The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Screenshot_20200120-123434_Instagram.jpg

If true, they might as well cancel the current gen versions and make this a ps5/xsex launch title.

If true, they might as well cancel the current gen versions and make this a ps5/xsex launch title.
Yeah no way am I getting this on current gen :lol:

Just delay everything minus Final Fantasy VII Remake and launch it with PS5.

A lil shade from Colin :nerd:

:lol:

Who's he referring to? I don't listen to any other gaming podcasts except The Beastcast. It really picked up speed once Austin left and they got Dan and Abby. I used to listen to the Bombcast regularly as well but it really fell off when Dan and Drew left. And looks like I'm not the only one who shares that opinion.

Got my JRPG out of the way for January; finished FF8 Remaster. In my top five for the series, but I am still adamant that if they had gotten rid of enemy scaling, it would be top 3.

I think I am going to still try and get through FFXV Pocket Edition in January.

Got my JRPG out of the way for January; finished FF8 Remaster. In my top five for the series, but I am still adamant that if they had gotten rid of enemy scaling, it would be top 3.

I think I am going to still try and get through FFXV Pocket Edition in January.
I haven’t even started mine yet. I’m studying for some certificate exams that I have coming up. Between that and Apex, not sure I’ll get one for January. I’ll have to definitely do 2 in February though.

Did you get the plat?

Who's he referring to? I don't listen to any other gaming podcasts except The Beastcast. It really picked up speed once Austin left and they got Dan and Abby. I used to listen to the Bombcast regularly as well but it really fell off when Dan and Drew left. And looks like I'm not the only one who shares that opinion.

It's vague, but if you know his backstory you can kind of infer.

Colin and Greg Miller started at IGN and ran an extremely popular PS3/4 podcast called Beyond. They left to form Kinda Funny, and Beyond was taken over by a rotating cast, however, quickly became apparent it was not the same.

IGN also ran several other podcasts, all of which raise and fell in popularity (Gamescoop, Nintendo Voice Chat, 38 different Xbox podcasts)

At Kinda Funny, Greg and Colin started a new PS podcast (PS I love You) after their non-compete ended. They ran this podcast, which again became extremely popular, until Colin left the company due to a tweet making light of Women in the Workplace day or something. Kinda Funny killled the podcast but had a Game Daily show they released as a daily podcast.

Colin started his own company, did some American history stuff, then started Sacred Symbols with a you-tuber, Chris Ray Gun. It's risen in popularity.

Last month Kinda Funny (Greg) brought back PS I love you, kept the name the same, and hired another person to co-host. Colin addressed it in his show, but Greg and Colin are not friends anymore and you can tell there is pettiness and jealousy on both sides.

All rumors, but apparently Colin's departure from KF hit the company fairly hard, but they appear to be doing well now.

I haven’t even started mine yet. I’m studying for some certificate exams that I have coming up. Between that and Apex, not sure I’ll get one for January. I’ll have to definitely do 2 in February though.

Did you get the plat?

Yes sir; the 3x Speed and no encounters make it so, so nice. Omega weapon caused me some trouble but I rejunctioned some stats and walked through him.

Kept my save for Triple Triad. :lol:

I couldn't get into ffVIII but I own it so I might as well run through it again.

my top 5...no order

ffVII
ffVI
ffIX
ffV
ffIV or X...

X was cool but blitzball bored me to tears, lightning dodging was tridash, the chocobo thing...………………………….
all of that made me want to break the game in half. plus it introduced us to what would become hallway fantasy XIII...eh...
but the music for the most part was cool and I liked the characters.

Yea that's a pretty standard top 5. People switch the order, and I always argue Tactics should be included, but V-X was the hey-day.

III no one in NA played until 2000's, IV is a slog at points, and I and II are fun but have aged a little poorly. XI-XV are fine. XII being the single great exception.

Yes sir; the 3x Speed and no encounters make it so, so nice. Omega weapon caused me some trouble but I rejunctioned some stats and walked through him.

Kept my save for Triple Triad. :lol:
Nice. Omega gave me some trouble as well, totally caught me off guard.
I couldn't get into ffVIII but I own it so I might as well run through it again.

my top 5...no order

ffVII
ffVI
ffIX
ffV
ffIV or X...

X was cool but blitzball bored me to tears, lightning dodging was tridash, the chocobo thing...………………………….
all of that made me want to break the game in half. plus it introduced us to what would become hallway fantasy XIII...eh...
but the music for the most part was cool and I liked the characters.
I guess those things could make or break the game if you want to 100% it but none of those were really required outside of a few spots. Blitzball might be the best FF mini game, imo. I was addicted once I figured out how to recruit and build my roster up. FF X is in my top 3, as of today.

Yea that's a pretty standard top 5. People switch the order, and I always argue Tactics should be included, but V-X was the hey-day.

III no one in NA played until 2000's, IV is a slog at points, and I and II are fun but have aged a little poorly. XI-XV are fine. XII being the single great exception.
I started Fell Seal and only played a few minutes. I never played Tactics despite owning it. Which would you recommend playing first? I’d probably play Tactics on the Vita so I could maybe play on lunch breaks too.

Still not buying The Show until maybe next year for PS5. I'll play this years version if it becomes free again on PS+ like last year with MLB 19

I started Fell Seal and only played a few minutes. I never played Tactics despite owning it. Which would you recommend playing first? I’d probably play Tactics on the Vita so I could maybe play on lunch breaks too.

FF Tactics and Tactics Ogre are by far the best tactical RPG's. If you can, play the FF Tactics War of the Lions version, as it adds some nice touches. (Balthier from FF XII, some refined FMV's, ect)

That said, I played about 10 hours of Fell Seal and it is very good. The quality of life additions with it being a 2019 release might make it easier to jump into, but I think it's way longer than either FF or Tactics Ogre. I plan to get back to Fell Seal very soon. (Destiny Shadowkeep pulled me away).

Go with Tactics, WotL version if you can. If not, the original still holds up.

Back
Top Bottom