**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

some finds from rosebowl, had a great time there!  definitely some deals to be had, but you have to know where to look.

Speakin of Beacon...... I been out of it.... anyone in here cop this loud shirt? I personally love it, the indigos on it are sick.
Apparently its like a year old... wtf?
I have this shirt, it came out earlier this year when the Wild River collection dropped but only in select retail locations

The hats look great, I currently have an all reflective cp rl patch from another hat that I removed, but want to used on a different hat....if you have anymore long bill blank hat, I would love to cop one from you....either way, I love what you did....it's for that reason I loved the concept of the rugby store

NYC Fashion Week RL Showroom, not a store. For buyers and media to see and either place orders / understand the line and see the rigging, and of course post on blogs and send to print.

And keep in mind some of those pieces are going to be archived visual assets that are no longer for sale and bounce around from store to store at the whim of visual managers. I spy some beacon blankets that I am sure would be near impossible to purchase. In fact I believe the rolled up one is actually a robe.
. Great info. Thanks. RL always finds a way to keep us wishing. I would love to see those fabrics from the blankets used to make clothing. This year's beacon shawl sweater is a huge letdown as far as colorbkocking, but the pricepoint is very nice.

Did you ever catch an RL sample fabric "book" of nothing but Native American blanket swatches? The wasted potential had me rustled.

Unfortunately you are mistaken. The picture taken is of the current fall group consisting of both RLX and Polo. But between the colors and pieces used I can see why you may think that it's Spring 13 group AKA "River Wild."

That red/yellow/blue buffalo/teepee sweater under the blue jacket on the front left mannequin is from spring and the orange jacket in the way back on the right looks to be from spring as well. I suppose it could be similar pieces but I'm almost sure that sweater is past season.

That red/yellow/blue buffalo/teepee sweater under the blue jacket on the front left mannequin is from spring and the orange jacket in the way back on the right looks to be from spring as well. I suppose it could be similar pieces but I'm almost sure that sweater is past season.
Good eye, not sure when that buffalo sweater is from but it could be a sample that was not produced or something used a while ago, similar to the shearling bomber jacket displayed on the top mannequin. As far as the orange jacket goes in the far right...not sure, but I know which spring jacket you're referring to.

Here's another pic from the fall 2013 collection I found online....I like the navy hat, even though its been redone a million times, I'm curious to see what other hats they come out with

i don't know if im the only one that notice this, but is Ralph Lauren's collection based off a movie called the adventure of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn?

Good eye, not sure when that buffalo sweater is from but it could be a sample that was not produced or something used a while ago, similar to the shearling bomber jacket displayed on the top mannequin. As far as the orange jacket goes in the far right...not sure, but I know which spring jacket you're referring to.

It's a beautiful spread nonetheless.

The Tommy Movement was dominated my highschool years. I still have some things stored that I need to dig out so I can see if I have something special.

I rocked Tommy and Nautica before I went straight Polo. Tommy did have some nice pieces back in the day. I remember having a big white parka with 3M strips on it and a white rugby with Hilfiger arctic or alpine something across the middle. Way to hard.

I remember comparing Polo and Tommy rugbys back in the day. (Long sleve w/ collar) And from what I remember they were built exactly the same. Same trim, same rubber buttons, same materials. Only difference would be the tags and logos. I remember thinking they must be made by the same company.

Stopped by the Marshalls and TJ maxx on 19th and 6th 2 days ago.  They didn't have much in terms of Rugby, just a small rack with mostly size large...

Also seen this when I was out and about a few days ago.  The fall collection looking dope.  This was at Bloomingdale's on 59th st. NYC.

Really liking these Oilcloth Cargo Pants. I really like the shank closure at the ankle it stands out

Just picked up these two perfect condition long sleeves from the thrift store for less than $10. I had never considered nor had I ever had anything pre-owned, but since joining this thread and seeing all the come-ups that can be had at thrift stores, Im on it now. I now have about 5 pre-owned pieces.

I rocked Tommy and Nautica before I went straight Polo. Tommy did have some nice pieces back in the day. I remember having a big white parka with 3M strips on it and a white rugby with Hilfiger arctic or alpine something across the middle. Way to hard.

I remember comparing Polo and Tommy rugbys back in the day. (Long sleve w/ collar) And from what I remember they were built exactly the same. Same trim, same rubber buttons, same materials. Only difference would be the tags and logos. I remember thinking they must be made by the same company.

Tommy had some mean lines. In my opinion the lines that came correct most often were:

1. Lotus/Formula 1
2. Alpine
3. Surplus/Outdoors

4. Sailing

5. Int'l Games

6. Motorcycle

I may be forgetting some.

Speaking of Alpine. Wouldn't it be nice if Polo re-did the Grand Puba Alpine rugby? I'd be all on it...

Back
Top Bottom