The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B
It's actually had some hype around it because its the main challenger to the Steam Deck. Only thing that can compete with it on pricing for the specs.

Personally, I would take it over the Steam Deck.
There's pro's and cons for both devices but for the hardware, I think the Asus wins. 120Hz 1080p screen with a better panel and better chipset.

asus-rog-ally-steamdeck-chart-1683638292314.png

I also prefer having Windows than Linux. More compatible games and no need to dual boot. You will probably have a better time with Switch emulators and xbox stuff too.
Steam Deck QOL is more refined though which could be why they went Linux.

$700 though sheeesh. These PC Handhelds are not cheap at all.

Bra check ur BestBuy. Called mine in, they got the Rog ally on display for demoing. Think I'm in fr fr.

So... funny story about the SSD. Someone posted in on this thread and I saw it and thought about it... ultimately decided I wanted it... but for my main PC. Hooked it up and tried installing Windows and it just would not work. Tried reformatting, messing with BIOS settings and all types of crap but ultimately I just threw it in my PS4 and it worked. Now that the OS is installed on system memory upgrading the memory now is easier than ever.

Ended up putting the 2TB drive from my PS5 in my PC upstairs, and then I switched around the the GPUs too because I think my 3070 was drawing too much power from the HP in the living room. I didn't finish getting the SSD screwed into that PC until this afternoon. I was getting super heated trying to place the screw on top of the pillar in order to secure down the SSD to the motherboard. It really just made me appreciate how much easier all this was on the PS5. On another note, I don't think I will be upgrading the SSD on the PC upstairs ever again.

So... funny story about the SSD. Someone posted in on this thread and I saw it and thought about it... ultimately decided I wanted it... but for my main PC. Hooked it up and tried installing Windows and it just would not work. Tried reformatting, messing with BIOS settings and all types of crap but ultimately I just threw it in my PS4 and it worked. Now that the OS is installed on system memory upgrading the memory now is easier than ever.

Ended up putting the 2TB drive from my PS5 in my PC upstairs, and then I switched around the the GPUs too because I think my 3070 was drawing too much power from the HP in the living room. I didn't finish getting the SSD screwed into that PC until this afternoon. I was getting super heated trying to place the screw on top of the pillar in order to secure down the SSD to the motherboard. It really just made me appreciate how much easier all this was on the PS5. On another note, I don't think I will be upgrading the SSD on the PC upstairs ever again.
it's easy if you are that acquainted with the work ethic. also, it helps to know what you are doing with efficiency.

1685991900533.png

1685993084538.png

1685994571446.png

No controls, all hand gestures.

No VR games, just Apple Arcade on a flat screen with dualsense support.

Each screen > 4K with HDR.

2 hour Battery life when tethered to external Battery.

I was hoping they will have gaming to bring up the whole space but nothing. Not sure what third party devs can do without motion controllers.
Hopefully the Apple fanboys buy this and make a bunch of noise to prop up the whole VR space but at that price, it's going to be tough.

VR reminding me of the Vita. Great hardware and software but no one cares. Will be criminal if GT has no more games with VR support after GT7.

Last edited:
1685991900533.png

1685993084538.png

No controls, all hand gestures.

No VR games, just Apple Arcade on a flat screen with dualsense support.

Each screen > 4K with HDR.

2 hour Battery life when tethered to external Battery.

I was hoping they will have gaming to bring up the whole space but nothing. Not sure what third party devs can do without motion controllers.
Hopefully the Apple fanboys buy this and make a bunch of noise to prop up the whole VR space but at that price, it's going to be tough.

VR reminding me of the Vita. Great hardware but no one cares. Will be criminal if GT has no more games with VR support after GT7.
I believe it's cheaper if you just buy the VR Simulator machine that includes the head visor and seat simulator.

Went to GS to inquire about a last mim D4 preorder... looks like they didnt even get enough steelbooks in for preorders. Ill just wait for it to hit GamePass.

What are y'all expectations for what's gonna be reveal at the Summer Game Fest this week?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom