The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

As much as I want PS5 news, I’m cool with waiting. Once it’s officially revealed that wait is going to seem like forever :lol:

Of course, take with a grain of salt.

Hmmm...

Holding out until April. I don't think so with TLOU II scheduled to release a month after.

Both Sony and MS will be using them as virtual RAM so it will be more than just loading times that will benefit.

Sony's SSD (if thats what you want to call it) is already well documented so there's no need to go in to that very much. It's going to be phenomenal all around. Microsoft has something a little more ambiguous in terms of how it'll handle memory read/write/processing. Just watch, neither will disappoint.

Well documented?
There's no info about their SSD. It's one of the things they sound most proud of but tight lipped at the same time. Unless there's a link to something you've read.

All they've said is it will be faster than what is available on PC. They made this comment in April last year before PCIE Gen 4 nVME SSD's were out which can pump out 5GB/s.
Gen 3 nVME's SSD's were doing about 3.5 GB/s at the time. If MS is using a Gen 3 PCIE SSD then they could potentially be down a couple GB/s in speed. That been said, that will still blow away hard disks in our current consoles.

MS might have gone with more money towards the GPU and got a cheaper SSD with Sony potentially going the other way round.

It is wild out there. People make YouTube videos about other YouTube videos.

or make 15 minute videos speculating what a tweet from a game developer or industry person made :lol:

ResetERA is practically the same. Only difference is you get banned faster :lol:

Have you been to GAF lately?

Maybe you wouldn’t notice it if you only stayed in gaming (where even there activity had fallen off a cliff, and nobody reputable seems to be on there any more)

Off-topic is full of the unsavory types that GAF swore off until the founder got called out for being a creep and everyone else left.

Last edited:
Have you been to GAF lately?

Maybe you wouldn’t notice it if you only stayed in gaming (where even there activity had fallen off a cliff, and nobody reputable seems to be on there any more)

Off-topic is full of the unsavory types that GAF swore off until the founder got called out for being a creep and everyone else left.
I can’t say I have. I just know that there are a lot of “interesting” people with odd egos on ERA :lol:

I just go there for some gaming news since I’m off of social media.

Back
Top Bottom