda BotW imo, is a fairly decent game but no where near as revolutionary as it’s critics would suggest.
I couldn’t really get into BoTW either. I think it’s because I made the mistake of playing it after beating Red Dead 2 and I was fully immersed in that game. Zelda just felt so blah afterwards

I couldn’t really get into BoTW either. I think it’s because I made the mistake of playing it after beating Red Dead 2 and I was fully immersed in that game. Zelda just felt so blah afterwards
Another game with a huge open world that feels empty imo. Why not make the map a bit smaller and just fill it up with people, enemies, things to do etc.

I feel like there’s almost too much to do :lol:
People say this about every open world. What exactly is there to do? If you’re talking about the freedom to whatever you want, that doesn’t sell a game for me. I don’t care if I can just randomly go fishing or go chop down trees to build a house :lol:

Rockstar need to change things up.

The mission structures have became way too rigid. Big *** open worlds but you have to do missions in the exact way they want or instant fail.

MGSV was really good but it took FOREVER to pick up. Once you got that hang of everything it was lots of fun.
I don't blame people for giving up or not liking it tho.

BOTW was amazing. I had no issues at all with that game.

RDR2 was good but that game was overwhelming. It was too big and the story kind of dragged on. It kind of became a chore to finish and when I did I never played it again.

MGSV was really good but it took FOREVER to pick up. Once you got that hang of everything it was lots of fun.
I don't blame people for giving up or not liking it tho.

BOTW was amazing. I had no issues at all with that game.

RDR2 was good but that game was overwhelming. It was too big and the story kind of dragged on. It kind of became a chore to finish and when I did I never played it again.
The biggest issue with RDR2 was they didn’t, and still don’t, have the online mode ready to go so people were stuck playing the story mode and burning out on that. They’re still updating the GTA V online so you’d think they’d have had an idea of what they had to do with RDR2 by release but it’s like they didn’t put any attention to it until the last minute.

Zelda has been meh since LttP and MGS has been meh since 3. MGS2 was garbage as well. GTA has been pretty consistent, but I think, other than the PSP games, that San Andreas was the weakest (unpopular opinion).

In the 18 years MGS2 has been out, I’ve heard many opinions and it’s been called many things, but this is truly the first time I’ve ever heard anyone call it “Garbage.” Unpopular opinions are cool, but that’s definitely a first.

Red dead was definitely too big for its own good. 10 minutes real life time just to arrive at a mission got old real quick.

Red dead was definitely too big for its own good. 10 minutes real life time just to arrive at a mission got old real quick.

Damn millienials. LAZY as usual.

I don't know why people are complaining about this now when R* has been doing this with the GTA maps as far back as GTA San Andreas.

I blame Ubisoft and the Assains Creed games style and map of open world, story, and mission variety on why people b*tch and complain about R* produced games recently with GTA V and now RDR 2.

Competition is good but the problem I have with Ubisoft produced open world games: Assains, Far Cry, Watchdogs is that they seriously gimp their games on graphics, lack of story, micro transaction all of their content with "season passes" which you will have to pay for in order to get the complete game.

R* for all the hate and complaints they get with GTA Online or RDR 2 Online they seriously release the best free content updates. But the hate stems from the grind systems online which lead people for looking for glitches constantly or people dumb enough and pay for shark cards or gold bars.

Last edited:
RDR is boring, I dunno why I got caught up in the hype and bought it, didn't even care for the first game.

I got a PS4 Pro this past Christmas with RDR2 bundled with it. Sold the game right away as I know I wouldn't enjoy it. Felt good saving some money on the purchase. :smokin :smokin :smokin

Another game with a huge open world that feels empty imo. Why not make the map a bit smaller and just fill it up with people, enemies, things to do etc.

Amen on this, move to a 'hub' structure or even make the game linear if it allows for a more organic experience.

RDR2 is bad ***, yall just like **** instantly, like previously mentioned only negative is online play
It ain't about stuff being "instant" but some of the animations took way too damn long i.e. taking a bath the first couple of times was cool but after a while, sitting there watching Arthur get a hand job for 5 real-time minutes gets really old. Not to mention, all Rockstar games protagonists move like tanks. It's a great game, but it ain't flawless.

It ain't about stuff being "instant" but some of the animations took way too damn long i.e. taking a bath the first couple of times was cool but after a while, sitting there watching Arthur get a hand job for 5 real-time minutes gets really old. Not to mention, all Rockstar games protagonists move like tanks. It's a great game, but it ain't flawless.

There's a fine line between immersion and realism as far as video games go. You try to get too detailed and intricate with your character models and animations then you take away the 'fun' aspect of the 'game'.

Back
Top Bottom