The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Factions was so good in part 1. No one asked for a stand alone game. Just used part 2 maps and expand on it. As a naughty dog fan yes the writing was on the wall but don’t keep telling us it’s coming we will have more to share

1702635717779.png

1702635788036.png

Don't get how sales dropped year on year on Black Friday month and after Starfield and Forza. That's a 20:1 sales split.
Europe fast becoming like Japan. Mindshare completely gone.

If their refresh is digital only like the leaks show then there will be no retail presence which would be even worse.
COD can't be exclusive for 10 years either.

This wasn't going to be good anyways so I don't mind.

In ramping up to full production, the massive scope of our ambition became clear. To release and support The Last of Us Online we'd have to put all our studio resources behind supporting post launch content for years to come, severely impacting development on future single-player games. So, we had two paths in front of us: become a solely live service games studio or continue to focus on single-player narrative games that have defined Naughty Dog's heritage.

Picking Single Player over Live Service is the right choice for them.
Not gonna bring back the hours lost though.

Games take too long to make to be making bad decisisons but at least the single player games are already in development.

Leave the Live service games to those studios Sony just bought or get another studio to do it like the Horizon MMO but I doubt that would work without heavy supervision from ND.

I wonder if it was that consultation from Bungie that really got them to see what supporting a Live Service game entails and that's what got them to bail out.

Last edited:
Played Tekken 8 for a bit last night. I skipped 7 for some reason. I think I kept waiting to get it on sale and it stays full price for some reason. I see Yoshinori Ono and Katshurio Harada are still hanging out together. The "Arcade" thing is straight from Street Fighter 6. Maybe Im just old but I dont care for the Avatar in the game to play the game in the game. Idk why they're trying to dumb down the combat either. I hope matchmaking takes that into account and only matches you with players that are playing the same way. Its going to be a day one pick up regardless, really. I cant wait to see what my guys Bryan, Steve and King got going on nowadays. :pimp:

Huh? Tekken 7 has been on sale for $10 or less off and on for years. You can probably get the full complete edition for $20 at times :lol:

Maybe so. I mean, I stopped giving a damn at some point. I dont like jumping into games too late.

1702635717779.png

1702635788036.png

Don't get how sales dropped year on year on Black Friday month and after Starfield and Forza. That's a 20:1 sales split.
Europe fast becoming like Japan. Mindshare completely gone.

If their refresh is digital only like the leaks show then there will be no retail presence which would be even worse.
COD can't be exclusive for 10 years either.

Picking Single Player over Live Service is the right choice for them.
Not gonna bring back the hours lost though.

Games take too long to make to be making bad decisisons but at least the single player games are already in development.

Leave the Live service games to those studios Sony just bought or get another studio to do it like the Horizon MMO but I doubt that would work without heavy supervision from ND.

I wonder if it was that consultation from Bungie that really got them to see what supporting a Live Service game entails and that's what got them to bail out.

Forza missed the mark... not nearly good enough to move the needle.

just copped me a portal too from walmart... lets see if it goes through... was spamming the heck out of the place order button :lol:

The person's son I hung out with before and after elementary played Halo 1, Fusion Frenzy, etc. I was Seattle-ing.

Have had the PS5 a month, am completely overjoyed by it. I've never owned a PS for anything other than Guitar Hero for PS2 (didn't have any other PS2 games).

I don't know why I had an affinity to Xbox but PS is 20x better.
I always been PlayStation gamer but this gen I chose the series X because the og ps5 was too big. That was a mistake. As soon as the ps5 slim came out I copped it and rarely use the Xbox, they didn’t have any games for me. Forza was cool but I got tired of it.

I don’t think TLOU MP would have done well regardless of how good the actual game would have been.

In terms of pulling gamers’ attention the competitive multiplayer genre/landscape is an absolute mess.

Last edited:
I don’t think TLOU MP would have done well regardless of how good the actual game would have been.

In terms of pulling gamers’ attention the competitive multiplayer is an absolute mess.

i think its craZy that we didnt even see game footage or anything before they cancelled it

must of been buns

The worst part about the game being cancelled is that most of the Factions’ fans just wanted an updated Factions 1.0. It also sucks that they spent all this time working on something that’s never coming out. It makes you wonder if we could have had another ND game already or at least had one revealed.

Back
Top Bottom