**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

You're right, there are more $1k+ items under blue label than I've ever seen available on the site. Its clearly a test to see if customers will pay. RL doesn't know how these new prices will affect profits, but the foresight is that the items will sell above the old retail prices even at discount.
We've already seen 2 sales that are a month earlier than we are used to. I want to see what ways they come up with to they move all of this inventory when they start rolling Spring 15' out.
Could it be RL Customers are becoming more savvy, knowing that most items will be had for a reduced price?  This could be RL's way to Counter Such thinking.. 

Hike up prices then shortly put the items on sale..

Tell me about it man...... absolutely crazy

SMB - I hear you loud and clear, is it me or are there so many more items priced from $995 to $1500 than ever before.... :nerd:

Polopirate - wow.... You really need to capture all of this somewhere for display and history purposes.. unless I'm just unaware and you have done so already :smokin
You're right, there are more $1k+ items under blue label than I've ever seen available on the site. Its clearly a test to see if customers will pay. RL doesn't know how these new prices will affect profits, but the foresight is that the items will sell above the old retail prices even at discount.
We've already seen 2 sales that are a month earlier than we are used to. I want to see what ways they come up with to they move all of this inventory when they start rolling Spring 15' out.

The sales will have to keep coming for these items to make their way to my wardrobe, and we all know they over produce so the items will be there for months to come, just have to wait it out.

Could it be RL Customers are becoming more savvy, knowing that most items will be had for a reduced price?  This could be RL's way to Counter Such thinking.. 

Hike up prices then shortly put the items on sale..
That's definitely a factor. RL saw what happened with the last two employee code links. And you're correct, the price increases are a great way to keep profits high while more frequent promotions drive purchases.

The sales will have to keep coming for these items to make their way to my wardrobe, and we all know they over produce so the items will be there for months to come, just have to wait it out.
I agree. There will be lots left in the warehouses that will need to be cleared out. There's just too much this Fall. ...probably one of the best seasons to date.

It might've been already mentioned but for those who might know. Due to an increase of sale items on the website hitting a low price at the end of the season, will this affect the PSR store and the amount of items they will now receive?

I'm still waiting on the usually 40% off sale. I know it typically comes after the give back and Pink pony. I was hoping it would hit this week so I could get it in before my homecoming on the 24th.

dope spread @polopirate. twon was selling that orange/blue color blocked vest at the lo trade... i considered it but it would be tough to pull something to match that proper.

that rlx vest is the only rlx item i own, love it.
i want my collection to look like pirate's.
lol.
It might've been already mentioned but for those who might know. Due to an increase of sale items on the website hitting a low price at the end of the season, will this affect the PSR store and the amount of items they will now receive?
on the style forum thread it was mentioned that outlets are no longer receiving RRL PSR... not sure what that means for blue label, or how true that is in general, but its been confirmed by a few ppl there.

Not sure if I have mentioned this in here before or not regarding these high prices. I think what they are trying to do here with blue label is offer high end, exclusive, quality collections for a particular set of customers while still offering more affordable collections for a different crowd. The department stores will continue to have the lower end fleeces, varsity themes, and the more classic collections. I think there will be a day when entire collections are flagship instore exclusives. You're not even gonna see it unless you are in a handful of cities. And it won't be cheap. I'm curious to know if anyone has seen Americana in a macys outside of NY, CA or maybe Chicago, I haven't.

Not sure if I have mentioned this in here before or not regarding these high prices. I think what they are trying to do here with blue label is offer high end, exclusive, quality collections for a particular set of customers while still offering more affordable collections for a different crowd. The department stores will continue to have the lower end fleeces, varsity themes, and the more classic collections. I think there will be a day when entire collections are flagship instore exclusives. You're not even gonna see it unless you are in a handful of cities. And it won't be cheap. I'm curious to know if anyone has seen Americana in a macys outside of NY, CA or maybe Chicago, I haven't.
A salesperson at my local Macy stated that because people continually wait on sales rather then buy Ralph Lauren at retail, the Polo Ralph Lauren section will be getting smaller, and will only carry the basics in the near future. So it is very well possible that only flagship and well known retailer in certain areas (34th Macys Herald Square) will carry possible full lines. I think the majority are waiting for the SALE

A salesperson at my local Macy stated that because people continually wait on sales rather then buy Ralph Lauren at retail, the Polo Ralph Lauren section will be getting smaller, and will only carry the basics in the near future. So it is very well possible that only flagship and well known retailer in certain areas (34th Macys Herald Square) will carry possible full lines. I think the majority are waiting for the SALE
All of this makes sense, I anxious to see how this turns out. I really do hope that most of the high end items are available online moving forward. It's never a good felling finding out that a great item that I think is new was an in-store only item that sold out three years ago. :lol:

Last edited:

I live in Austin, TX and you're pretty much right they dont really have any exclusives whatsoever.
Which collection do you feel like is most limited?

Back
Top Bottom