The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I typically only play one single player adventure game at a time, any of y’all ever able to manage playing multiple and completing them?

I’ve in the last two weeks dabbled in Avengers, Demon’s Souls, Crash 4, Ac: Origins, Spider-Man MM, and KH 1.5 :lol:. Started AC and MM last night, could see myself sticking with those. But also tempted to start Stray.

Depending on the genre I can play at least two. The problem I usually have is that I enjoy one a lot more than the other and end up abandoning the second game until I finish the first.

I always only play one.
I like to be locked in to the story
and make sure I give the game it's proper due.
So if I didn't like it I could pinpoint exactly why and not pin it on some other game I'm digging.

I tried doing this w/ gotg and FFR7 Intergrade and Celeste
I quickly dropped intergrade and Celeste because I just finished FF7R and wanted to make sure I gave gotg a fair chance. The 2nd game has to be a racing,2k or THPS.

This is a pet peeve of mine as well.

Sony could've held off the announcement of the next Spider-Man game and the new Wolverine one until next year.

Those games ain't dropping until 2024 the earliest.

I understand COVID happened/is happening. I just wish developers and publishers would stop announcing games so early knowing damn well they aren’t anywhere close to being finished. 18 months out would be the sweet spot for me.

I can think of one good reason why you announce games early : leaks. Would you rather see a Wolverine/Spiderman 2 teaser in a state of play or read a tweet that Wolverine and Spiderman 2 are in development at Insomniac?

And it's not like we all didn't know Spiderman 2 is in development. What's it hurt for a teaser at this point?

I mean, Marvel Studios is more than happy to reveal Phase _ every few comic-cons, surely we can handle knowing what video games are in the pipeline in the next 1-5 years.

Early in a new console gen especially you're gonna see games get announced early because you want to build excitement around the new console. You want people to get a taste of what's to come or else millions of "no games" tweets and articles will be out there.

I still play COD and will be there day one MW2 but COD doesn’t feel like a must have, to me. I know it sells a lot but I feel like COD hasn’t been must have since maybe BLOPS 2?

I understand COD is still huge but this ain’t COD from PS3/360 gen. Sony shouldn’t trip. MS already said they’d keep it on other platforms.

COD has pretty much been THE FPS each year since 2015 :lol:

It's as must-have of a game as you can get.
I mean it’s the only one that comes out every year :lol:

I also should have clarified I meant COD as a traditional game isn’t what it once was. Warzone is where it’s at and it’s free to play, with cross play. MS ain’t pulling that off of other platforms.

It is but sony is cockblocking Microsoft while they try to finesse congress to get this deal approved. You don’t see Phil in Sonys business when they’re trying to close a deal
MS spent like $65 billion more on Activision than Sony's combined recent acquisitions. He'd be foolish to say anything.

You should read the source of the article on ERA. The kotaku article tries to juice it up. The OP provides more context than kotaku.

There's nothing in there that says one way or another whether the deal should go through. They just mostly talk about how big COD is.

I’d be down for that, but I don’t think they’d reveal that at gamescom.

In AC Origins, there any way to discern what the higher quality side quests are?

Also the game loop is a bit addicting, but I’m having mixed feelings on how much I’m actually enjoying it. The world is stunning especially with the 4K-60 update which is part of what’s hooked me. I’ve had a few games recently where I’m not crazy about them first but wind up loving them (Elden, GoT) so going to give this more of a chance.

Back
Top Bottom