The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They need to remake or remaster MGS4. That’s the only trapped on a single console.

I’m not saying I’d be mad if they went the Capcom REmake route for MGS (and got rid of the cringe and made the story more coherent).

Nah....lets chill out on the remake trend for a bit. You're giving Devs the wrong ideas.

Nah MGS3 is one of the GOAT. I love the remaster, but I am beyond hyped for the remake.

Lol, Im saying dude needs to upgrade his PS5 now... it wont get any cheaper by the time the remake comes out

Lol I'm not that big on new games so I'm not really in a rush to buy one. Honestly the only game out on PS5 that I want to play right now is Demon Souls lmao.

They need to remake or remaster MGS4. That’s the only trapped on a single console.

I’m not saying I’d be mad if they went the Capcom REmake route for MGS (and got rid of the cringe and made the story more coherent).

All up for that, Konami is weird with their old games though. I'd love to see all the Silent Hills, Zone of the Enders, etc done properly. The RE remakes were amazing, some of the most fun I've had playing the RE 2/3/4 remakes.

Last edited:
Just in time for Rebirth

IMG_6713.jpeg

Might replay FF Remake on the PS5 before Rebirth. Finished the DLC and started up regular but stopped at the beginning.

Went back to DS3 after being LoP. This was the only boss since DS1 that I hadn't beaten.
Just killed it. Definitely one of the hardest in the series, you can't really switch off.

Midir, Nameless King, and the Demon of Hatred in Sekiro prob the hardest IMO. I still need to play the Bloodborne DLC, heard there are some really hard bosses in that too.

Boss design absolutely ****s on LoP too.

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 8.52.12 PM.png

Is this from the DLC? I still need to finish that.

Nameless King...eff him :lol:

Finished it!
I will say I didn't think I'd play a game that had better/ on par mechanics like MGSV
but here we are
Gonna check out lost levels, no return and I didn't realize the entire game has commentary that includes like 6+ peeps(Neil, Halley, Laura, Troy, Ashley etc) So I'm gonna do a NG+ with modifiers and play that. Can't wait to replay Hillcrest and to see what they were all thinking about certain scenes/scenarios.
That was pretty intense.
-I'll be honest and say I was shocked Ellie still had it in her for the final showdown.
-I've always thought Ellie had survivors guilt, since she is the cure.
-Loved LOVED that final scene w Joel. I don't think deserves forgiveness, but I get it.
-Good for him for saying he'd do it all again for her and sticking to his guns.
-Ellie basically said what I had been saying, he robbed her of her legacy.
-Firmly believe that she went to find the fireflies to see if there's a chance for a cure still.
Seriously can't wait for P3,
P2 was such a beautiful journey and a look into how revenge/guilt *****s with people.
It was pretty dope to wait and play a game on the best possible version.
Totally treated this like it was a brand new release from them, in hopes that I hopefully have 2-3 year wait(wishful thinking i know) until we get something new from them.

If Tekken isn’t the best fighting franchise it is definitely the 2nd. Pretty much between it and SF. I guess it would depend on the iteration IMO.

The good thing about fighting games is that they are all good. All 9-10s and I don’t think I am exaggerating:

SF
Tekken
Melty Blood
DNF
Undernight
Blazblue
Guilty Gear
Skull Girls
MK
Smash
Granblu
For Honor :lol:
Soul Caliber
FighterZ

And I could keep going.
You never played rumble roses if you think they are all good.

Street fighter is the goat, everything else is second.

Finished it!
I will say I didn't think I'd play a game that had better/ on par mechanics like MGSV
but here we are
Gonna check out lost levels, no return and I didn't realize the entire game has commentary that includes like 6+ peeps(Neil, Halley, Laura, Troy, Ashley etc) So I'm gonna do a NG+ with modifiers and play that. Can't wait to replay Hillcrest and to see what they were all thinking about certain scenes/scenarios.
That was pretty intense.
-I'll be honest and say I was shocked Ellie still had it in her for the final showdown.
-Loved LOVED that final scene w Joel. I don't think deserves forgiveness, but I get it.
-Firmly believe that she went to find the fireflies to see if there's a chance for a cure still.
P2 was such a beautiful journey and a look into how revenge/guilt *****s with people.
Totally treated this like it was a brand new release from them, in hopes that I hopefully have 2-3 year wait(wishful thinking i know) until we get something new from them.
Nice! Looks like you enjoyed the experience.
And it looks like you had similar views about the overall game as I did.
I can't speak for why some folks hated the game & Abby so much, but I always saw this game as a story of empathy. We followed Joel and Elllie's journey for so long, so with that attachment, no one will enjoy taking control over the one who sent Joel to his demise. You may not have liked it, but at least you can understand Abby's actions, motivations and hatred. It reminded me of The Walking Dead when Rick and Co. killed lots of ppl (like the group in the satellite outpost).

It's most definitely the most thought-provoking story in a game I've ever experienced.

I dunno if there's gonna be a P3, but if you have the points, definitely play it again with the ammo and craft modifiers... then BURN every last one of them! 🔥

Finished it!
but here we are
That was pretty intense.

great following along with your journey. Glad you enjoyed the game. It’s one of my favorites. I have Ellie Tattoo on my left arm. I get what Joel did I probably would’ve done the same even though it probably wasn’t the right choice. I never understood the Abby hate. That’s your dad even Dina mentioned she would torture her sisters killer. I believe there will be a part 3 just who knows when.

Nice! Looks like you enjoyed the experience.
And it looks like you had similar views about the overall game as I did.
I can't speak for why some folks hated the game & Abby so much, but I always saw this game as a story of empathy. We followed Joel and Elllie's journey for so long, so with that attachment, no one will enjoy taking control over the one who sent Joel to his demise. You may not have liked it, but at least you can understand Abby's actions, motivations and hatred. It reminded me of The Walking Dead when Rick and Co. killed lots of ppl (like the group in the satellite outpost).

It's most definitely the most thought-provoking story in a game I've ever experienced.

I dunno if there's gonna be a P3, but if you have the points, definitely play it again with the ammo and craft modifiers... then BURN every last one of them! 🔥
Empathy, great word! I was feeling sorry for Abby, but couldn't find the word. Throughout her entire journey I'm thinking what/who else can she lose. She's out of the WLF, her friends are dead, like manny who was killed in active duty. I'm not sure she knows what even happened to Nora. I def wasn't having it when we control Abby during the theater though :lol:

I'm hoping for a P3 but I'd understand if they just left it to the audience to interpret where she went. She could just go find Dina and live the long life Joel gave her, since I'm sure the guilt is still there. I'll go crazy if there isn't a P3 but I get it.
Those 2 modifiers you named are the ones I'm using for sure!:pimp:

great following along with your journey. Glad you enjoyed the game. It’s one of my favorites. I have Ellie Tattoo on my left arm. I get what Joel did I probably would’ve done the same even though it probably wasn’t the right choice. I never understood the Abby hate. That’s your dad even Dina mentioned she would torture her sisters killer. I believe there will be a part 3 just who knows when.

Thanks!
I want that Tat soooo bad now.
I probably would've turned her over, especially since she accepted her fate in P1
It's the age old question if you had a baby that could cure cancer,
but you had to kill it to get the cure, would you?
I do love that they took the concept and turned it on its on head.
The Abby hate was definitely unwarranted and pretty dumb.
Like you said, that was her dad, how could she not go for revenge.
Give credit where credits due, Abby was PLOTTIN forreal.
They gotta make a P3, because just like how P1 ended,
I'm gonna go crazy wondering what ND believes is the true ending for the characters.

Back
Top Bottom