The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No he doesnt. No version of P3 has ever came out on the PS3.

SMT Persona 3 absolutely came out on PS3

Edit: I was mistaken. It was Persona 3 FES. It was a PS2 classic available on PS3 through PSN.

I swore I played the physical version but it was the PS2 disc of P3 on a backwards compatible PS3.

Lol. Yeah I know because I own every singke release of P3, except forv eload, technically (playing on game pass). Regardless, going back to those 480i PS2 games, regardless is you have a PS3 with BC, is a no go for me at this point. This isnt even mentioning all the otherbnon graphical improvements made to the gameplay itself.

Helldivers is such a blast to play with friends. Nonstop action and comedy the entire time that I've played it. I love that the game has two different factions to fight against and each one feels like you are playing a different game (Bugs = Starship Troopers & Bots = Terminator). In one mission you are dropping 500kg bombs on bug colonies and watching the carnage unfold and the next mission you are dodging sniper and machine gun fire from bots hidden in a jungle as soon as you drop into a mission. This game is gonna get a lot of play out of me and my friends, thats for sure. :lol:

1707749890743.png

Crazy to see the similarites between Sega and Xbox.
Too young to know the intricacies at the time but interesting stuff still.

Don't think it'll end up this way though. I htink MS still have some things under their sleeves.

I didnt find out until a few years ago there was a sequel.

Between Halo 2 and Fuzion Frenzy, college residence was a blast. Just had to watch for all the cord tripping hazards running from room to room. :lol:

I’m a few hours in. Not as good as like a dragon so far. Just started ch 3. Hopefully it gets a lil better. The comedy is on point tho.

Not enough server capacity for 360,000 concurrent players across PS5/PC. All time peak for PC is around 200K.

I think this game has easily sold over a Million by now.

Good to see that a $40 game can look this good and be successful. Sony needs to make sure they explore the entire range and not just leave it to Indies to occupy the lower priced game slots.

Excellent.

I can't wait to hear how my Spotify playlist blaring over any in-game audio sounds with these new Elite headphones.

"Audio latency causing a break in emersion? Friend, I'm listening to 1989's punk Magnum Opus, Bad Religion's No Control at an unsafe volume."

Decent results for Hardware.
Good sales for Spider-Man 2 and whole franchise.

2024 will be a slowish year for first party as there's no title on the scale of GOW or Spider-Man but I don't think they expected Helldivers to do well from their Outlook.
Concord is also this year. I don't expect much from the GaaS titles because of competition but you never know.
Expect things to pick back up in 2025 with GTAVI and some big first party titles. Maybe a price drop but profits are not great.

Yeahhh, if y'all think Sony just gonna be the same company in the coming years, y'all fooling yourselves.

Their current strategy is still not making the division profitable enough for the company's liking.

Same issue Microsoft is facing.

I think they will invest more in PC before doing anything else major. But this is why cheering about console sales is fanboy nonsense more than anything else.

Decent results for Hardware.
Good sales for Spider-Man 2 and whole franchise.

2024 will be a slowish year for first party as there's no title on the scale of GOW or Spider-Man but I don't think they expected Helldivers to do well from their Outlook.
Concord is also this year. I don't expect much from the GaaS titles because of competition but you never know.
Expect things to pick back up in 2025 with GTAVI and some big first party titles. Maybe a price drop but profits are not great.

Can’t cut price because ps5 isn’t built for it and they are hurting enough as it is

You guys are awesome. Keep it up. 👍

Just wet blankets of the thread.

Always on cue.

Thanks for keeping the dozens of us i this thread about PlayStation on an old message board in check.

Last edited:
Can’t cut price because ps5 isn’t built for it and they are hurting enough as it is

Price drop in holiday 2025 is possible IMO. GTAIV bundle + Price drop will make the console fly off the shelves and they already did some temp price cuts last year.

I won't say they're hurting. It's the highest Q3 revenue in PS history. Only problem low profits. Someone said its like 6%
It's not like Sony doesn't know this. The push for Live Service games is to remedy this. Same with them expanding to PC, cloud and mobile.

There's a ceiling for high end consoles hardware sales. PS+ has reached its limit but these big games are taking longer and costing more to make.
People thought $70 games and new PS+ Tiers was Sony being arrogant when it turns out, this gaming stuff is expensive.

Back
Top Bottom