The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Not saying its legit or completely false but I for 1 love reading all the speculation and supposed leaks, since we will eventually get the truth and it's fun to speculate on PS5. That being said someone dropped some tidbits about PS5 on reddit

things that stood out to me and are crazy specific features:

the entire post in the

Different states of the same game?

I have a hard time finding that useful and therefore have a hard time believing it to be true

That list is fake simply because those launch games are too good to be true :lol:

Wonder if ps+ games will be for the PS4 and PS5 after the launch.

I like the idea of building a library for a system I don't even own yet.

Really enjoyed Killzone 2s multiplayer on PS3 so I might give the franchise another shot.

Hope we get GTA 6 as a launch title.

I wonder if 2k is going to do another next gen trailer this summer like they did with 2k14

It just sounds like what save files already do
The way I'm thinking about it is if I'm playing manager mode or something in FIFA and mid match someone comes over or wants to play or I get an invite online. I could suspend this instance, play a different match and without restarting or going back through the menu I can pick up where I left off which I think is pretty cool. I could be completely wrong though.

The way I'm thinking about it is if I'm playing manager mode or something in FIFA and mid match someone comes over or wants to play or I get an invite online. I could suspend this instance, play a different match and without restarting or going back through the menu I can pick up where I left off which I think is pretty cool. I could be completely wrong though.

You could just save that manager mode game, go online and play, and then load that save which will be super fast off the ssd

I guess I kinda get it, but it just seems weird for the same game, like a waste of space and I dont expect these ssds to be huge

other games make more sense

Last edited:
i been thinking about the potential pricing of the next gen systems and came to the conclusion that i’d be fine with paying the premium for the specs they’re offering.

i go by cost per play meaning i game every night. and compared to the money i spend on other ****... if they charged 500 that would be a steal compared to the use i would get from it

told yall
the price drop BEGINS

PS4 Deal: Save $100 on PlayStation 4 Pro
Get a shiny new PS4 Pro for just $299 at Walmart.

Brian Barnett
By Brian Barnett
Updated: 17 Jan 2020 9:58 am
Posted: 17 Jan 2020 9:58 am

From a history of storied franchises to explosive exclusives, PlayStation is an excellent place to play. If you've been waiting to get your own PlayStation 4 Slim or PlayStation 4 Pro, now is an excellent time to jump on board, and if you simply need an upgrade or are looking for sales on some of the best games of the generation... well, we've got you covered there, too.

Check out these Walmart deals and you can save $100 on a PS4 Pro and a whole lot more.
Best Deal: PS4 Pro (1TB) for $299
commerce artwork
PlayStation 4 Pro (1TB)
On Walmart
See It

If you don't yet have a PlayStation, or you want to upgrade to the more powerful PS4 Pro, right now you can save $100 on the Pro at Walmart. While it normally goes for $399, you can snag this one for just $299 and get free two-day delivery.

That leak is too good to be true.

BC on PS1, 2, 3 and 4 games? I just don't see it.

I do believe the reveal is happening on the 5th and preorders will go live that day as well.

$599 wouldn’t bother me, but I do think I’m in the minority in feeling that way.

Also, while people do spend a grip on phones, I think there are a couple of key differences there. One, a phone at $1100 is simply a better value than a console at $599 based on usage case scenarios: I can call my mom, browse NT, pay bills, scan documents, use GPS, take photos/videos, etc. A console is mostly for games and movies, videos.

the second difference, which these console makers should adopt, is few people have to shell out full MSRP for a phone at purchase, it’s either rolled into the plan or some other installment payment system. If Sony and MS could find a way to split a console price over 36 months, they could easily get the consumer to stomach 599-699.
But surely this wouldn't be done without some type of interest. The difference in cell phone plans rolling that money in to your bill is they're already over charging you for "services/connection" so there's no need to charge interest.
Wife would kill me if I opened up a line of credit for a playstation.
I'd almost be better off just putting it on a credit card i have and collecting the points.

MS actually has a program that allows you to purchase an Xbox and make payments for up to 48 months. I believe they also already have a pln implemented for Xbox Series X.

Didn’t pre-orders go live for PS4 after E3? I’d be cool with securing PS5 in February. I’ll probably order two just in case there’s some BS. Gamestop and Target hopefully.

That leak is too good to be true.

BC on PS1, 2, 3 and 4 games? I just don't see it.

It depends on whether it is native backwards compatibility or backwards compatibility via emulation. If it's the first one, then it would be too good to be true. If it's the latter, then it's not that big of a deal IMO, because you'll have certain games that won't be able to run, games that run flawed, etc.

i know this isnt the tv thread. but is anyone against getting an open box TV from best buy?
most of those usually are just people who opened it and decided not to keep it right?

i know this isnt the tv thread. but is anyone against getting an open box TV from best buy?
most of those usually are just people who opened it and decided not to keep it right?

Yea, don't see an issue.

Wait until Superbowl week, they'll be cheaper.

Last edited:
Post from a Reddit post earlier today that was leaked that has now been deleted.

Take with grain of salt.

“The event:

-The event will be held at the Sony hall theatre on the 12th of February. Expect a short teaser to come out in the next two weeks.

-The press already knows about it and they will be able to test games and write articles. There will be a lot of news and iterviews with key figures like Mark Cerny and Hermen Hulst.

-The event will be presented by Geoff Keighley and it will be a very big show. After all you have to consider that Sony has been quiet for quite sometime now.

-Sony's strategy has been that not to reveal everything in one shot. Things like price, launch date and shape of the console will still be unknown after the PS meeting.

Specs:

-CPU: 8 core/16 threads at 3.6 ghz based on a Zen 2 architecture

-GPU: "Big Navi"/RDNA1 based with some features from RDNA2 like RT and VRS, 12.2 TF at 1.8 ghz

-Memory: 18GB DDR6 at 576gb/s and 4gb of DDR4 for the OS (Sorry HBM believers)

-1 TB SSD. The SSD is a proprietary solution similar to a cartridge and you will be able to purchase them separately in a way similar to an old memory card from the PS2 era(1tb, 2tb and 3 tb variants). It is very fast: 5gb/s

-It has a separate RT core just for the audio, this is something that Cerny and the audio people at Sony (Audiokinetic) insisted on. A new headphones will be made from Sony, specifically designed for the ray traced audio in PS5 games.

-Overall, the PS5 is a much more balanced machine than the PS4 pro. This is much more important than just brute force as devs will be able squeeze much much more from the hardware.

Games:

-First game announced for the PS5 will be from Bluepoint, Demon's Souls.

The trailer will start with a dragon flying through the ruins of an ancient city before landing on a bridge destroying part of it, the camera will then move to a character in a knight armor. The dragon will spit fire at the knight that will be parrying it with his shield.

The trailer ends with a voice saying "The old one is calling for thee" revealing the Demon's souls logo, available at launch.

Very impressive tech on showcase:, RT reflection all over the knight's armor

-Ubisoft will announce their new AC title, Assasin's Creed: Kingdom. As you already know it is set in northern europe with historical and mythological elements. The trailer is not really a trailer but a long gameplay (10+ mins).

The game focuses on being a better RPG than its predecessors with multiple endings and more meaningful choices for better roleplay. Immersion is also a big focus, Ubisoft has created a believable world based on the kingdom of Ragnar Sigurdsson (better known as Lothbrok) as king of Denmark.

NPCs have realistic routines and behaviours based on multiple situations they can be found in (finding shelter from the rain, fleeing their village after a raid from enemy soldiers are some examples).

All animations have been enhanced. Now the main character (male or female like in Odyssey) moves differently based on the enviroments they are in. Animations are really similar to something you can find in a ND game with the character touching the wall at their side if they get to close it or struggling to walk through snow or mud.

As many other games, AC:Kingdom will use the haptic triggers to simulate the action of pulling the rope of a bow or swinging an heavy weapon.

There are levels, but they are handled like in Skyrim or Kingdom come where you don't require a certain level to enter an area or fight a boss. Here you can access the whole world from the start and fight all the enemies, of course it will be very hard because your character will be very unexperienced and at first they will handle certain weapons with struggle, it will get better the more they use them.

I got mentioned something about ray tracing being used to eliminate clipping of the various clothes on the character's bodies, but I don't know anything other than it may be a thing on the next gen versions of the game.

Specs:

-CPU: 8 core/16 threads at 3.6 ghz based on a Zen 2 architecture

-GPU: "Big Navi"/RDNA1 based with some features from RDNA2 like RT and VRS, 12.2 TF at 1.8 ghz

-Memory: 18GB DDR6 at 576gb/s and 4gb of DDR4 for the OS (Sorry HBM believers)

-1 TB SSD. The SSD is a proprietary solution similar to a cartridge and you will be able to purchase them separately in a way similar to an old memory card from the PS2 era(1tb, 2tb and 3 tb variants). It is very fast: 5gb/s

-It has a separate RT core just for the audio, this is something that Cerny and the audio people at Sony (Audiokinetic) insisted on. A new headphones will be made from Sony, specifically designed for the ray traced audio in PS5 games.

-Overall, the PS5 is a much more balanced machine than the PS4 pro. This is much more important than just brute force as devs will be able squeeze much much more from the hardware.

So rumor of XSeX coming in at 10 tera flops makes sense why the higher end model will be $599

Back
Top Bottom