**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

What was the winning design?

Anyway, those won't last long regardless of price once they hit the racks.

Father dug these up

Relax. I checked multiple websites today when I asked the question and that was in the composite image they all used.

as much as i love vintage polo, i would be bummed to see the designs come back. a large part of what makes it so coveted (aside from the great designs) is the rarity. imagine seeing a bunch of kids in polo bear knits and stadium caps...
sick.gif
i'd be sick to my stomach.

call me selfish/snobbish but i prefer for everything rare to stay rare. it's a pain in the *** to find it but nothing beats that feeling of finally having it in possession.

Last edited:
Relax. I checked multiple websites today when I asked the question and that was in the composite image they all used.

I guess you didn't follow what they were doing when they introduced this whole dumb idea of a retro voting process to bring back the bear. Those multiple websites just copied a pic of what the RL site had as a "history of the polo bear" but if you went straight to the RL source, the bear you were hoping for wasn't even an option to vote for.

I guess you didn't follow what they were doing when they introduced this whole dumb idea of a retro voting process to bring back the bear. Those multiple websites just copied a pic of what the RL site had as a "history of the polo bear" but if you went straight to the RL source, the bear you were hoping for wasn't even an option to vote for.
So wait RL is retroing the teddy bear sweaters!?!?...where has everyone been? Lol

So wait RL is retroing the teddy bear sweaters!?!?...where has everyone been? Lol

Anyone mind posting pics of said sweater

my dude we gotta connect for a drink next time i'm in SD, i'm stuck and cooped up with the family when i'm out there lol. i gotta make sure jahjah comes down too when i'm in the west.
Yeah son whenever you are in town just hit me up.

I personally think its one of the better looking bears and overall just clean. In hunting and doing research, I've never seen that on a sweatshirt or sweater. Thought it would have looked nice on one.

Were there two different martini bears? One wearing black and one with a white tux jacket with black pants? I've got the latter on a beach towel.

I would have rather them did the Polo playing bear or the ski bear.

If that fist pic shows the new sweater with the old it looks like they changed it enough so that folks can tell the difference. Bear looks like he's high with the squinted eyes.

Last edited:
Any one know how to properly apply Polo Oil Cloth Dressing to Oil Cloth jackets??

Color from jacket is fading compared to when I first purchased it and would like to use it.

Every time I try a little area I get nervous because it leaves a dark spot.

images

Any one know how to properly apply Polo Oil Cloth Dressing to Oil Cloth jackets??

Color from jacket is fading compared to when I first purchased it and would like to use it.

Every time I try a little area I get nervous because it leaves a dark spot.
images

Sales associate told me to use a sponge and blot it on than brush those blots. I know on styleforum they would know

I wonder if they will be on the website? They usually release these bears right before thanksgiving, the last bear (red 2001) I bought it from Macy's 34th st. It was for $185, which is a fair price...but does someone already have it?

I wonder if they will be on the website? They usually release these bears right before thanksgiving, the last bear (red 2001) I bought it from Macy's 34th st. It was for $185, which is a fair price...but does someone already have it?
It will probably be closer to $295 if RL was smart. The hand knit Indian head pullover was $795 though...so you really can't tell. But as far as timing goes, just before thanksgiving is a fair guess.

It will probably be closer to $295 if RL was smart. The hand knit Indian head pullover was $795 though...so you really can't tell. But as far as timing goes, just before thanksgiving is a fair guess.

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

$295 if they were smart? No one cares about this bear sweater enough to justify that price. I don't wanna hear any of that "OG Lo head" crap either.

Back
Top Bottom