**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Funny that they're even recycling the Modern Explorer collection name from a few seasons back. I'd seen "Explorer" on the retail merchandiser's look-book but didn't realize they're were calling it Modern Explorer again.

Got this email too...a lot of things Ralph Lauren recycles...I've been hoping he renew of few lines from the 90's specially summer lines, since we're living in a retro era...who would've thought flat tops would be back...not me

Speaking of Alpine. Wouldn't it be nice if Polo re-did the Grand Puba Alpine rugby? I'd be all on it...
Whats RL's stance on 'retroing' items? They ever done it before? I know RL is a big fan of reusing and recycling but I dont think theres ever been any straight reproductions of old items.

Seems like the buzz for some of the more famous polo pieces from the early 90's is bigger than ever nowadays. Retroing any of that stuff would have people going crazy.

Last edited:
Whats RL's stance on 'retroing' items? They ever done it before? I know RL is a big fan of reusing and recycling but I dont think theres ever been any straight reproductions of old items.

Seems like the buzz for some of the more famous polo pieces from the early 90's is bigger than ever nowadays. Retroing any of that stuff would have people going crazy.

It's rare RL does exact reproductions of items, usually there a small alterations done, I think the most popular style he's repro a lot has been USA and kswiss logos but its never exactly the same...Lo heads have been praying I'm sure for years for RL to repro big popular items from the 90's....I actually wouldn't want RL to reproduce any thing exactly the same, but maybe take a popular line and reinvent it with better materials and different style...I'm sure we may never see the Snow Beach line...etc, but something similar but different would be nice.

Agreed on that. The Snow Beach jacket and other vintage Polo would lose alot of their status and grandiose if it was reproduced exactly the same.

A couple of colour blocked rugbys or jackets in primary colours, with big spellouts on em wouldnt hurt though. Also the bear needs to come back in more than T-shirt form.

Agreed on that. The Snow Beach jacket and other vintage Polo would lose alot of their status and grandiose if it was reproduced exactly the same.

A couple of colour blocked rugbys or jackets in primary colours, with big spellouts on em wouldnt hurt though. Also the bear needs to come back in more than T-shirt form.

It would be a dream if Ralph Lauren let me design one line for a season.....it would probably be for the spring or summer season preferably an Olympic year, I would probably like to reinvent the 1992 stadium line, but I wouldn't use the pwing or plate logo's maybe just the font, it wouldn't include any specified year.
My limited line would include:

2 spell out tanks tops color blocking one with "STADIUM" and the "CITY NAME" where the event is taking place that year each would include a reinvented kswiss logo in the corner top
2 graphic tees, one maybe doing the long jump and maybe one completing a race, but I would not show the head as to allow anonymous ethnicity
I would redo the hurdles jacket, but make it a hoodie with better materials, but again not show the complete head
Al least 3 stretch back long bill hats in sizes s/m and L/XL using similar spell out from the tanks and kswiss logo
Spell out stadium shorts with color blocking 2 versions
That's about how graphic it would get, nothing to crazy
The line would also include the basics
Sweatpants, sweatshirts other tees, headband...etc

I actually wouldn't spell out POLO big anywhere just discreetly in corners only

It's rare RL does exact reproductions of items, usually there a small alterations done, I think the most popular style he's repro a lot has been USA and kswiss logos but its never exactly the same...Lo heads have been praying I'm sure for years for RL to repro big popular items from the 90's....I actually wouldn't want RL to reproduce any thing exactly the same, but maybe take a popular line and reinvent it with better materials and different style...I'm sure we may never see the Snow Beach line...etc, but something similar but different would be nice.
Don't be surprised if teddy pullovers come back in men's by the time holiday season hits..

Anyone know who created this? It's pretty dope

Don't be surprised if teddy pullovers come back in men's by the time holiday season hits..

I waiting for the "bring it back campaign" it supposed to be released this holiday season, I'm hoping right before thanksgiving....there hasn't been a bear sweater release since 2001, Ralph Lauren doesn't release them too often

I waiting for the "bring it back campaign" it supposed to be released this holiday season, I'm hoping right before thanksgiving....there hasn't been a bear sweater release since 2001, Ralph Lauren doesn't release them too often

I got an email last year from Polo.com asking me to pick between a bear sweater and something else for the "bring it back' campaign. Haven't seen it mentioned since.

I hope the Bear sweter hype keeps the things that I want in stock for the thanksgiving sale and the winter sale.

Im passing, but it will be nice to see it back.

Stuff has definitely come out more than once. The button chambray with the Indian head from the spring or whatever was out before. The big K-Swiss Eagle sweater came out multiple times - originally as a crew neck, then years later as a t-neck. Some of the bear sweaters have been repeated, etc.

It would be a dream if Ralph Lauren let me design one line for a season.....it would probably be for the spring or summer season preferably an Olympic year, I would probably like to reinvent the 1992 stadium line, but I wouldn't use the pwing or plate logo's maybe just the font, it wouldn't include any specified year.
My limited line would include:

2 spell out tanks tops color blocking one with "STADIUM" and the "CITY NAME" where the event is taking place that year each would include a reinvented kswiss logo in the corner top
2 graphic tees, one maybe doing the long jump and maybe one completing a race, but I would not show the head as to allow anonymous ethnicity
I would redo the hurdles jacket, but make it a hoodie with better materials, but again not show the complete head
Al least 3 stretch back long bill hats in sizes s/m and L/XL using similar spell out from the tanks and kswiss logo
Spell out stadium shorts with color blocking 2 versions
That's about how graphic it would get, nothing to crazy
The line would also include the basics
Sweatpants, sweatshirts other tees, headband...etc

I actually wouldn't spell out POLO big anywhere just discreetly in corners only

RL knows they could go to the well for that stuff, but consumers like us are a very small part of the brand's target demo. Further, at least half the long time collectors would hate retro-ing, or even biting the apple to closely. So, you'd only be touching a small demo and fracturing it as well. I don't think it's worth it. Let history be, IMO. ...I'm sure they've considered these ideas before.

Anyone know who created this? It's pretty dope

Dunno about that one.

The Doves joint is the truth though

I got an email last year from Polo.com asking me to pick between a bear sweater and something else for the "bring it back' campaign. Haven't seen it mentioned since.

If they are going to bring back some Bear pieces organically, fine. But, this whole retro thing where they make a big whoop out of it - I'm actually rooting for it to die a quiet death. All something like this would do would attract a new crop of wannabe "Lo Heads." I have no problem with new people or a new generation getting into vintage Lo, but let it happen organically and force them to learn to appreciate and value the real thing. Nobody wants a repeat of the short bus that is the modern sneaker scene.

Last edited:
Stuff has definitely come out more than once. The button chambray with the Indian head from the spring or whatever was out before. The big K-Swiss Eagle sweater came out multiple times - originally as a crew neck, then years later as a t-neck. Some of the bear sweaters have been repeated, etc.
RL knows they could go to the well for that stuff, but consumers like us are a very small part of the brand's target demo. Further, at least half the long time collectors would hate retro-ing, or even biting the apple to closely. So, you'd only be touching a small demo and fracturing it as well. I don't think it's worth it. Let history be, IMO. ...I'm sure they've considered these ideas before.
Dunno about that one.

The Doves joint is the truth though

If they are going to bring back some Bear pieces organically, fine. But, this whole retro thing where they make a big whoop out of it - I'm actually rooting for it to die a quiet death. All something like this would do would attract a new crop of wannabe "Lo Heads." I have no problem with new people or a new generation getting into vintage Lo, but let it happen organically and force them to learn to appreciate and value the real thing. Nobody wants a repeat of the short bus that is the modern sneaker scene.

X2....the sneaker scene is bonkers, Nike is killing just off of retro Jordan's....I would hate to see Ralph Lauren retro major pieces, it would devalue real Lo Heads not just recent collectors....

I don't mind the retro-ing. I've gotten over the new jacks coming in because that's the cycle of life. What I will do though is rock something crazier than ralph is doing now or when they eventually "bring it back", catch a jus-come lo head fiending and depending on his caliber/pedigree/willingness to learn, teach him a thing or 2 about the culture, or bang him over the head with wack pieces for big bread.

The circle of life, gotta love it

Polo Sport, Heres the pics of the Women's USA Lake Placid Jacket (Japan Alternative). That back patch is mean, should've been a mens piece
gadzooks. If it ain't solace it's you whit the gems. Whats happin cappin.
What it do big homey? Im chilling brother, slow motion as usual. I see you flamming on the internets. the sneaker/crown game shows theres level to this ish lol

If anyone is in San Diego or SoCal the Ralph Lauren Store in La Jolla is throwing down a vintage meet n greet/ showcase Thursday 9/18.

If anyone is in San Diego or SoCal the Ralph Lauren Store in La Jolla is throwing down a vintage meet n greet/ showcase Thursday 9/18.

I don't live in Cali, but I would've been there....take lots of pics if you go and ask if there are any events in NYC....thanks, have fun

my dude we gotta connect for a drink next time i'm in SD, i'm stuck and cooped up with the family when i'm out there lol. i gotta make sure jahjah comes down too when i'm in the west.

Saw someone post a pic of the new polo bear sweater on ig, any clue where they're releasing them? Called a couple places but nothing.

Back
Top Bottom