The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man, when the hell does FO4 end? Finally found my son, but the "end" doesn't seem near. I feel like I have at least 100 hours clocked so far.

I don't remember but I felt the same when I originally played. I never even got around to the DLC but now I do want to go back and play it.

With rumours being that Switch 2 would be similar in power to a PS4. Last gen is not going away.

GTAVI is gonna be the lord and saviour.

Might be good news for the PS5 Pro though for the games not pushing the envelope.

Last edited:
a part of me still thinks treyarch can bring back cod (or atleast the black ops series) back to the promise land if given enough time

if this next one is mid i think im out for the entire series for a long time

i hated mw2 2022 and didnt bother to get 3 so im out entirely on the iw games already

Ya'll need to stop hating, not everyone wants or can drop $400+ on a new console regularly. I'm not a believer of last gen games holding back how current gen games should look, because they are all usually made on PCs first and designed to scale down to whatever console.

I suppose first party Sony games might not... but then, maybe the should be (and be released day and date on PC).

If you don’t want to buy a new console, don’t buy it. Simple. It doesn’t mean we’re wrong for wanting new games to take full advantage of current gen consoles.

So we have page after page of people complaining about layoffs because huge AAA games arent meeting sales goals to break even on production.... but youre not wrong for wanting them to be exclusive to a console with a significantly smaller install base because you THINK it might "hold the game back" slightly performance wise... ok.

So we have page after page of people complaining about layoffs because huge AAA games arent meeting sales goals to break even on production.... but youre not wrong for wanting them to be exclusive to a console with a significantly smaller install base because you THINK it might "hold the game back" slightly performance wise... ok.
If we’re talking about Final Fantasy or any of the SE titles not meeting expectations, that could possibly have a lot to do with them locking it down to one console.

I’m also not saying what any publisher should do, they’re in it to make money, I understand that. I understand why they put games on old gen consoles. I’m just a consumer who wants to get the most out of a console I paid $500+ for.

One more thing, I feel like gamers would make the jump to current gen if they had a reason to. Fortnite, Warzone, 2K, Madden still being on old hardware isn’t going to help that.

I was talking with my brother about some Xbox IPs coming to PS. Are there any Xbox games y'all would cop on PS?

The new Starfield is supposed to be really good. I didn’t bring my Xbox to Kore with me so I’m looking forward to trying it out when I get home later this year. The DLC should be out by then too.

I was talking with my brother about some Xbox IPs coming to PS. Are there any Xbox games y'all would cop on PS?
Might check out that Hellblade game.

Cant think of anything else.

Looks like Microsoft gonna become the new Sega anyway so I’ll have a closer look then.

I’ll rock with a Gears of War Collection on PlayStation just to see if I’d be able to get the platinums. I know the achievements in Gears are wild :lol:

I’d also be down for Forza Horizon 5. Outside of that, I’d rather just play Xbox games on Xbox hardware.

Ya'll need to stop hating, not everyone wants or can drop $400+ on a new console regularly. I'm not a believer of last gen games holding back how current gen games should look, because they are all usually made on PCs first and designed to scale down to whatever console.

I suppose first party Sony games might not... but then, maybe the should be (and be released day and date on PC).

Last gen definitely holds games back. Even Series S is holding games back when you look at the Baulders Gate 3 situation.
It's not just graphics but also gameplay. Remember Battlefield 4 where PS3 was 12 v 12 in multiplayer while PS4 was 32 v 32.
Destiny and FFXIV also had to drop PS3 to expand the games.

I think the difference now is that the new generation of gamers are very different to us.
They're used to playing these forever games like Fortnite, Minecraft and Roblox and those games will run on a calculator so there's no need to upgrade consoles.

For COD, it's primarily just because of the 10 year deal with Sony and Nintendo from the Activision acquisition. If that deal wasn't there and Activision dropped last gen for COD, I think they would easily be fine on current gen and PC but they have to make COD on Switch 2 so COD on last gen is not going away.

We're now in this situation where the most popular games, COD, FIFA, Fortnite, GTA5, etc.. all run on last gen so people are comfortable.
Even with PS5 being expensive, I don't think price is an issue because when GTA6 launches, I expect console hardware to fly off the shelves.

Mat Piscatella from Circana/NPD was talking about it and basically GTA6 is what people are pinning their hopes on to switch people to next gen.
Timestamped below:

Forza Horizon.
Just reminds me of Burnout Paradise in the best way possible.

I think a lot of people who are looking for an arcade racer will love Forza Horizon. That’s one of those games that I just turn on and play. The only gripe I have with the latest entires is the map and how cluttered it is with icons. It’s damn near just as bad as Ubisoft. The last time I played, I wasn’t sure how to advance the “story” because there was just so many icons and I wasn’t sure which one I was supposed to go to.

Wanna see OD day 1 on PS5 real bad.

I'd play Infinite very casually.

Throw in a Forza Horizon for good measure.

200w.gif

Back
Top Bottom