The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still waiting on my PS5(s) from Wal-Mart to ship that should have been delivered yesterday. Meanwhile, I have $400 worth of useless games and accessories just sitting here. :l

9B845EB3-34B4-41B2-8370-9E189EA03E21.jpeg

Nice surprise from Best Buy and got it delivered today. Ordered it on Thursday and was suppose to get it next Tuesday.

Gonna hold off doing the SSD purchase until Black Friday, hopefully the price will come down a bit by then.

Gonna hold off doing the SSD purchase until Black Friday, hopefully the price will come down a bit by then.

I was going to do the same. But pulled the trigger now because I honestly don't see a big drop in price anytime soon for 2 reasons: Chip shortage due to this pandemic and also the demand for these gen 4 ssd's now that Sony released the firmware update to allow using these.

I don't thnik the "chip shortage" has anything to do with SSDs. Eventually they will get cheaper as they start selling more and find ways to lower production costs... so, thanks for your service!

Serious question: Is anyone still playing Avengers? How was the Black Panther DLC?

Serious question: Is anyone still playing Avengers? How was the Black Panther DLC?

I was playing it up until about 2 weeks ago when I got stuck on a Kate Bishop DLC mission. I'd be down to run some co-op with some NT'ers

I just realized, Kena Bridge of Spirits literally drops in two days and there has been absolute radio silence on it.

No reviews or anything.

Kinda disconcerting as I was looking forward to that game.

I started having an issue with my midnight black dual sense controller that I bought off playstation direct where while I was playing GoT Directors Cut the frickin emote menu would randomly keep popping up while I was playing the game. I waited it out until after installing the latest PS5 and dual sense firmware updates. Still didn't fix the issue. I'm pretty sure something went bad with the touch/swipe pad on the controller. I didn't want to go through hassell of calling Sony's terrible customer service and support to try and sending it in and getting it replaced since it's still under warranty.

Only saving best option next was I went to my local Gamestop and sold it back to them and they gave me $45 for it. Yeah I know not a great price considering I bought it for $70+ tax but better than nothing and being stuck with a bad dual sense controller. I traded it in and used the credit for a used cosmic red dual sense for $59 when that controller is normally $74 brand new. So I ended up spending $14.Also if this used cosmic red dual sense is bad I can return and get my money back from GS. Gamestop is also the only retail store I know that you can sell or trade in controllers. BB I know does not, Amazon might do it.

Funny thing is I at first I was not a fan of the cosmic red dual sense but now seeing it in person I like it better than the midnight black dual sense controller :lol:

Picked up the Blair Witch game on sale the other day and it’s not bad actually. Was gonna hold off till October to play it but I still have resident evil village downloaded ready to go and house of ashes releases next month

Install went smooth. This gen 4 ssd is so damn fast. When I transferred huge PS5 games like Avengers 97 GB’s and FF VII remake 81 GB’s to the internal expansion ssd .

D47DAA7E-C887-4B51-B0CB-51B1CADF7AA1.jpeg

71B595AE-036D-4622-BB64-80BAF13F270A.jpeg

Now just re installing and downloading Demon’s Souls, Doom Eternal, Borderlands 3, Sackboy, Spiderman Miles Morales, Crash Bandicot 4 and whatever is in my backlog of games.

Last edited:
Picked up the Blair Witch game on sale the other day and it’s not bad actually. Was gonna hold off till October to play it but I still have resident evil village downloaded ready to go and house of ashes releases next month

Other horror games I'd recommend are Outlast 1 & 2 and Until Dawn.

Sabrent 4 1TB Rocket Plus

Probably the cheapest one out right now.

If you really want to take the time to look into it. This guy has a crazy detailed website and youtube channel all about SSD's and storage:

a lot of good information in this article as well

but my problem after looking for some time for a 1tb model is finding a one with a heatsink already installed.

looks like I would have to install my own heatsink

also saw Samsung 980 is releasing a model with a heatsink for the ps5

Back
Top Bottom