The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How do you figure this?

Playstation needs no Starfield, Fallout, Elder Scrolls like it needs a hole in the head.

Basically the only AAA Western RPG you're getting on Playstation is from CD Projekt Red (edit: and BioWare who a shell of their former self at this point) now.

The resources to build up a Bethesda style studio would take years and years for Sony to reach. It's not going to happen.
Because Sony has historically proven that when not tested, they get complacent.

You mention Bioware being a shell, but Bethesda isn't?

Baldurs Gate and Diablo are still on Playstation. I'd also argue Japanese studios are making branching out in to that style.

I just think strong Microsoft is a positive for the industry.

No Cid or Vincent has me thinking the next FF7 remake ends at cosmo canyon before cloud goes back home for real. Hopefully they tell Dyne’s story, that was a big part of Barret’s backstory.

Does Starfield have any elements of Death Stranding? For those who have played it?

No Cid or Vincent has me thinking the next FF7 remake ends at cosmo canyon before cloud goes back home for real. Hopefully they tell Dyne’s story, that was a big part of Barret’s backstory.
maybe it's a surprise reveal. so I wouldn't count those possibilities out yet.

Thats because Samsung does still made good TVs, theyre just expensive OLEDs that still use LG panels, just like the Sony OLEDs. So... go straight the source. Even Sony OLEDs have more input lag than the LGs because of all the post processing that generally makes them better for movie viewing.

Actually Samsung use their own panels for OLED called QD-OLED even though for some reason they still use QLED on their flagship TV's.

Sony switched over to using the Samsung QD-OLED panels for their flagship TV but they still use the WOLED panels from LG for other OLED's in the range.

Main difference is Samsung's panel doesn't have white sub pixels which is used to boost brightness so the colour volume is better and looks less washed out and more vibrant while still been able to keep the same brightness.

My problem with Samsung TV's are the Tizen OS and lack of Dolby Vision. They also have build problems with a lot of the OLED TV's last year being bent on delivery.

I think the Sony A95L will be the TV to beat this year but the LG G3 will be close behind. Samsung will be the one to get if you're set on a a QD-OLED panel but can't afford the Sony.

I think times have changed. The Sony of 2006 is very different to now. Sony came into this gen with a big lead in mind and market share but went just as hard as they did with the PS4.
I wouldn't be worried about competition unless Xbox stops existing and that will never happen.

Actually Samsung use their own panels for OLED called QD-OLED even though for some reason they still use QLED on their flagship TV's.

Sony switched over to using the Samsung QD-OLED panels for their flagship TV but they still use the WOLED panels from LG for other OLED's in the range.

Main difference is Samsung's panel doesn't have white sub pixels which is used to boost brightness so the colour volume is better and looks less washed out and more vibrant while still been able to keep the same brightness.

My problem with Samsung TV's are the Tizen OS and lack of Dolby Vision. They also have build problems with a lot of the OLED TV's last year being bent on delivery.

I think the Sony A95L will be the TV to beat this year but the LG G3 will be close behind. Samsung will be the one to get if you're set on a a QD-OLED panel but can't afford the Sony.

I think times have changed. The Sony of 2006 is very different to now. Sony came into this gen with a big lead in mind and market share but went just as hard as they did with the PS4.
I wouldn't be worried about competition unless Xbox stops existing and that will never happen.

Yea, they were being stubborn. They ditched OLED and had QLED as their flagship since around 2014 while LG and Sony ran away with OLED Marketshare.
They came back with QD-OLED last year but non of their current or past TV's had LG OLED panels but like you posted that will change going forwards.

QD-OLED is limited in sizes so if you want a OLED lineup from 42 to 97 inches then you need LG panels which is why they signed a deal so they can pad their lineup like Sony who's also using a mixture of QD-OLED and LG WOLED.

Going to try tonight after work.

Heard progress carries to the full game and demo looks beefy.
Tempted but will wait for final game.

Randomly I downloaded Journey to the Savage Planet off PS Premium/Elite.

Loved it! I kind of forgot about it as it came out around The Outer Worlds and I kind of lumped them together in my mind due to the settings, but wow.

I think I have kind of beat the trophy hunting urge. I played it, finished the story, and could go back to get the other trophies but think I am content to move on.

Back to FF2. I am trying to savor these playthroughs of the pixel remasters. I cant wait to get to 4, 5, and 6.

Wish I knew about the demo going live before I left for work. Hopefully it doesn’t take forever and I can try it out tonight.

16 demo legit took 10 minutes to download and install. Sony must have fixed the slow copy and install speeds in one of these updates, I remember games taking forever to install after the initial download finished. I might have to wait until tomorrow to dive in, the NBA finals have my attention tonight. Hopefully it’s an early blowout and I can switch over to the game.

In what way? Im' guessing you mean the PS3. The PS3 wasn't complacent. It was a bonkers console at launch. They had to strip features away to make it more competitive price-wise. And the lesson learned from that was to not go too crazy with the hardware. PS4 and PS5 are basically off the shelf components.

Baldurs Gate and Diablo are still on Playstation. I'd also argue Japanese studios are making branching out in to that style.

Great games, but they don't do what Bethesda games do.

You mention Bioware being a shell, but Bethesda isn't?

Speaking on Bethesda Games Studios, no, I don't think they are. They're about to release one of the biggest games of a stacked year. And it's a game that would've sold boatloads on PS5 if it were not for MS being strong and snatching up and entire Pubsliher.

I just think strong Microsoft is a positive for the industry.

That's a whole 'nother topic. They're doing a lot of good things now, but ultimately consolidation tends to be bad in the long run. They're not the only ones engaged in the consolidation, but they have the ability (and now seemingly the desire) to snatch up the biggest chunk of the pie. That's all well and good while hippy-dippy, "everybody love everybody" Phil Spencer is in charge, but all it takes is another Don Mattrick and things could go south. But if it's gotta be someone, I'll take MS over Apple, Google, Facebook etc. In that sense, it's "good."

But I don't believe Sony being at the mercy of which studios MS is okay with releasing games on Playstation is good for them. Starfield is example number 1 of that.

^ First one is a blast, but it was much to in-depth for me.

I played the FF16 demo and it crashed every 5 minutes. I deleted and redownloaded and no improvement. I am a little worried I am working with faulty hardware. I had the same issue with Spiderman: Miles Morales and GT7.

Other games seem to run with no issue.

Back
Top Bottom